• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bitter Tea of General Yen

revgen

The disc doesn't have AACS, but it does have structural protection and possibly playlist obfuscation.

I've attached my log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.0_Info_H_BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
The disc doesn't have AACS, but it does have structural protection and possibly playlist obfuscation.

I've attached my log.

So.... you must have a reason for posting this, I thought to myself, hence my question: is there a problem?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

The 00001.mpls playlist gives me this error in MKVToolnix.

Code:
--- Errors emitted by job 'Multiplexing to file "bittertea.mkv" in directory "D:\"' started on 2017-09-13 11:14:29 ---
The track number 1 from the file 'D:\BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN\BDMV\PLAYLIST\..\STREAM\26507.m2ts' cannot be appended to the track number 1 from the file 'D:\BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN\BDMV\PLAYLIST\..\STREAM\24464.m2ts'. The number of channels of the two audio tracks is different: 0 and 2

I suspect some kind of playlist obfuscation or structural protection is involved. The disc plays fine in my blu-ray player.

error message says no such thing

STREAM\26507.m2ts' cannot be appended to the track number 1 from the file 'D:\BITTER_TEA_OF_GENERAL_YEN\BDMV\PLAYLIST\..\STREAM\24464.m2ts'. The number of channels of the two audio tracks is different: 0 and 2

different audio channel layout

Doubt it, anydvd doesn't convert. Possibly bad disc mkvtoolnix issue. Pete will have to confirm

I solved the problem with eac3to. Apparently the audio track has something called "dirty PES bytes". I don't know what that is, but eac3to does and fixed it.

Thank you Ch3vr0n and Pete for your help.

I solved the problem with eac3to. Apparently the audio track has something called "dirty PES bytes". I don't know what that is, but eac3to does and fixed it.

That is simply messy authoring.
Not a protection issue - these disc on demand discs are authored using a crappy muxing software (an unofficial one, no BD license), they all are hardly Blu-ray compliant.
We've seen similar problems on other DOD discs, too.
"dirty PES bytes" most likely just means: there's bullshit in one or more PES packets.

AnyDVD handles the protection fine, but I wouldn't recommend buying DOD discs at this time. AnyDVD can't fix those broken streams, that's not its area.

Back