• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question AS Prime Download Randomly Ignored File & Path Settings for TV Episode

donaf

This has me stumped.:banghead: Using AS Plus Version 1.8.6.0. This only happened with a "one-off" episode in Tales of Wells Fargo (Season 4) in my STARZ subscription on Prime (never seen this happen before). I found what appeared to be a missing episode in the target folder that I know I downloaded should have been there. Finally, I found it in the root Prime folder, so it indeed downloaded. However, I noted that AS ignored the file and path settings in my AS configuration settings. Please see attached capture PNG's (sequentially ordered) to illustrate this behavior. All other episodes in the season were downloaded to the correct file path and renamed properly as well per my AS configuration settings, except this singular episode. NOT a "show-stopper" but it is nothing short of UNUSUAL.o_O

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    956.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    125 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    846.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    128.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sounds like a glitch to me, but I’ll check the log file further

Okay, I do not have Starz from Prime but I do have it on Hulu. I think this was a Primes error, Season 4 of that series has 37 episodes, What type of drive is your T"/ drive? I don't think it ignored the file and Path settings, I just think it glitched and went back to the default settings. If it happens again, let us know.

Okay, I do not have Starz from Prime but I do have it on Hulu. I think this was a Primes error, Season 4 of that series has 37 episodes, What type of drive is your T"/ drive? I don't think it ignored the file and Path settings, I just think it glitched and went back to the default settings. If it happens again, let us know.
It's an SSD drive (internal to PC system where downloading happens). The irony is that I downloaded the entire Season 4 with all episodes but this one making it to the correct file path with the correct file naming convention. This was totally a random, inexplicable occurrence -- never seen before. I never thought to look in the root Prime folder, so I kept downloading this one episode multiple times (seeing my tokens notched down each time and observing the progress bar and ending confirmation which appeared to be evidence that an actual download occurred). Finally, the thought came to me to look elsewhere in the file structure. That's when I noticed that there were several copies of this episode all downloaded to the root Prime folder from my multiple attempts to get this episode. Somewhere along the way, there must be properties pertaining to this episode that throws off AS+.

I have Starz in Prime so I tried Tales of Wells Fargo season 4 episodes 113-114 and can repeat the OP's behavior: Episodes 113 and 115 downloaded using the TV template, but episode 114 downloaded using the Movie template. They ended up in different locations, with 114 seen as a "movie". I generated a log (attached).

Note: This isn't the OP's exact situation, but I've seen this behavior before in older versions of AnyStream with TV Shows from Amazon Prime where titles listed on the "Extras" page in Prime were downloaded using the Movie template, while all the regular TV episodes are downloaded using the TV template. (Example: Reign, Season 2 has 22 titles on the Prime "Episode" tab and one title on the "Extras" tab. 23 titles downloaded: 22 using TV template, and the Extra using the Movie template.) Sadly, AnyStream now doesn't download the extras...

Also attached: images showing eps 113-115 selected, my download templates. my TV "Daily" folder showing 113/115, and my Prime Movie folder showing 114.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-25 092833.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 092833.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-03-25 092421.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 092421.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-03-25 092025.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 092025.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-25 092925.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 092925.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 3
I just downloaded that whole Season and had no issues. If it happens again, ( it was just one episode right) let us know. Thank you, I will keep this in mind.

Syartz.jpg

I have Starz in Prime so I tried Tales of Wells Fargo season 4 episodes 113-114 and can repeat the OP's behavior: Episodes 113 and 115 downloaded using the TV template, but episode 114 downloaded using the Movie template. They ended up in different locations, with 114 seen as a "movie". I generated a log (attached).

Note: This isn't the OP's exact situation, but I've seen this behavior before in older versions of AnyStream with TV Shows from Amazon Prime where titles listed on the "Extras" page in Prime were downloaded using the Movie template, while all the regular TV episodes are downloaded using the TV template. (Example: Reign, Season 2 has 22 titles on the Prime "Episode" tab and one title on the "Extras" tab. 23 titles downloaded: 22 using TV template, and the Extra using the Movie template.) Sadly, AnyStream now doesn't download the extras...

Also attached: images showing eps 113-115 selected, my download templates. my TV "Daily" folder showing 113/115, and my Prime Movie folder showing 114.
That seems to match the behavior I experienced. AP must have miscategorized this one episode as a "movie" instead of a TV episode. Is that what you're indicating threw AS off? If so, this would explain this anomaly.

RedFox, you are showing different titles and episode numbers than I and the OP are seeing.

For me the episodes are numbreed 91 through 127, yours are 1 through 37.

Also, my first episode is 91, Young Jim Hardie, whereas yours is 01, Home Town. The problematic episode here is 114, named Fourty-Four, but you show that as s04e15.

I'm using Prime/Starz in US - is there a regional difference in the episode numbers/names perhaps?

I'm just really curious how you are seeing episode with different numbering and order of titles...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-25 094048b.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 094048b.png
    514.4 KB · Views: 0
That seems to match the behavior I experienced. AP must have miscategorized this one episode as a "movie" instead of a TV episode. Is that what you're indicating threw AS off? If so, this would explain this anomaly.
Yes, I will look into this if it happens again, thank you for reporting.

RedFox, you are showing different titles and episode numbers than I and the OP are seeing.

For me the episodes are numbreed 91 through 127, yours are 1 through 37.

Also, my first episode is 91, Young Jim Hardie, whereas yours is 01, Home Town. The problematic episode here is 114, named Fourty-Four, but you show that as s04e15.

I'm using Prime/Starz in US - is there a regional difference in the episode numbers/names perhaps?

I'm just really curious how you are seeing episode with different numbering and order of titles...
Hulu, which is what @RedFox 1 is using, doesn't have the issue that AP has for this content. I think this is an "apple" (Hulu) versus an "orange" (AP) situation. I also have found that some providers digress from the original episode sequencing in the original series' noted broadcast order. Sometimes, I have to manually fix all that on this end to correct it to match the original series' broadcast order.

But that's neither here nor there with regards to this noted anomaly. I think it is a case of AP flagging this one episode incorrectly as a "movie" that results in AS downloading it to the configured movie landing zone (folder) instead of to what should be the TV episode folder configured in the Settings. I would say at this point that it is NOT resulting from an AS "bug."

Hulu, which is what @RedFox 1 is using doesn't have the issue that AP has for this content. I think this is an "apple" (Hulu) versus an "orange" (AP) situation. I also have found that some providers digress from the original episode sequencing in the original series' noted broadcast order. Sometimes, I have to manually fix all that on this end to correct it to match the original series' broadcast order.

But that's neither here nor there with regards to this noted anomaly. I think it is a case of AP flagging this one episode incorrectly as a "movie" that results in AS downloading it to the configured movie landing zone (folder) instead of to what should be the TV episode folder configured in the Settings.
I think you are correct, it may be just a one-off thing with that episode. As I said I will look into it.

Hulu, which is what @RedFox 1 is using, doesn't have the issue that AP has for this content. I think this is an "apple" (Hulu) versus an "orange" (AP) situation. I also have found that some providers digress from the original episode sequencing in the original series' noted broadcast order. Sometimes, I have to manually fix all that on this end to correct it to match the original series' broadcast order.

But that's neither here nor there with regards to this noted anomaly. I think it is a case of AP flagging this one episode incorrectly as a "movie" that results in AS downloading it to the configured movie landing zone (folder) instead of to what should be the TV episode folder configured in the Settings.
Ah, I missed in the earlier post the Hulu mention... And yes, agree with you this is a tiny mis-categorization due to something int he metadata of an episode that makes AS think it's a movie. Easy enough to recover when it's one or two...

Back