• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved AP Gilligan's Island - Download Error on Some Episodes

donaf

I'm not sure if this is related to the AP problem noted in the banner. My apologies if it is, but it doesn't appear to me to match it per my experience.

Neither of these two Gilligan's Island: Season 1 (Episodes 2 & 31) on AP will download. For example, when I view the log in AS+ I can see the following noted per each "problem" episode:

00:00:46.196 - [Notice] [Mux Prime] Download process was aborted.
00:00:46.197 - [Notice] [Mux Prime] The file is not valid.

I've tried different audio streams and video formats. Even tried disabling subtitles. Nothing seems to work. I want to download in 1440x1080 video with 192kbps AAC-LC stereo audio and subtitles checked. All other episodes (34 of 36) in S1 download successfully using desired settings. Just the noted two will not download.

I first was running with AS+ 1.4.9.5. Then upgraded to beta 1.4.9.6. Same results with either version.:banghead:

Hoping the "A-Team" can figure this one out and provide a fix. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.6.astlog
    619.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have had a couple of AP hiccups myself where certain things give me errors. Normally trying again solves it but sometimes it does not. I have not posted about it because I assume it's part of the DRM stuff that is getting sorted. I am patient I can wait so it does not bug me (not saying it bugs you).

I have had a couple of AP hiccups myself where certain things give me errors. Normally trying again solves it but sometimes it does not. I have not posted about it because I assume it's part of the DRM stuff that is getting sorted. I am patient I can wait so it does not bug me (not saying it bugs you).

Thanks @DQ ! I figured I'd put this out there. Not sure if it is part of the issue they're currently dealing with or not. Seems to me like that problem is associated with newer titles and that you can download still in lower resolution. These are older titles and I can't even download in a lower resolutions I tried.

In any event, I'm confident they'll figure it out in due time, whether or not it is tied to the issue currently under investigation.

Thanks @DQ ! I figured I'd put this out there. Not sure if it is part of the issue they're currently dealing with or not. Seems to me like that problem is associated with newer titles and that you can download still in lower resolution. These are older titles and I can't even download in a lower resolutions I tried.

In any event, I'm confident they'll figure it out in due time, whether or not it is tied to the issue currently under investigation.

Sure thing man. Yeah from what I gather it is mostly new titles but new means new to the provider not just new in general. So you can still end up with older titles that have the issue because they were recently encoded.

Since posting this issue, I now am seeing an error message box pop-up in AS+ beta 1.4.9.6 from the server when an episode in Gilligan's Island doesn't download (found another in S2 Ep16) that says:

Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream.

Not sure if my post prompted this as I did NOT get this error message pop-up box before posting this thread. Previously, it was not apparent (to me anyway) as to whether or not my particular issue was already known or related to a pre-existing one, especially given I can't even download affected episodes at a low resolution.

I presume this must be the error message we will now get going forward if it is tied to the ongoing issue noted in the banner alert in this forum, correct?

Thanks!

Actually, yesterday (1/16/23) it started working but only for lower resolutions (like SD quality). No more errors or error messages. That happened with beta version 1.4.9.6.

Today, 1/17/23, I tried the version you shared of 1.4.9.7 and the results are the same as where things ended yesterday with 1.4.9.6 (as just described). It downloaded in lower resolution (not HD 1080P). In fact, it won't even show a 1080P video resolution in the drop-down. This also is the same behavior as that exhibited yesterday with the beta version 1.4.9.6.

Sorry I can't give a more favorable report on the beta version 1.4.9.7. Not sure if this was the behavior you were expecting (minus HD) or not, but there's no difference in my experience between this version and 1.4.9.6.

Just FYI, I encountered an inability to download HD in Hart To Hart S2 Ep19 as well...just passing along this added information in case it might help. Please let me know if you need me to do or try out something else.

Thanks a bunch for jumping on this so quickly. Appreciate your responsiveness to this situation. I know your team will figure this out (as always)!

:thankyou:

Last edited:
Actually, yesterday (1/16/23) it started working but only for lower resolutions (like SD quality). No more errors or error messages. That happened with beta version 1.4.9.6.

Today, 1/17/23, I tried the version you shared of 1.4.9.7 and the results are the same as where things ended yesterday with 1.4.9.6 (as just described). It downloaded in lower resolution HD (1080P). In fact, it won't even show a 1080P video resolution in the drop-down. This also is the same behavior as that exhibited yesterday with the beta version 1.4.9.6.

Sorry I can't give a more favorable report on the beta version 1.4.9.7. Not sure if this was the behavior you were expecting (minus HD) or not, but there's no difference in my experience between this version and 1.4.9.6.

Just FYI, I encountered an inability to download HD in Hart To Hart S2 Ep19 as well...just passing along this added information in case it might help. Please let me know if you need me to do or try out something else.

Thanks a bunch for jumping on this so quickly. Appreciate your responsiveness to this situation. I know your team will figure this out (as always)!

:thankyou:
Well fancy that, some smart man must have come down from the sky and fixed our program. I say my prayers every night and sometimes they are answered.:whistle:;)

I presume that there was no expectation of HD quality here with this 1.4.9.7 update.... Just that I could get past the errors to at least get a lower resolution version of the episode? Given it was working yesterday for lower resolutions than HD with 1.4.9.6, I was thinking you fixed something server side then and now you were giving me a new beta version to get me to full HD ( :confused:...sigh). However, I'll take the good with the bad knowing you guys will get this hit-and-miss HD issue figured out eventually. Fortunately, the issue only hits a very small percentage of total downloads, so I'm counting my blessings.

Thanks again!

inability to download HD in Hart To Hart S2 Ep19
There will always be an episode or maybe even a few that will not catch the HD key the first time, but we will fix it, please do not worry, HarttoHart was not a big screen blockbuster, it will always be watchable.;) Plus we will fix it when time allows.

I'm not sure if this is related to the AP problem noted in the banner. My apologies if it is, but it doesn't appear to me to match it per my experience.

Neither of these two Gilligan's Island: Season 1 (Episodes 2 & 31) on AP will download. For example, when I view the log in AS+ I can see the following noted per each "problem" episode:

"Since posting this issue, I now am seeing an error message box pop-up in AS+ beta 1.4.9.6 from the server when an episode in Gilligan's Island doesn't download (found another in S2 Ep16)"

Having downloaded the entire 3 seasons within the past 6 months, I will say that I had no problems with the episodes you listed (bolded and green above). Was able to get them in full 1080p like all the others. Just an FYI in case you were wondering if those particular episodes were locked into a lesser quality.

Issue with selected Gilligan's Island episodes (in AP) not downloading in 1080P are now downloading w/o issue! :thankyou::dance:

I wasn't aware this TV series was available in HD. Tempted to purchase Season 1. How does it look? Also, was the original aspect ratio maintained, i.e. 1.33:1 (4:3)? If so, the HD resolution for this should be 1440x1080. Well, if black bars are included to the left and right of the presentation it would be 1440x1080 matted to 1920x1080. :whistle:

Last edited:
I wasn't aware this TV series was available in HD. Tempted to purchase Season 1. How does it look? Also, was the original aspect ratio maintained, i.e. 1.33:1 (4:3)? If so, the HD resolution for this should be 1440x1080. Well, if black bars are included to the left and right of the presentation it would be 1440x1080 matted to 1920x1080. :whistle:

All three seasons look great (1440x1080). They were originally $24.99 per season on AP. Then about mid-January they dropped to $9.99 per season. I snatched all three up considering it a steal. Not sure if the $9.99/season pricing is still available though. If not, I'd add them to my watchlist and periodically check on the pricing. That's what I did and it paid off.

All three seasons look great (1440x1080). They were originally $24.99 per season on AP. Then about mid-January they dropped to $9.99 per season. I snatched all three up considering it a steal. Not sure if the $9.99/season pricing is still available though. If not, I'd add them to my watchlist and periodically check on the pricing. That's what I did and it paid off.
Thanks for the feedback and yes, still $9.99 per season at present. Well, at Amazon.com. Not sure about other regions.

I'm tempted to purchase the entire 3 seasons, despite the fact that I already own the DVD set.

I have them all in 1080p quality via ITunes
And iTunes is offering the complete series for $24.99 at present. An even better deal for those looking to pick this up. That being said, I author all the content I download to Blu-ray. The file sizes for iTunes content is a fraction of what you'll find for the same content acquired via AmazonPrime. Better quality audio for AmazonPrime downloads as well. Always prefer to hedge my bets so, especially considering the fact I watch everything projected at 150" diagonal. For $5 more the AmazonPrime streams would be the way to go in my case though I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the Apple iTunes offering if that was my only option.

(For iTunes purchases I use an application called DRmare M4V Converter. Been using it for many years now. With DRmare M4V Converter you have to download the given content first via the iTunes application, then closing the application. You then launch the DRmare M4V Converter application. It in turn launchs your iTunes application scanning for what content you've downloaded locally. Within DRmare M4V Converter you're then able to browse and select from said content having the application create DRM free versions of the files in your preferred format. Just like AnyStream, there's zero screen recording involved. You do need to keep the iTunes application running during the process though. Creating a DRM free version of a given file happens very quickly and retains the original quality. Excellent application for those looking for an AnyStream type solution for iTunes content.)

Last edited:
Back