• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question AnyStream under MacOS needs "Chromium Safe Storage"-access to use Amazon

GreatL

Why does AnyStream want to use my "Chromium Safe Storage" when I try to access Amazon under MacOS?
Why doesn't it just keep me logged in without it? When I deny it, I have to login every time I want to use the Amazon module/feature, while the Netflix and Disney+ modules/features don't need that.
Can you tell me why and - if possible - how to deactivate this?

amazon.png

Go into the settings and change where your files are stored.

Go into the settings and change where your files are stored.
Which settings and which files do you mean?
AnyStream doesn't seem to have a setting where I can specify where to store credentials or cache files.
I can only specify where it stores the downloaded video files.

Look in the upper left-hand corner of the AS GUI, you will see the word FILE. Click it and you will see settings, look through the tabs. You cannot store credentials in AS or cache.

The "File"-menu does only have two options:
"Show log messages"
"Create log file"

The "AnyStream"-menu does have a settings tab, but I couldn't find a setting to change where credentials or (browser-)cache files are stored.

The "File"-menu does only have two options:
"Show log messages"
"Create log file"

The "AnyStream"-menu does have a settings tab, but I couldn't find a setting to change where credentials or (browser-)cache files are stored.
It doesn't and the MacOS version has been out for months and I have never seen this issue, what version of The Mac OS are you running?

I use AnyStream 1.6.3.0 and MacOS "Ventura" 13.5.
I started to have the problem a few versions back and it persisted troughout all version since.

I use AnyStream 1.6.3.0 and MacOS "Ventura" 13.5.
I started to have the problem a few versions back and it persisted troughout all version since.
I dont use a Mac. Ventura 13.5.1 is the latest, and I have no idea why you are having issues. Just enter what they ask and see if AS runs properly.

If this is unwanted behaviour, can you tell me where AnyStream stores it's settings and cache files by default under MacOS? Maybe if I wipe them clean, this goes away.

If this is unwanted behaviour, can you tell me where AnyStream stores it's settings and cache files by default under MacOS? Maybe if I wipe them clean, this goes away.
I have no idea in MacOS, only Windows, you will have to wait for a Mac User or the developer. Why is it unwanted behavior? Just enter what they ask. Thats an AnyStream Popup

Did you try to enter your (Apple user) password and hit the button "Always allow" like shown in your screenshot?

Why does AnyStream want to use my "Chromium Safe Storage" when I try to access Amazon under MacOS?
Some additional information:

the reason for this happening, is that AnyStream's integrated browser wants to store session related data in a secure storage on your Mac.
Because AnyStream is not available from the Apple Store, MacOS penalizes this by prompting you to allow this again and again.
If you don't allow it, you'll have to log in again - sure, that's the whole point of that prompt.

The "Chromium Safe Storage" in this case is AnyStream's own storage (the integrated browser is "Chromium" - not the same thing as "Chrome", btw.).
So why would you not allow it...

I will check if it is possible for AnyStream, not to use this safe storage mechanism. This will require you to log in once more then and the message should go away.
And AnyStream will no longer be using the "safe storage", but that feature is pretty much smoke and mirrors anyway.

the reason for this happening, is that AnyStream's integrated browser wants to store session related data in a secure storage on your Mac.
Because AnyStream is not available from the Apple Store, MacOS penalizes this by prompting you to allow this again and again.
If you don't allow it, you'll have to log in again - sure, that's the whole point of that prompt.

The "Chromium Safe Storage" in this case is AnyStream's own storage (the integrated browser is "Chromium" - not the same thing as "Chrome", btw.).

I will check if it is possible for AnyStream, not to use this safe storage mechanism. This will require you to log in once more then and the message should go away.
And AnyStream will no longer be using the "safe storage", but that feature is pretty much smoke and mirrors anyway.
Alternately, perhaps it could be renamed "AnyStream Safe Storage" so it is less confusing to the user?

Thank you for this explanation. I would agree with @Wowfunhappy that renaming it to something like "AnyStream Safe Storage" - if possible - would be less confusing for the user.

Thank you in any case for this amazing software. :)

I guess renaming will not be possible, since Chromium is requesting access to Safe Storage - and not AnyStream.

Alternately, perhaps it could be renamed "AnyStream Safe Storage" so it is less confusing to the user?
As Ivan said, it's not possible.
But... you shouldn't be getting this message anymore with the latest versions, can you confirm that?

As Ivan said, it's not possible.
But... you shouldn't be getting this message anymore with the latest versions, can you confirm that?
Yes, I can confirm that the message is gone as of 1.6.5.0. Thank you very much :)

The only problem that remains for me is that I have to do the logout-close-open-login for Netflix every time I want to use it with AnyStream to get 1080p. If I understand the post here correctly I should have to do this only once, right?
Is there a way to do a clean-install of AnyStream (wipe the configs/cache/etc)? I'm beginning to think something is wrong with my installation...

Regardless, thank you very much for your help and this great software!

Back