• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream 1.2.8.4 Issues

I understand the frustration. I feel it too. But we only have 2 options. Wait for a fix and be ticked off or wait for a fix and be patient. Just better to save yourself the stress in my summation as being angry about it accomplishes nothing.
I completely agree. If there's anything that any of the devs need, feel free to reach out to me and I'll give it a shot.

I just installed and tried 1.2.8.4. And I am ticked off! That "useless" piece of software refused to make me sandwich or get me a beer! I want a refund! Sorry, it's an attempt at humor, I could not help myself. I hope it made someone at least chuckle. We all just need to continue to have patients as I think a new version shows movement in development which is a positive step.
It worked. I just chuckled. Thanks! I don’t agree that we just need to have patients though. :p
I understand the frustration. I feel it too. But we only have 2 options. Wait for a fix and be ticked off or wait for a fix and be patient. Just better to save yourself the stress in my summation as being angry about it accomplishes nothing.
I'm not frustrated actually. I was misbehaving at your expense. :whistle: I was poking fun at your word usage, i.e. "We all just need to continue to have patients." Patients are people who go to see the doctor when they're sick. Patience is what you run out of when AnyStream is updated and things are still broke. :p The word "patient" on the other hand can mean both, i.e. "...the doctor's patient was very sick" or "...wait for a fix and be patient". I know, the English language can be a hot mess sometimes. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not frustrated actually. I was misbehaving at your expense. :whistle: I was poking fun at your word usage, i.e. "We all just need to continue to have patients." Patients are people who go to see the doctor when they're sick. Patience is what you run out of when AnyStream is updated and things are still broke. :p The word "patient" on the other hand can mean both, i.e. "...the doctor's patient was very sick" or "...wait for a fix and be patient". I know, the English language can be a hot mess sometimes. ;)

Well played sir! I fart in your general direction! :p

It's a sloth. Monkey is for their other product. And sloth is for Stream. ;)

lol, true.
Trying to not give that company too much credit (assuming people are too lazy to go looking) as I greatly prefer AS, but the fix has been slow to come compared to several others.

Got what I needed from them and refunded. AS however can keep my money.

lol, true.
Trying to not give that company too much credit (assuming people are too lazy to go looking) as I greatly prefer AS, but the fix has been slow to come compared to several others.

Got what I needed from them and refunded. AS however can keep my money.

I also prefer AS. I am only using the competitor because it has Discovery+ support. :)

Just as an experiment i went back to 1283 (which previously worked just fine for me), that one no longer produces video either. So this is in fact not directly a 1284 issue, but likely a video stream/ drm licensing issue.

Running AnyStream 1.2.8.4 (64-bit). Tried downloading the IMDb TV offering, "The Sweet Hereafter" via Amazon Prime just now. Received the below error. :(

"Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream. Initialization error. Check the log for details."

Log file attached. Looking forward to the AnyStream I know and love making a comeback. :love: Would be nice to get some use out of the program before my 1-year license expires in February. (y)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.4_The_Sweet_Hereafter.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I agree Lowpro, the devs are working very hard, I know you believe that, just remember a few small steps equal one large one. ;)

Any Stream Plus 1284 Downloads & Failures

Attachments

• Any Stream Plus 1284 Downloads 1-6-22.png
    Any Stream Plus 1284 Downloads 1-6-22.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • prime-Abbott & Costello In The Movies - Trailers, Bloopers, & Film Scenes.astlog
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • prime-Hey, Abbott!.astlog
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • prime-Departure_S01E01_Vanished.astlog
    273.9 KB · Views: 1
  • prime-Departure_S01E02_Survivor.astlog
    177.6 KB · Views: 0
  • prime-Departure_S01E03_Prime Suspect.astlog
    173.6 KB · Views: 0
Running AnyStream 1.2.8.4 (64-bit). Tried downloading the IMDb TV offering, "The Sweet Hereafter" via Amazon Prime just now. Received the below error. :(

"Sorry, but we are currently unable to decrypt this stream. Initialization error. Check the log for details."

Log file attached. Looking forward to the AnyStream I know and love making a comeback. :love: Would be nice to get some use out of the program before my 1-year license expires in February. (y)

Well AnyStream 1.2.9.0 (64-bit) is a step forward. It was able to decrypt and download the stream, but it wasn't available at 1920x800, i.e. 2.40:1. :( (And yes, I do know AnyStream 1.2.9.0 doesn't support 1080p for AP or Netflix.) The highest resolution available was 960x400, so I just deleted the MP4 after confirming the audio and video were clean from start to finish which was the case. I watch all my content projected at 150" diagonal, so I've got no interest in SD video. Figured I'd download the stream as a test. Baby steps I guess. Looking forward to the next AnyStream update.

Back