• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ ISO's do not work with Powerdvd build 3319f

AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.9 apparently fixes a playback issue with 3319a according to the changelog. Of course, since I mount issues anyway, this problem doesn't concern me. According to James, they'll be adding ISO ripping to AnyDVD soon. That'll work for me.
Yeah, that's excellent news for the systems that don't show up as hdcp compliant. It'd be great if it worked on 3319f as well, but at least it works on 3319a - that's a popular powerdvd build anyway. I think most people can get to that version easy enough (or find it).

I've got HDCP compliant equipment but I don't have a blu-ray drive on that machine. So, mounting ISOs, not a problem for me as long as I can run with AnyDVD HD active. So, that is indeed good. I'm still running 3104 but I have the updates for all the versions. I keep them on my file server.

Yeah, try an ISO. I can play from folder just fine but not from ISO on version 3319a.
I had an encrypted iso of Troy (from my ps3), and I mounted it with Daemon Tools. Then I opened AnyDVD (I was using yesterday's beta still). Then I used imgburn to copy the encrypted iso to a decrypted iso (since AnyDVD was running). Then I turned off AnyDVD and I mounted the newly ripped iso. I opened PowerDVD 3319a and it played the mounted iso just fine.

NRG is just a fancy ISO image with extra data at the end. However, if that doesn't float your boat, you can install ImgBurn for free and use Read mode to create an ISO that way.

Advertisement mode:
You can use CloneCD as well. Just specify an ".iso" filename, and it will create an iso.

Advertisement mode:
You can use CloneCD as well. Just specify an ".iso" filename, and it will create an iso.

Assuming you remember to do that each time, sure. It would be nice if that option could be made to stick. :)

I've got HDCP compliant equipment but I don't have a blu-ray drive on that machine. So, mounting ISOs, not a problem for me as long as I can run with AnyDVD HD active. So, that is indeed good. I'm still running 3104 but I have the updates for all the versions. I keep them on my file server.

Did you preserve the file name for the PDVD 3319a update? Can you tell me what the exact file name was? Thanks.

I don't seem to have the 3319a update, but, the 3319 update is:

PowerDVD_Ultra(3319).exe

I was wondering why he cares if he saves an iso or the actual files .. not that I care, I was just wondering if I was missing something.

When you say "this issue", I'm assuming you mean being able to play from the hdd with 3319f?
Even though this is a 3319f thread, bachuka was asking about 3319a. 3319a plays just fine from the hdd, plus it will play the latest hd-dvd and blu-rays from the disc. Of course I always use the latest anydvd hd (or the latest beta, if there is one). My stuff is all hdcp compliant (and more importantly, pdvd sees that it is) so I never have anydvd running when I watch a movie - so I have no need of rolling back to 3104.

Humpa, thanks for all your help. To create an ISO on Nero, go to file, options, expert feature...then enable all supported formats. It will then allow you to save as an ISO in addition to NRU.

To answer you question as to why I prefer ISO over playing from a folder. With an ISO, you can use a remote control on a HTPC and just select a file and click ok to play. In order to play from a folder, you have to open PDVD, select open from folder, find your folder, etc. A long process.

For some reason, the Bluray ISO of spiderman 1-3 does not load with 3319a with anydvd on or off. It will load if I use 3319f. However, 3319f does not load my ISO's of BD+ movies like "home of the brave".

I will try the latest version of Anydvd and see if this fixes the problem.

I thought cyberlink was going to release a new version today.
Any word on this?

maybe at midnite :confused:

so if i update from 3319a to 3319f i lose nothing but play from folder
and it might play ff2 ross with bd+ ?

Last edited:
maybe at midnite :confused:

so if i update from 3319a to 3319f i lose nothing but play from folder
and it might play ff2 ross with bd+ ?

3319a plays it, so you shouldn't update.

listen to James he is right. I have tried 3319f and it wont recognise ISO mounted drives or the AnyDVD HD mounted drives, well not with Fantastic 4 anyway says unknown contents of drive and thats that, back to 3319a where it does work, with files on hard drive, mounted ISO's, AnyDVD HD .....

thank you i am so glad to hear that :agree:
please help Me if you can i posted my zips in the blu-ray thread
i have 4 movies mounted and ff2 is the only troublemaker (black screen):confused:
disc mode locks up as does folder mode but file mode gives me a slideshow
although the avc bitrate is well within my systems capabilities judgeing by other movies -
38Mbs AVC
Ver: 7.3.3319a.0 is this the right one James?

Last edited:
Humpa, thanks for all your help. To create an ISO on Nero, go to file, options, expert feature...then enable all supported formats. It will then allow you to save as an ISO in addition to NRU.

I try it with Nero 8 and the only choice is to make an Data BR/HD-DVD. I have'nt found the way to make a Vidéo BR/HD-DVD.

Can you help me please ?

you make a data Blu-ray and manually set the udf to 2.5 or above

Ok, here's an update on this post. I had the wrong version of 3319a. I found the right one on the web and all ISO's work perfectly now. Thanks all for your help.

you make a data Blu-ray and manually set the udf to 2.5 or above

I do that. I put the BDMV folder on root and Nero create an .nrg big file (16GO).
I try to mount it on daemon's tools and i have an error.
When i try to open it with Ultraiso, the .nrg is empty :confused:.

What's wrong ?

I also try to make iso with imgburn but i don't found where the option is :eek:.

I use XP SP2 with anydvd, so i think i have UDF driver.

I do that. I put the BDMV folder on root and Nero create an .nrg big file (16GO).
I try to mount it on daemon's tools and i have an error.
When i try to open it with Ultraiso, the .nrg is empty :confused:.

What's wrong ?

I also try to make iso with imgburn but i don't found where the option is :eek:.

I use XP SP2 with anydvd, so i think i have UDF driver.
Put your Blu-Ray movie in the drive, open AnyDVD HD, then use imgburn (in Read mode) to read from the Blu-Ray drive and write it as an iso (which will be decrypted because of AnyDVD HD).

I had several BD+ discs that I had ripped as encrypted iso's using imgburn a short while ago. AnyDVD HD was still undergoing refinements regarding BD+ so I was unable to decrypt them at that time. I have since been able to decrypt them with, I believe, AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.5 using the mounted image in Daemon Tools. I've had no problems playing them back with PowerDVD 3104a from the folders on my hard drive. In fact, I just watched FF4_ROSS on my HTPC this evening and it played without a hitch. My advice is, if you're having problems with 3319 then go back to 3104a and stop stressing over Cyberlink's shenanigans.

Back