• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Audio order always changed

Salotto

I know this has already been discussed, but I need to reinforce this point.
I recently downloaded the complete series of Friends from Amazon and more than half of the episodes are coming with their respective audios in no order, always in a random manner.
To convert all these episodes into MKV in queues, you need to check one by one to see if the languages of these audios have been changed.
I wouldn't care what order they come in each season, I just would like the first to last episode to be in the same order.
I've done everything indicated in the settings but I still have this problem.
Is it possible to one day fix this permanently?

Only the devs know that. Currently they are bound to fixing Netflix, but when seeing that it has been mentioned almost right away after multi-audio got introduced, I doubt they even care.

Well, I hope that one day this will change, it gets very tiring checking hundreds of videos every time, apart from the time spent doing so.

Maybe a script could check the language code and then use it as Track 1 etc
Meaning regardless if the english track is the first or ninth track, the script (that uses ffmpeg mkvtoolnix) could set track_en=track1 oder track_en=track9. Of course I got no clue if it is possible, but I think it might.

The developers have their hands full right now with more important things. Maybe in the future

For MKV files, I can change the track order by using MKVToolNix, but I am not aware of a similar application for MP4 files. Any suggestion? Thanks. 🤔😅

Not sure if the above mentioned Staxrip also works with mp4, but why shouldn't it. I just never used it and don't know.
Maybe it would even be possible to let MKVToolNix output a .mp4 file, just not sure if I should recommend it.

I have one suggestion. If you don't need to listen to the content in another language just deselect those languages before downloading so you only have the ONE language you care to listen to your content in. That would solve the problem as well.

Ok, to get this correct.
You want a script that can check at which location the English audio track is right now and then make sure it becomes the first track and default audio in the MKV?
or MP4?

If this is the case kindly let me know.
I have an project on "ice" that might be helpful for this here some screenshot, kindly note I obfuscated the info to path and title.

1713446555586.png

1713446654294.png

Last edited:
Why do the audio order mather? or are you using a script that switches container that needs to know the trackorders?

Last edited:
Why do the audio order mather? or are you using a script that switches container that needs to know the trackorders?
Not sure about the OP's reason, but some media players simply start playing the first audio track in the file. So if the track order is messed up on download, the wrong audio plays and you have to go into the player and select the correct track. Would be a lot easier if the track order was right form the beginning.

I've not found a way in MP4 files to change the track order without using something FFMpeg to create a new output file with the tracks re-ordered. Of course that takes time to write the file out (doing on SSD is faster).

I know the Header Editor option in MKVToolNix works to set the "Default" flag on an audio and subtitle tracks, along with FORCED flag on subs, without having to write a new file, and that is generally respected by players. But that only works for MKV files, not MP4.

(Edited to fix some spelling mistakes. That is what I get for typing on my phone)

Last edited:
I know this has already been discussed, but I need to reinforce this point.
I recently downloaded the complete series of Friends from Amazon and more than half of the episodes are coming with their respective audios in no order, always in a random manner.
To convert all these episodes into MKV in queues, you need to check one by one to see if the languages of these audios have been changed.
I wouldn't care what order they come in each season, I just would like the first to last episode to be in the same order.
I've done everything indicated in the settings but I still have this problem.
Is it possible to one day fix this permanently?
Are the descriptions of the audio tracks consistent? Like, even if its in a different order, is the name of the audio track you want to be first/default always the same? Are other tracks named the same? Just curious because if consistent enough, it might be possible to write a script that interrogates the audio tracks of the MP4, and remuxes the Mp4 to MKV, then tag the specific audio track you want as default.

Why do the audio order mather? - This is my use case:
I download a tv serie with x audio tracks and y sub titles. After downloading I decoded the files again with VidCoder (very good GUI for handbrake) into x265 to save disk space. VidCoder let me select witch audio and subtitles I want to include and remembers the last choice - but it is very confused if the order of the audio/subtiles changes from file to file, and so I have to select the audio/subtitle settings for each file again and again :-(

So I also would be happy if the order in all files would be the same.

But you are right. All the players I known don't mind the order as long as the tags are consistent.
And yes, MKVToolnix are the best tool for reorder without recoding.

Last edited:
Here is an excerpt from my post "AnyStream - Audio & Descriptive Audio - Listing Order" to hopefully add insight to this discussion.

When I selected AVC, CBR at 1920x0800 (full HD) and AAC at 128 kbps for audio, I had to to get the right listing order (regular audio on line 1 and descriptive audio on line 2) by doing the following steps, clicking on the "Downloadable videos (1)" button, "Download" button and "Cancel" button, repeating this process until I get the right listing order of "English (United States)" on the first line and "English (United States, descriptive)" on the second line or anywhere below the first line. Once the audio listing order is according to how I wanted, I press the final "Download" button, and the resulting MP4 has Audio 1 (English) and Audio 2 (English, descriptive) CORRECT.

When I chose AVC, CBR at 1248x0520 (HD) and AAC at 128 kbps for audio, after doing the same process as mentioned above to get the desired listing order for audio, the downloaded MP4 has the Audio1 and Audio 2 REVERSED even if the listing order displayed "English" first and "English, descriptive" listed next, the resulting MP4 would always have descriptive audio as Audio 1 and regular audio as Audio 2. I tried this several times, with the same results, Audio 1 as descriptive audio (with narration) and Audio 2 as regular audio (no narration).

The workaround I used for the full HD download seemed to produce the correct audio order.

Checking the boxes for only English (United States) and English (United States, descriptive), I was wondering why I could not get the right audio order when downloading regular HD even if the correct audio order was listed prior to downloading. 🤔🧐

Back