Bitter Tea of General Yen

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by revgen, Sep 13, 2017.

1. revgen

revgen Member

The disc doesn't have AACS, but it does have structural protection and possibly playlist obfuscation.

I've attached my log.

Attached Files:

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

So.... you must have a reason for posting this, I thought to myself, hence my question: is there a problem?

3. revgen

revgen Member

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

The 00001.mpls playlist gives me this error in MKVToolnix.

Code:
    --- Errors emitted by job 'Multiplexing to file "bittertea.mkv" in directory "D:\"' started on 2017-09-13 11:14:29 ---
    The track number 1 from the file 'D:\BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN\BDMV\PLAYLIST\..\STREAM\26507.m2ts' cannot be appended to the track number 1 from the file 'D:\BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN\BDMV\PLAYLIST\..\STREAM\24464.m2ts'. The number of channels of the two audio tracks is different: 0 and 2
    I suspect some kind of playlist obfuscation or structural protection is involved. The disc plays fine in my blu-ray player.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

error message says no such thing

STREAM\26507.m2ts' cannot be appended to the track number 1 from the file 'D:\BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN\BDMV\PLAYLIST\..\STREAM\24464.m2ts'. The number of channels of the two audio tracks is different: 0 and 2

different audio channel layout

5. revgen

revgen Member

So this problem cannot be fixed with AnyDVDHD?

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Doubt it, anydvd doesn't convert. Possibly bad disc mkvtoolnix issue. Pete will have to confirm

7. revgen

revgen Member

I solved the problem with eac3to. Apparently the audio track has something called "dirty PES bytes". I don't know what that is, but eac3to does and fixed it.

Thank you Ch3vr0n and Pete for your help.

8. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

@revgen
    Did you try if CloneBD gives an error if you try to create a MKV?

9. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

That is simply messy authoring.
    Not a protection issue - these disc on demand discs are authored using a crappy muxing software (an unofficial one, no BD license), they all are hardly Blu-ray compliant.
    We've seen similar problems on other DOD discs, too.
    "dirty PES bytes" most likely just means: there's bullshit in one or more PES packets.

AnyDVD handles the protection fine, but I wouldn't recommend buying DOD discs at this time. AnyDVD can't fix those broken streams, that's not its area.