• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Audio language missing despite track downloaded (AP)

Rondea

I want to share a very peculiar issue I have recently come across in AP (more specifically its MGM+ sub-channel), that I have never seen before. I am 99.9% certain, that this is not an Anystream problem, since I encounter the same issue when using the AP Fire TV Stick. Yet, I think it is important that people are aware of the problem, especially those that download content without immediately checking afterwards whether the downloaded content is fine.

Now to the issue:
The MGM+ sub-channel in AP (accessed from Italy) offers, among others, the movie "The Pink Panther Strikes Again". If the user interface of AP is set to German the movie's name is displayed as "Der rosarote Panther kehrt zurück" - but careful (!), MGM+ then offers two movies with the exact same German name, namely: "Der rosarote Panther kehrt zurück". The one I am talking about is the one from 1976, not the one from 1975. In fact, the actual German name of the movie (according to Wikipedia) is "Inspektor Clouseau, der „beste“ Mann bei Interpol". So AP/MGM+ already does not report the correct movie name. But this is not the actual problem.

The problem lies with the audio tracks that come with the movie. The movie offers, among others, the audio languages English, Italian, and German. I selected all of them and downloaded the movie with Anystream. I then opened the downloaded movie with VLC and set the audio track to German. To my surprise none of the actors in the movie spoke German, in fact they remained completely silent throughout the whole movie, when the German audio track was selected. Note, however, that all background noises and the music were still present (!), when the respective audio track was selected. But not a single word was spoken. If you selected the English or Italian audio track instead, the actors would speak normally using the selected language. You can check this yourself if you download the movie and go to position 34:40 - the actors clearly speak, but with the German audio track enabled they remain silent.

Given that I encounter the same problem when watching the movie via the AP Fire TV Stick I reckon that either AP or MGM+ added the German audio track, but forgot to add the actual German language parts. Because of this, the track is present (and contains background noises and music) but no German spoken word.

Important take home message for everyone: Do not trust AP (or MGM+?) to provide correct audio tracks. When you download content, always check that the languages you are interested in are actually present in the downloaded file. And when you check, do actually check that the actors speak the desired language - just checking that there is audio (i. e. background noises or music) is NOT enough! If you do not check, you might end up with content that does not contain the language you wanted to have. And this is not Anystream's fault, but the provider's (!).

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.6.0.astlog
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You should write that to Amazon (leave out the AnyStream part obviously 😁 )

😁

On a more serious note: I do consider writing Amazon about this. Yet, I thought that it would be good to let people know here, since it was just by chance that I came across this problem. If you do not know, that this can happen, you might never check your downloaded content until it is too late.

Note, however, that all background noises and the music were still present (!), when the respective audio track was selected. But not a single word was spoken.
Is it a multi-channel audio track and you only have a stereo setup, by chances?
I had the same issue in the past and could only hear it when setting it to stereo manually inside the player (VLC). I think it was about converted BDs with CloneBD, but I haven't done so for a longer time. But what else could it be.

The same applies to the freevee version. The german track is in stereo. No spoken words. Not yet tested with a FireTV, only with VLC.

If I am not mistaken, we have already spoken about this and there’s nothing we can do. It’s absolutely on AMAZON side.

Thanks to everyone for confirming this is an AP issue. I will have to talk to them, but knowing their policies they might just remove the German track and will call the problem fixed for (Italian) customers. Maybe if someone from Germany is also bothered you could reach out to AP and tell them as well, that there is this issue with the title.

Thanks again for the help!

There is a new version on AMZ, entitled "Der Pink Panther schlägt erneut zu".

The dialog is now included in the german soundtrack. :)

Cheers, I can confirm they apparently re-uploaded the whole movie, now with the German soundtrack properly included.

Back