• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone got it 100% ?

Good. Your TV will play the new 50i set of Planet Earth Blu-ray fine.

Yes, but im not going to buy another one.
And it works fine in PDVD, not 100% but good enough.
Maybe i upgrade the CPU next year.
Any suggestions for 775 socket?

Sorry if i go off topic.
I just trying to learn, maybe someother also learn something.
But USA NTCS 120V 60Hz.
Europe PAL 230V 50hz.
50Hz and 60Hz is our regular TV Broadcast and the DVD we watch in our
country without problem.
PAL-NTSC.

Buy an stationar Blue Ray player to your Tv.
No problem.
The Blue Ray player have an "own" sync generator.
Dedicated hardware and software-no problem.

Buy an Blue Ray player to your computer.
Then you have sync problem, beucause CPU, GPU have their own sync
generator?

The we have the frames...

PAL 25 frames FPS=Frames per second
NTSC 30 frames.

But with our voltage/Hz its shown double frames?

25 frames=50HZ 50frames?

NTSC=60frames?

So, what have this to do with Blue Ray?
Or PAL?
What is 24p then?
Why is my LCD TV 24p ready?
In PAL country?
What i have understand is that NTSC not having the 3:2 pulldown problem.
And we have.
Thats why my LCD TV have 5:5 pulldown?
I'll be honest I am not really sure what questions you are asking here! There are a lot of question marks.

On DVD:

- PAL DVDs are all 50i but for movies this can be converted into 25p (weave) and "frame doubled" (2:2 pulldown). All movies are sped up from their original 24fps (film). The movie runs slightly (~4%) shorter and for almost all movies the pitch of the audio is also raised as a consequence.

- NTSC DVDs are 60i (actually 59.94Hz). As it is not possible to fit 24fps into 60 an exact number of times, even with any sensible speed up or slow down it is NTSC displays that use 3:2 pulldown.

- So NTSC, not PAL, suffer 3:2 pulldown judder. PAL DVDs have perfectly smooth (allowing for the relatively slow frame rate of film) playback of movies but suffer from a slight speed up and raised audio pitch.

For Blu-ray:

- the whole world standardised on storing 24p (normally 23.976fps, for NTSC compatibility) on disc for movies. This can be output as either 24p or 60i (59.94Hz).

- Almost all PAL HDTVs also support 59.94Hz, so they are able to play Blu-ray, but with 3:2 pulldown judder, just as with NTSC DVDs in the USA. As PAL people are not used to 3:2 pulldown judder they generally find it more noticeable and annoying than those from NTSC countries (the converse is true for PAL speedup).

- Some HDTVs also support 24p input. However, there is no standard for describing 24p "compatibility". Some TVs support 24p input, but internally convert it to 60i, which is next to useless. To truly benefit from 24p input the TV must be able to playback at a simple multiple of 23.976Hz, eg. "120Hz" (actually 119.88Hz) or 5:5 pulldown.

- Some recent TVs can also "interpolate" frames to make things "smoother". There is much debate whether this is truly better, particularly for movies. Most movie buffs would say it is not and instead makes movies look like TV sitcoms!

- if your TV supports 5:5 pulldown and a 120hz refresh rate your 24p mode should work properly and you just need to get your PC doing the right thing, but if you have any doubts it is worth checking.

Getting things right on a PC is trickier than with a stand-alone box, it is true. there are several reasons:

- PCs have multiple internal clocks, as you mention. Disagreement between them over the life of movie can lead to judder and that is one of the main things Reclock is there to fix.

- PCs can alter their refresh rate. Many people, for example, will set their PC to "60Hz", but "60Hz" on a PC is not the same as "60Hz" on a TV. 60Hz on a PC is really 60Hz. PC monitors, that never had to be NTSC compatible, run at a true 60hz. TVs run @59.94Hz. A PC needs to be set to "59Hz", which is actually 59.94Hz, for TV compatibility.

There is one further problem, though, that is caused by the new digital technology and affects both PCs and stand-alones. Old analogue TVs were able to "sync to source". They would adjust their refresh rate dynamically according to the incoming frame rate. Modern digital TVs cannot do this. They have a fixed refresh rate defined by their oscillators and they need the source to very precisely supply frames at that rate, or a compatible rate, or they will judder. Again, Reclock can help to ensure that a PC is supplying precisely the right rate. This is typically not the case without it. It is very close, but not close enough to avoid a few frames dropped or repeated during the course of a movie.

Last edited:
Yes, but im not going to buy another one.
And it works fine in PDVD, not 100% but good enough.
Maybe i upgrade the CPU next year.
Any suggestions for 775 socket?
The GPU is a better, easier and much cheaper, upgrade for an HTPC. It will help both MPC and PDVD. $60-$70 should do it.

PDVD may also be better if you use Reclock with Reclock vsync correction,althoug some movies will most probably still suffer without full bitstream decoding.

Last edited:
I'll be honest I am not really sure what questions you are asking here! There are a lot of question marks.

I think you answered mostly of my questions.
Good wiki!
Very nice!
:clap:
:)

What cheap grafik card can you recomend that can play Blue Ray?

Just about any card now can play blu-ray movies effortlessly. You can't really go wrong. Some entry level cards can do a less than perfect job with interlaced material, typically TV non-drama, concerts etc. Personally I like ATI, so might go for a 55xx or 56xx (actually I have a 5750 but the others are fine for video playback), but the Nvidia equivalents are probably fine too. My only caveat is a poor review of the 430s de-interlacing performance that may or may not be fixable by a driver update.

Hi,

I don't know if this is the appropiate thread for this, but here goes nothing:

I have a brand new HTPC based on an Intel processor, a Radeon HD5570 graphic card, Windows 7 32 (with Media Center), and TMT3.

I play Blu Rays with a DLP projector which admits 23,976 Hz, so that is my default desktop resolution: 1080p@23. After weeks struggling with very slight (but frequent) stutter problems, I found Reclock and thought all my problems were solved. And it is true that most of them are gone, and now I can play Blu Rays smoothly.

BUT now and then (once per hour or so), I have a severe glitch: the audio stops for 1-2 seconds, video seems to slow down and then speed up, and after those 2 seconds audio returns and everything is fine. The problem is that the glitch is so rare that when I change something in Reclock configuration it is difficult to know if the situation has improved or not.

Questions:

-How can I disable media speed correction, to eliminate one possible conflict source? I don't need it because my projector adapts to every frequency, but I can't find any option to disable it via the config interface. If I do it via the Reclock information window once the movie is running, VSYNC gets disabled. I use LPCM, not bitstream.

-I have VSYNC enabled but it seems that it doesn't work well with hardware acceleration. I am not sure because I can't do the graphic test, but a couple of times I have observed again stuttering problems with Reclock and DXVA, never without DXVA (except for the aforementioned glitch). Does this make any sense?

-It seems according to the information window that Reclock does less audio/clock corrections switching to 24Hz than at 23,976Hz. Why is this? Shouldn't 23,976 be better, since it is the original Blu Ray speed?

-Would it help to debug my problem to turn on logging, or this would slow down my system?

-Would it help to use DSound instead of WASAPI, or Aero mode (with the TMT patch), or DXVA? There are so many variables to test that I would not want to start blindly changing things...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Anyway, what a great thing is Reclock. It is difficult tu understand why commercial players like TMT don't include this functionality. Do they expect their users to watch stuttering movies??

Last edited:
Back