• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Should it be changed somehow to make it more clear? (I'm genuinely asking! ;))
That part is clear to me, though slightly inaccurate (Cinavia DVDs don't rely on CSS; they have a AACS key used only as a Cinavia trigger). I think the discussion was more about the list of Cinavia discs, especially after it was pulled off Wikipedia, than the description of Cinavia; but IMO a list isn't really necessary anymore. (AFAIK the only unmarked Cinavia BD was The Losers; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

That part is clear to me, though slightly inaccurate (Cinavia DVDs don't rely on CSS; they have a AACS key used only as a Cinavia trigger).

They DO rely on CSS. The AACS "key" is a hash of the disc. The player when it detects that the media is a commercial DVD performs the same hash function on all the files on the disc and compares the stored hash to the generated one. If you remove CSS, that hash won't match and it'll trip Cinavia. ANY changes to the disc will cause Cinavia to trip in that case.

They DO rely on CSS. The AACS "key" is a hash of the disc. The player when it detects that the media is a commercial DVD performs the same hash function on all the files on the disc and compares the stored hash to the generated one. If you remove CSS, that hash won't match and it'll trip Cinavia. ANY changes to the disc will cause Cinavia to trip in that case.
That means it checks for changes to the disc--not CSS itself as the article says. The triggering encryption is still AACS, not CSS. :p

Well, it still doesn't check for CSS; it checks the actual disc hash against what AACS says. Still not CSS detection, though removing CSS can trigger it.:doh:

However, it does give me one idea: Could it be worked around (on DVDs only) by modifying the AACS hash to match the CSS-free disc? Yeah, I know it sounds like the competition's failed BDMV-rec solution; but if all the AACS key does on DVDs is tell Cinavia what the disc should look like, it may have a much longer lifespan than BDMV-rec. (Of course, it still may not be enough of a fix for SlySoft to implement; obviously the boys in Antigua are more interested in a real fix than a workaround, as they should be.)

Edit: I think I just answered my own question--if Cinavia watermark is present but CSS isn't, ignore the AACS hash and treat as a copy. Yeah, they can kill it much like they did BDMV-rec. :eek:

Last edited:
Hi all.

Is there a actual list of protected cinavia movies and tracks.
Cant find the list anymore i think it was on DVDFab site.

Most movies german sound track is not protected.

Thank you.

Certain scenes audio copyrighted?

I was watching a DVD and it half way through the film a message comes up on the screen saying something about the scenes audio being copyrighted.

I was watching a DVD and it half way through the film a message comes up on the screen saying something about the scenes audio being copyrighted.

It sounds like you have this problem. You will need to use a different playback device.

Very likely to be the case, but posting screenshot should confirm this once for all.

I will try and get a screen shot sometime.

Come to think of it i think it did say something about Cinavia. I have been having trouble every once in awhile with the audio on other DVD's but it never showed a message the audio just quit working.

I just looked at that list and some of those movies are the ones im having trouble with the aduio working on. What do i need to do?

I just looked at that list and some of those movies are the ones im having trouble with the aduio working on. What do i need to do?

The only reliable thing you can do at this time is to play your back up using a non-cinavia compliant player, either standalone or PC software. At current there is no way to remove cinavia.

Since your description is somewhat vague, there's two possibilities. Your original store bought discs (That contain cinavia) are causing you troubles, or your backup discs are causing you trouble. Which they naturally would, in a Cinavia supported player.
If it's the store bought discs, I'd begin complaining to someone really soon, or attempt to update your player. Updating isn't something I decide on lightly though!

The backups on the other hand... only play them in a player that does not support Cinavia. The PS3... apparently its days may be numbered :) And other players, just be patient for a fix. Since software players are recognizing it now, and the PS3 has supposedly been completely jailbroken, I'd expect a fix sooner than later. That may be wishful thinking though.

Last edited:
What is that i didn't see anything on the page explaining what it was?

That was just the down load page, as Pelvis Popcorn said it's a free media player that does not detect Cinavia, but it won't play original Blu-ray discs of course, but it doesn't have to. The ISO back ups work great.

XBMC seems to be playing my ISO's better then TMT 5 _ it's not so finicky when it comes to refresh rates.

So far it's the only free media player that seems to work with my frame interpolation feature on my Panasonic projector. All others including Power DVD and Corel have jerky play back, Power DVD being the worst.

Back