• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream 1.1.0.2 Incomplete Netflix subtitles

well i discover the problem with missing subtitles or not :ROFLMAO: when download with AS all good subtitle are complete, but for personal use i allways change the file to ANSI no problem huntill here, when i open the .srt with subtitle workshop, alot of lines dissapear, if open with subtitle edit all lines are ok, make some changes and save give and strange warning, press ok and no problem subtitle work perfect now, can open with subtitle workshop and no lines dissapear... it seems that certain lines are not encoded correctly.

Check, open the subtitle with note pad 1371 lines and next with subtitle workshop 1150 lines alot dissapear, open with subtitle edit and only save dont make any change, next open with subtitle workshop not lines dissapear fucking strange hope you can discover the problem :thankyou:
Aha, that explains the problem I was seeing! I was feeling a little embarrassed that it seemed to only be me.

Thank you for the detective work!

i discover the problem read my description not hard... AS download full subtitles but some lines are corrupted or something and subtitle workshop cant handle directly delete them.

yeah. i can confirm this. i turned everything off in subtitle workshop except 'over two lines' and 'HI'. since many providers and such do a terrible job with subtitles, id like to run each subtitle file through SW to fix at least subs that have a ton of lines... well, over two lines. and when i do that, SW often deletes the entire line. i thought must be some sort of a bug with SW on win10, since this never happens on win7. but now i see that 4lfred says subs that we get from AS might be the culprit, some sort of incompatiblity. although i dunno hows that possible, they look pretty standard to me. no embedded code or nothing. weird. will try correcting some of the subs from AS over on win7, just to rule out SW incompatibility with win10 since SW was last updated in 2013 IIRC. and yeah, compatibility mode does nothing, neither does 'run as admin'.

Well and it's also not just subtitle workshop, because I was running into the issue with ffmpeg.

It must have to do with text encoding--unicode, newlines, stuff like that.

I transcode all AS downloads to HEVC using ffmpeg and never once noticed any issues with embedded subtitles. Never any missing lines or runons, and other than a few misspelled/misused words, it has always been exactly what I expect to see on screen. I watch every movie with subtitles since years of guitar playing has not done me any favors in that dept. I have certainly had subtitle issues of sorts before with ffmpeg, usually trying to add SRT/ASS to a file from an external source, but that's precisely one of the things I like most about AS, it has never given me any issues with subs, which I rely on heavily. Real time saver.

The encoding certainly makes sense if you were on a system that defaults to ANSI and AS is saving subtitles to an external file in UTF or vice versa, etc

The encoding certainly makes sense if you were on a system that defaults to ANSI and AS is saving subtitles to an external file in UTF or vice versa, etc

If dont change the encoding system no issues, i can read the UTF subtitle in subtitle edit, no missing lines, no problem at least i discover the problem and how solve, normally only open the srt with note pad and change to ansi, now have open with subtitle edit save fix the "error" and change to ansi no missing lines :D

can confirm that AS is likely fetching complete subtitles, but subtitle workshop deletes some lines without any apparent reason. this happens on both win10 and win7. thought twas a bug maybe on win10, but now i see SW does the same on win7. this never happens with subs from opensubtitles or podnapisi, so im leaning towards previously suggested reason that .srt files that AS fetches are incompatible with SW. which is weird since subtitles we get via AS look like your regular, normal .srt files. no embedded code or anything out of the ordinary. therefore, i cant use SW for even minor error corrections (like correcting over two lines or removing hering impaired) because SW will delete lines indiscriminately. btw, whats all that about UTF and ANSI? whats the procedure for all of that to not have SW delete lines when error correcting? thanks!

edit: trying subtitle edit and it seems its doing fine, fixes errors and doesnt delete lines. only downside removing HI is not included in fix errors option, but its a separate one. oh, well. now onto redownloading 100 subtitles, deleting old, renaming and fixing new ones, lol.

Last edited:
@zanetti Could you provide a sample? I mean a correct srt file and the SW-processed counterpart?

why, yes i can.

sub1 (the default) was downloaded via AS, not the greasemonkey script for amazon prime video. sub1 is directly from AS, no changes or corrections.
sub2 is sub1 after only 'over two lines' and HI correction in SW on win7.
sub3 is sub1 after running it through SE (subtitle edit) on win10 and fixing a bunch of stuff (including 'over two lines' and HI).

there are five missing lines in sub2 after 00:11:58,959 and before 00:12:10,792. in sub1 that would be after line 120 and before line 126. since sub2 was ran through SW and it corrected a bunch of HI lines, the missing lines are now after line 94 and, well lol, before line 95. timestamps are the same as mentioned before. and finally sub3 is after running sub1 through SE, and the missing lines in sub2 are not missing here. since SE, unlike SW, didnt delete any of the prior lines (except HI ones), time stamps can now be found at line 109 in sub3. hopefully i explained it correctly and didnt confuse you, lol. thanks! cheers.

oh, and btw. .srt extension is not allowed. i tried removing .srt and uploading that, but thats a no go too. so i renamed back to .srt and put them in a .rar file. hopefully no damage has been done to the files, regarding charset or whatever. if need be, ill redo everything. but i think all is well. since i cant find a reason why would SW delete any lines whatsoever since .srt i get from AS is as plain vanilla as it gets.

Attachments

• subs.rar
    62.6 KB · Views: 3
I can't see any reason for those lines to be removed. Could you please, just for the fun of it, run sub3 through SW and see whether any lines are being removed there too?

I can't see any reason for those lines to be removed. Could you please, just for the fun of it, run sub3 through SW and see whether any lines are being removed there too?

yup, np. just did and nohting was removed from sub3. whats even weirder is that those 5 missing lines in sub2 werent even over two lines in sub1. one line was HI, but why would SW remove five lines because of one HI line? im puzzled. btw, dont worry, i didnt think youve meant anything else, saul good. cheers!

Attachments

• sub4.rar
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
just a quick update. thought that subedit wasnt deleting lines, but it seems subedit is also deleting lines. i still dont have a clue how is that even possible since srt files we get from AS are as plain as they get. anyone else having same problems? ideas? anything? thanks. cheers!

EDIT: good news, false alarm. bad news, prime has seriously shoddy subtitles, more than disney and netflix combined.

Last edited:
Back