• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Avatar Netflix copy freezes at 50%

Hmmm Worked fine for me

I used this method Successfully to create an exact copy of the original BD ripped to fit on BD25, BD9 and standard DVD

Seemed to work fine..

But I used different Re-Muxing and mastering software than you mentioned.

I've never come across any software that can remux or re-encode if the main streams have corruption in them. If you are referring to using DVDFab with Avatar then the corruption on the Netflix discs isn't on the main movie file which is why it still works.

Not the Avatar Disk

The disk is actually the US Blu-Ray release of Akira.

The 36 bad sectors were in the main movie file. ( know this cause ImgBurn logs the file name where the bad sectors are.

I used ImgBurn to rip the BD to an ISO skipping bad sectors.
Used VirtualClone Drive to mount the ImgBurn ISO
Used ANyDvd Rip to IMage function on the mounted ISO to create a unprotected ISO of the disk
Used VirtualClone Drive to mount this new unprotected ISO
Used DVDFab to make both the BD25 and BD9 Disks from that mounted ISO. Both play fine.
Used iSkySoft Video Converter to conver the BD9 copy of the STREAM movie file to MPEG-4
Used Roxio to create a standard DVD

Worked like a champ.
However I do not usually have a requirement to make all 3 types of disks I was basically interested in seeing what my suite of tools could do.

John

Update

This is an update to the above post.

I tried another method of re-muxing..

That was, Instead of converting the BD9 movie stream file to MP4 using iSkySoft Video converted, I used the DVDFab function Blu-Ray to Mobile and selected the MP4 option.

I used the BD9 ISO file for the conversion.

This actually created a better quality MP4 file and sucessfully re-muxed the Dolby Tru sound original format to AC-3 6 channel in the MP4 file.

This was inspite of the bad sectors skipped during ripping with ImgBurn.

Roxio also performed better on this file created with DVDFab and completely encoded the movie for Standard DVD Creation incredibly fast (The fact that I run an i7 CPU with 8 gig of ram and a NVidia GE-Force 9700 (CUDA Encoding assist via the GPU.... Might have helped a little..)

Hope this helps any one else who might be up against the BAD DISK wall.

All three format DVDs play fine.

John

This is an update to the above post.

I tried another method of re-muxing..

That was, Instead of converting the BD9 movie stream file to MP4 using iSkySoft Video converted, I used the DVDFab function Blu-Ray to Mobile and selected the MP4 option.

I used the BD9 ISO file for the conversion.

This actually created a better quality MP4 file and sucessfully re-muxed the Dolby Tru sound original format to AC-3 6 channel in the MP4 file.

This was inspite of the bad sectors skipped during ripping with ImgBurn.

Roxio also performed better on this file created with DVDFab and completely encoded the movie for Standard DVD Creation incredibly fast (The fact that I run an i7 CPU with 8 gig of ram and a NVidia GE-Force 9700 (CUDA Encoding assist via the GPU.... Might have helped a little..)

Hope this helps any one else who might be up against the BAD DISK wall.

All three format DVDs play fine.

John

Jeez man its like you're playin' soccer or somethin' :). Seems like an awful lot of work for very little gain.

I'd be interested to see what the log file is like if you run the original main movie file through something that checks each stream to see if it finds any corrupt frames in the video stream or if the corrupt data is somewhere else. When you consider that for Akira the overall bitrate for the main movie file is around 42.5mb/s and only about 19.5 of that is for the video, the rest being the audio streams it's quite possible that you got lucky and the corruption is in one of the audio tracks.

Last edited:
I picked up one of these discs from a local blockbuster the other day.
Got fed up with blu-ray playback on pc so i moved my lite-on bd-rom back to my workstation and am ripping to h264 to playback on the media center that doesn't have an optical anymore (1x 5.25 bay is now occupied by media controller).

ANYWAY.

This disk is a nasty little bugger. Getting the same 50% failure with anydvd on or off. BD Disc, RED_BIRD_2D_WW. Imgburn is erratically reading the offending sectors, getting as low as 32kb/s and of course 0.0kb/s, 105 retries and counting. :clap:

Ironically I went out on a limb and picked it up from blockbuster instead of netflix because I didn't want to wait on it lol. Maybe i'll get lucky and get a newer disc from Netflix.

Just thought I'd share. Also, first post, been using Anydvd for ages and recently upgraded to HD; amazing product, thanks for everything.

you guys should comp me a trip to Antigua, I want to come hang out. :agree:

ogboot: I would have to say that you have a bad disc there buddy. I see that you bought Avatar, which many people have been plagued by issues with their discs(me being one of the lucky few who didn't). Take the disc back and exchange for a new one. It also could be your drive failing, or a combination of both but most likely the disc.

I'm pretty sure its the disk, I've had no other issues with any other media. I'm going to get another one was see if i have the same results.

Edit: ISO completed with 141 retries. I'm going to work with it this weekend out of curiousity.

Last edited:
Just be aware there's a whole batch of bad discs out there, so, even if you get a replacement there's no guarantee it won't be from the same batch. If you get a read error on Avatar, it's a bad disc or the drive can't handle the disc. It's as simple as that.

Back