• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS BW-16D1HT in a OWC Mercury Pro enclosure not being recognized by my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will. Try again unplug and replug. This is really weird and should not happen.

They will. Try again unplug and replug. This is really weird and should not happen.
ive tried unplugging replugging in, i still cant open it, and it wont recognize a disk in it. i switched the usb ports too.

Download the stock firmware from LG and flash it. It either works or not and if not return it in that status.

Download the stock firmware from LG and flash it. It either works or not and if not return it in that status.
cant seem to find the official, it directs me to BP50NB10 only for some reason.. do you see a link for it? i tried reflashing it but it has an error code. 0xff05c103.

i noticed on the bottom it says NB12 as the SVS code, so i tried the mcnutts one with NB12 in it and it also doesnt work.. i tried it on another laptop with Windows 8 instead of Windows 10, no go.. not sure whats going on. i cant flash the one you linked me to for the reasons i mentioned.. shrugs. There are no other steps, say with the recovery option in the SDFtool Flasher? If not, so i send it back then what would you recommend?

Send it back. Billycar says they never check that in the US.
ok.. this will be the third one..what one should i get next, this same one but a replacement? You know they actually sent it as the retail box alone, no protection, no outer box?

Hi, i'm using an ASUS BW-16D1HT in a OWC Mercury Pro enclosure, i plugged in the enclosure to the wall for power, then plugged in the USB to the Sky X7 Eurocom laptop, but it doesn't come up anywhere in file explorer, device manager or anywhere else. The enclosure and drive turn on, i can push the button to open the tray and close it, it sounds like it reads it but nothing occurs in the laptop, it doesn't seem to detect it at all. i tried to open up the enclosure, spray air to get any dust out, reconnected the connectors, reseated the drive in the enclosure, replugged in everything but still nothing. i can plug in another slim Blu Ray enclosure and it gets recognized, but not this one for some reason. Is there something i can do to get it to work? i have MakeMK installed, would installing Redfox/AnyDVD help?
Did you update the firmware on your desktop and optical drive ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back