• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bitcoin Purchase Feedback and Advice

camperxl

I made my first bitcoin purchase today with RedFox. I was/am a complete neophyte knowing nothing about Bitcoin other than it existed, so now being on the other side of being a now novice user I wanted to provide some feedback.

Being completely new I followed RedFox's advice and opened a BitGo (web wallet) account. RedFox said I then needed to fund the account so I opened a BitStamp account (exchange). After I poked around BitGo a while somewhere in there it said "Fund your account with Coinbase". Figuring the process is probably simpler/streamlined if I use Coinbase I opened an account with them. Now with all my 1 week of Bitcoin experience I (think) I can say I only ever needed Coinbase to begin with as it is a wallet and exchange all in one; so after making my RedFox purchase, I closed the BitGo and BitStamp accounts and just kept Coinbase. I think RedFox would be helping its Bitcoin novice customers by removing all the BitStamp/BitGo information and just sending them to Coinbase. Maybe I don't have all the information, but it seems like BitStamp is just an exchange and BitGo is just a wallet. BitStamp was overwhelming - graphs and exchange rates everywhere, charts going up and down. Looked like a Dow Jones terminal. Just seems simpler, less overwhelming and less hassle to go with the all-in-one with the very simple interface.

Other information it would have been good to know ahead of time was that Bitcoin is a commodity, not different than gold or silver; maybe I knew this but just didn't fully grasp it until the funds were transferred. Its price fluctuates up and down. I took the bundle price RedFox stated in the checkout cart and initiated a transfer in Coinbase for that exact amount. I came out ahead this time in that by the time the funds were in my account the value of Bitcoins went up so I actually had leftover, but had it gone the other way I could have come up short and had to initiate another (week long) transfer to cover the difference or hope the value of BitCoins went up. So you might want to consider transferring more than is required just in case the value went down.

Anyway just some insight from a BC novice trying to help others like me.

Last edited:
Great advice. Others, including myself, have had success using blockchain.

And as I mentioned in another thread, if you live close to a bitcoin atm (https://coinatmradar.com), that's another way to fill your bitcoin wallet. Do beware of the fees associated with those ATMs, however, as some of them take close to 9% of the cash you put in.

Good to know. Blockchain looks like its meant for a more "savvy" BC user. Like a melding of BitGo and BitStamp.

Question about purchasing with Bitcoins.
Ivan stated once that after you paied with bitcoins you receive the key on the purchase page, is it still true?, or do i have
to use an e-mail adress to get the key sent to it?

You'll receive them on the purchase page but you also need to use a valid email. So they can send update notices in the future and send you your keys by mail as has always been the case.

Receiving keys on the purchase page was NOT my experience with Bitcoins (maybe that's the experience with a Visa/MC). After you complete the checkout process, you receive a BC address to send your total to (or QR Code to scan if you prefer). After my payment was received I got an email with keys attached**

** Because I use ProtonMail, there appears to be some strange reason ProtonMail strips off some types of attachments, so I had to PM Ivan and he sent the keys.

True, but Ivan stated after you completed payment you could press F5 or renew the page. If payment has been detected, the download link should be there.

Oh, well I missed that thread. On the address/QR Code page (I thought) it said the page would refresh every few minutes until payment had been received. When I got the confirmation emails and the page still showed the same I just closed the page. Maybe I didn't read closely enough and I was supposed to be doing the refreshing. Hopefully SD_J-I_88 can confirm after making his purchase.

Thanks @mike20021969 . So just to wrap it all up I went through the motions of another BC purchase. The actual verbiage is below.

Below you will find specific information pertaining to your order. Please note your reference number, which is used to identify your order: OEF-CC5. You will receive a separate order confirmation by e-mail.

Payment in progress!
The payment for this order is not finalized yet, its status will be checked every 5 minutes.

qr.png
Please pay at least 0.15549242 BTC to Bitcoin address 1FZe7jXeUPaJwMKmYy1L37TdFfdzaU1QNW
Clicking or scanning the QR code should prefill a payment request in your bitcoin client.

Long time forum lurker but never posted.

I just want to say how easy it was to purchase my LTL using bitcoin. I had strong reservations with this form a payment...too risky...too complicated. But in reality it couldn't have been simpler. I opted to use bread wallet loaded onto my iPad. In my city there are a number of bitcoin ATM machines. I choose to use one of those to load up my wallet.There was a 6% fee to use the machine but the Redfox discount more than made up for it. I just had to scan my QR code to receive the coins and insert my bills. In less than 5 minutes I had confirmation of my purchase. There wasn't even the need for an ID check.

Purchasing my license was equally simple. After completing the order information, I scanned Redfox's QR code and payment was made. In a matter of seconds I received my order invoice along with my reg key in my email. However, I didn't receive a download link on the purchase page as some members have stated. I even tried the F5 trick but it didn't work for me. But I didn't need it to.

If you are on the fence regarding bitcoin I encourage you to consider it as an option. I had previously owned a LTL from Slysoft for a number of years. Now I'm a proud owner of one from Redfox. Long live the fox!

Long time forum lurker but never posted.

I just want to say how easy it was to purchase my LTL using bitcoin. I had strong reservations with this form a payment...too risky...too complicated. But in reality it couldn't have been simpler. I opted to use bread wallet loaded onto my iPad. In my city there are a number of bitcoin ATM machines. I choose to use one of those to load up my wallet.There was a 6% fee to use the machine but the Redfox discount more than made up for it. I just had to scan my QR code to receive the coins and insert my bills. In less than 5 minutes I had confirmation of my purchase. There wasn't even the need for an ID check.

Purchasing my license was equally simple. After completing the order information, I scanned Redfox's QR code and payment was made. In a matter of seconds I received my order invoice along with my reg key in my email. However, I didn't receive a download link on the purchase page as some members have stated. I even tried the F5 trick but it didn't work for me. But I didn't need it to.

If you are on the fence regarding bitcoin I encourage you to consider it as an option. I had previously owned a LTL from Slysoft for a number of years. Now I'm a proud owner of one from Redfox. Long live the fox!

My story is very similar! Glad you had success. Welcome to Redfox!

Trying to hit a moving target. It takes 8 days for my purchase of bitcoins to clear and in that time the value of bitcoins shifted. Redfox recalculates bitcoins required by the current trading value at the moment of purchase. I no longer have enough bitcoins to buy the software even though I bought extra just to be sure. Just a little frustrated. Guess I have to wait another 8 days and so does Redfox.

I'm not sure that RF recalculates the price of the BCs. Say the total for their software is $120USD, they still charge $120USD a week from now it's just the value of BC may have changed in that time, but that's not RF's fault/doing. At least this is my understanding of how the setup works. Also I learned after I initiated my transfer if I had done it from a debit card, the transfer is instantaneous vs from a bank account which was 7 business days. FWIW.

the fact is, BTC has a very volatile exchange rate. The rate may fluctuate heavily on a day to day basis. I'm talking from experience. about a week ago i had 4.01BTC worth approx 1900 EUR. Take that value 4 days later and its over 2000. Even gold, real $ and real EUR don't fluctuate that heavily. Redfox has no control over the exchange rate.

I made my first bitcoin purchase today with RedFox. I was/am a complete neophyte knowing nothing about Bitcoin other than it existed, so now being on the other side of being a now novice user I wanted to provide some feedback.

Being completely new I followed RedFox's advice and opened a BitGo (web wallet) account. RedFox said I then needed to fund the account so I opened a BitStamp account (exchange). After I poked around BitGo a while somewhere in there it said "Fund your account with Coinbase". Figuring the process is probably simpler/streamlined if I use Coinbase I opened an account with them. Now with all my 1 week of Bitcoin experience I (think) I can say I only ever needed Coinbase to begin with as it is a wallet and exchange all in one; so after making my RedFox purchase, I closed the BitGo and BitStamp accounts and just kept Coinbase. I think RedFox would be helping its Bitcoin novice customers by removing all the BitStamp/BitGo information and just sending them to Coinbase. Maybe I don't have all the information, but it seems like BitStamp is just an exchange and BitGo is just a wallet. BitStamp was overwhelming - graphs and exchange rates everywhere, charts going up and down. Looked like a Dow Jones terminal. Just seems simpler, less overwhelming and less hassle to go with the all-in-one with the very simple interface.

Other information it would have been good to know ahead of time was that Bitcoin is a commodity, not different than gold or silver; maybe I knew this but just didn't fully grasp it until the funds were transferred. Its price fluctuates up and down. I took the bundle price RedFox stated in the checkout cart and initiated a transfer in Coinbase for that exact amount. I came out ahead this time in that by the time the funds were in my account the value of Bitcoins went up so I actually had leftover, but had it gone the other way I could have come up short and had to initiate another (week long) transfer to cover the difference or hope the value of BitCoins went up. So you might want to consider transferring more than is required just in case the value went down.

Anyway just some insight from a BC novice trying to help others like me.
Thanks for the info. I just signed up for coinbase and it was painless. Although my plan was to use a debit card thinking I could do everything tonight with the Any DVD HD license purchase. Which I would have been able to if their debit card limit wasn't only $40 a day. So it will still take me a couple more days to get the money I need for a lifetime license. If I had realized that I probably would have gone the direct from account route and waited the four days for that instead. Plus the fee is only 1% instead of the 3.75% for the debit card.

But now that I already have it set up. I will just buy more bitcoin over the next two days until I have enough for the license. Although if I am lucky the bitcoin price would go up and it would only take one more day. But realistically the price will more likely go down since I just purchased the bitcoin.

I only had a couple more days on my trial which was the reason I was rushing. But I should still be able to get the lifetime license purchase done before my trial ends.

Thanks again for the info about CoinBase!!

I just tried to purchase using bitcoin and at the end this popped up

Below you will find specific information pertaining to your order. Please note your reference number, which is used to identify your order: XXX-XXX. You will receive a separate order confirmation by e-mail.

Order not processed!

Is there a reason why my order would not be processed? Or am I supposed to wait for an email to show up to continue with the payment process with bitcoin?

That was around ten minutes ago and I still have not received an email about it.

I just tried to purchase using bitcoin and at the end this popped up

Is there a reason why my order would not be processed? Or am I supposed to wait for an email to show up to continue with the payment process with bitcoin?

That was around ten minutes ago and I still have not received an email about it.

If I remember correctly, this is normal. The system checks every few minutes for a bitcoin purchase associated with your order and then will send the keys. I think you're fine.

Back