• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ ISO's do not work with Powerdvd build 3319f

bachuka

As many of you know, playing a HD movie from your hard drive does not work with the latest version of PDVD v3319f unless you convert them to ISO's. I convert all of my HD movies to ISO's to allow a single click and play on PDVD. The reason I'm using this version is because it plays the spiderman trilogy bluray ISO's. The previous version did not.

What I just noticed though is that BD+ ISO's for example "Home of the Brave" does not play with v3319f but does with previous versions. Anyone else get this problem? Any solutions?

IMHO, at this point in time 3319a is the best for all round compatabiliy, it plays all my older ISOs and BD+ FF2 SS ISO.

Or wait until the new patch tomorrow and see if that offers anything, doubt it though.

IMHO, at this point in time 3319a is the best for all round compatabiliy, it plays all my older ISOs and BD+ FF2 SS ISO.

Or wait until the new patch tomorrow and see if that offers anything, doubt it though.

Are you able to play the spiderman trilogy ISO's with 3319a? I tried that version with my spiderman ISO's but it will just load the initial logo of spiderman and give me a black screen from that point. 3319f does play my spiderman ISO.

PowerDVD Ultra, "f" build

I have a paid for CyberLink support contract. I was told by the support person (that I have worked with before) that CyberLink was told that they were in violation of the AACS standard. They are trying to "work through it" but long-term I think SlySoft is going to have to provide a playback solution.

I have a paid for CyberLink support contract. I was told by the support person (that I have worked with before) that CyberLink was told that they were in violation of the AACS standard. They are trying to "work through it" but long-term I think SlySoft is going to have to provide a playback solution.

I wonder how it's in violation of the AACS standard when it only plays HD DVD or Blu-ray off the harddrive if it has no AACS, sounds like BS to me

Yeah, try an ISO. I can play from folder just fine but not from ISO on version 3319a.
k, I'll try it in a few when this rip is done.

Are you decrypting/ripping them to the hdd and then creating an iso from that? I assume you are - I'm not sure of any other way to get a decrypted iso.

EDIT: nvm, I don't know how to make an iso image in windows. I do it all the time in linux. :(
I have the latest Nero, and I know I've seen posts on how to do it, but I never paid any attention - I assumed it would be intuitive, but it isn't. I only see how to use Nero to create an HD-DVD nru(?) image.

EDIT2: I assume you know this, but I'll say it anyway. Obviously an encrypted iso isn't going to work, since you need anydvd running in that case - and you can't have anydvd running with version 3319a/e/f

Last edited:
NRG is just a fancy ISO image with extra data at the end. However, if that doesn't float your boat, you can install ImgBurn for free and use Read mode to create an ISO that way.

NRG is just a fancy ISO image with extra data at the end. However, if that doesn't float your boat, you can install ImgBurn for free and use Read mode to create an ISO that way.
The hd-dvd extension in nero is not nrg - it is nru or something.

I tried creating an iso with imgburn, but it tells me it can't because some of the files are too large. And I used the Build mode - the Read mode didn't seem to be correct for making an iso.

I'll go look for a guide, but if anyone has a link, please feel free to post it.

I've not bothered to use Nero for creating an image of my HD DVD's. I used ImgBurn's read mode, as I said. It works fine, trust me. Build mode is NOT correct.

P.S. If you have XP, you *MUST* have a UDF driver installed for it to work. I use Vista.

I've not bothered to use Nero for creating an image of my HD DVD's. I used ImgBurn's read mode, as I said. It works fine, trust me. Build mode is NOT correct.

P.S. If you have XP, you *MUST* have a UDF driver installed for it to work. I use Vista.
But in Read mode you need to read from a drive, right? That won't work since then the iso will still be encrypted. I want to create an iso from the ripped/decrypted files on my hdd - don't ask me why, but bachuka wants me to try using 3319a to play a mounted iso image as opposed to playing the movie from the hdd.

But in Read mode you need to read from a drive, right? That won't work since then the iso will still be encrypted. I want to create an iso from the ripped/decrypted files on my hdd - don't ask me why, but bachuka wants me to try using 3319a to play a mounted iso image as opposed to playing the movie from the hdd.

Why would it still be encrypted if you've got AnyDVD HD running in the background? No, trust me, please, it will work just fine...yes, from the drive.

Why would it still be encrypted if you've got AnyDVD HD running in the background? No, trust me, please, it will work just fine...yes, from the drive.
I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't think anydvd would decrypt in that scenario.
I'm saving Troy as an unencrypted iso - though I'm using my ps3 generated iso of Troy, mounted with Daemon Tools and being read by imgburn and decrypted by anydvd. And I'm still not sure why bachuka cares if he saves them on the hdd as an iso or as a folder (there is no size difference).

I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't think anydvd would decrypt in that scenario.
I'm saving Troy as an unencrypted iso - though I'm using my ps3 generated iso of Troy, mounted with Daemon Tools and being read by imgburn and decrypted by anydvd. And I'm still not sure why bachuka cares if he saves them on the hdd as an iso or as a folder (there is no size difference).

It works fine. At least it did for me. He cares because he wants to know if the ISO works as mounted in Daemon Tools. I can assure him it does. And you guys definitely need to upgrade to the new version of AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.9. It makes this issue irrelevant for 3104a. EDIT: er, woops, they claim it works for 3319a. Neat.

Last edited:
It works fine. At least it did for me. He cares because he wants to know if the ISO works as mounted in Daemon Tools. I can assure him it does. And you guys definitely need to upgrade to the new version of AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.9. It makes this issue irrelevant for 3104a.
I was wondering why he cares if he saves an iso or the actual files .. not that I care, I was just wondering if I was missing something.

When you say "this issue", I'm assuming you mean being able to play from the hdd with 3319f?
Even though this is a 3319f thread, bachuka was asking about 3319a. 3319a plays just fine from the hdd, plus it will play the latest hd-dvd and blu-rays from the disc. Of course I always use the latest anydvd hd (or the latest beta, if there is one). My stuff is all hdcp compliant (and more importantly, pdvd sees that it is) so I never have anydvd running when I watch a movie - so I have no need of rolling back to 3104.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.9 apparently fixes a playback issue with 3319a according to the changelog. Of course, since I mount issues anyway, this problem doesn't concern me. According to James, they'll be adding ISO ripping to AnyDVD soon. That'll work for me.

Back