• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone got it 100% ?

Your screen isn't set to exactly 23.976Hz. You can try get it perfect, or use ReClock to speed up/slow down the video (frame rate set to auto and audio not set to slave).

I had a feeling this might be the reason.

My HD5450 has gone dead and I'm back using my HDAV slim so I'm not currently using reclock due to having to use the arcsoft renderer to achieve HD audio.

I'll have a play.

Cheers Namaiki!

I must say... I really do not understand this HD audio fad.

Hi to everyone!
Just trying to figure out if i really need reclock..
My setup is windows 7 64bit,aero on,mpc-hc with evr sync(just yesterday switched from evr-cp),ffdshow with avisynth script in order to interpolate 23,976->60fps,bitstreaming to my avr,display at @60hz..
With evr-cp i couldn't achieve a really flat red line(ctr+j) no matter if i choosed alt.sync-accurate sync...I tried evr-sync yesterday and red line is completely flat....
I choose "sync video to display" with a target of 13ms and an offset of 1ms...After a 1 and half hour movie i had 0 dropped frames and 169 sync glitches..(many of them caused from toggling fullscreen on/off)....The green line isn't flat but it's parralell....
What exactly does green line indicates in simple words?Should it be really flat for a super smooth playback?
The problem is i have skipping forward issues which i never had with evr-cp..3/5 times when i skip forward sound doesn't lock..i have picture but sound is stuck...
If we forget the skipping issue,do you think reclock will offer me even smoother playback?
Thanks!

Attachments

• mpc-hc stats.jpg
    mpc-hc stats.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 8
Just an update after several MORE weeks of looking for the holy grail since starting this thread.

I have since then replaced my atom+ion solution with a H57/core i3 setup, which has solved the instability issues I had with mpc-hc. So I guess that was because it's on the borderline of what an atom+ion can do.

For now, it seems this configuration is pretty much perfect:

MPC-HC
Aero on (to avoid exclusive mode and eliminate tearing)
EVR Sync renderer with all 3 sync options off (to allow reclock to control vsync)
Reclock vsync correction on, with the slider bar set correctly

With zoomplayer, the best option seems to be Aero+VMR9+Reclock vsync. You cannot have EVR and reclock vsync in ZP without exclusive mode.

8)

-jeffboy

Glad you have it all working as you want.

As you know we are doing close to the same thing. I use the same settings except I use exclusive mode instead of "aero on", which I believe gives a bit of extra protection against scheduling delays etc., but I agree that should work pretty well :)

Hi all!
I have been struggeling with MPC for days now without luck.
There is a scen in Planet Earth when they fly over Grand Canyon wich seemed
impossible to get judder free, but when i tried PowerDVD and reclock everything
is smooth!
Well almost, not 100%, a little drop out sometimes but compared to MPC its VERY good!
I have Nvidia Geforce 8600GT, not sure if its to good for this purpose.
Resolution 1920@1080 24Hz.

Here is media info from PowerDVD with the Planet Earth Blue Ray if its any
help for someone.

Display information:
Video mode: Progressive
Display mode: DirectShow
FourCC code: NV12
Surface type: Hardware Video Accelerator (DxVA)

Primary video attributes:
Video compression mode: VC1 (DxVA on)
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Source picture resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate: 23.00
Bitrate: 17.35Mbps

Primary audio attributes:
Primary audio attributes: Dolby Digital
Sampling rate: 48kHz
Number of audio channels:5.1
Bitrate: 448 Kbps

Hardware Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ running at 2196 MHz
3DNow! technology: Not Detected
Enhanced 3DNow! technology: Not Detected
3DNow! professional technology: Not Detected
IA MMX technology: In Use
IA sStreaming SIMD extensions: In Use
IA SSE 2: In Use
Video accelerator: DirectX VA (in use)
Multispeaker audio device: Not Detected
S/PDIF output device: Not Detected

Planet Earth is excellent for judder tests!!! Any unevenness will destroy those smooth slow flyover shots!

This seems to be the best config at the moment - try this:

Windows Aero on
Reclock vsync correction on
MPC-HC (use latest from the site you find when you google "mpc-hc .ru")
use video renderer EVR-Sync, but turn of all three sync options in the settings!

and of course set your refresh rate to match your display - are y ou sure your TV is running 24hz?

Thanks Jeff!
I tried your config but it not working.
It stops and starts and is not fluid at all.
I love to get MPC working but its millions of things to
configure and not an easy task.
Yes i run my LCD at 24Hz.
I did a screen shot of the statistics when it stopped again.

MPCJudder.jpg

If you move the Reclock vsync position/slider a little (you can do this using keyboard shortcuts) you should find that horrible graph goes away. You should get a flat red line and a slightly wavy green line, without any big jumps. Then you should find the position of the green line and the "av. sync offset" figure varies as you move the Reclock vsync position. Move it until there is no judder. It may take a little experimentation, but I would first try an "av. sync offset" of around 35ms (but with a stable only slightly wavering green line).

If you get it right the same setting should also perfect PDVD Blu-ray playback. However, if you are using Reclock vsync correction you must not use PDVD for anything but Blu-ray disc mode playback. In all other modes of playback Reclock vsync correction will make PDVD worse. (Incidentally, with TMT you can use Reclcok vsync correction to improve both Blu-ray and DVD disc mode playback).

Note: it can take 30 secs or so to get to a stable position. If you see a second or so of "jumps" in the first 30 secs or so of playback don't worry that is to be expected; It is a limitation of the method Reclock needs to use for vsync correction. However, after a brief burst of judder maybe one time in 5, all will be butter smooth!

Last edited:
Thanks Jong, it seems that you are on right track but my biggest problem
now its that the video freeze now and then, mostly with complex scenes
like the close up of the streaming water.
It continues to run with sound for several minutes before
the picture jumps in again.
Any tip?

Your video card does not support bitstream decoding of VC-1, only decode assist. The MPC hardware accelerated decoder only works in bitstream mode, so it means your CPU is having to do all the work and your CPU running @2.2Ghz is really unlikely to be up to the job.

My only suggestion is to upgrade to just about any current generation GPU. To be safe (mainly for interlaced material) I would generally suggest going a step up from the entry level cards. If you like Nvidia then the GT430 should do it, but early drivers seemed poor. Don't know if this has been fixed. I personally have liked AMD cards for HTPCs for some years; A 55xx card would be a good choice.

Thanks, that explain why it works so good with PDVD.
I suppose its the purevideo who does the job.
To bad i have to live with this CPU and GPU for a while more.
:(

Your CPU would most likely be fine with a modern GPU and even entry level discrete GPUs are fine for most, if not always all HD, video now. It does not have to be an expensive upgrade. But I understand if it is not possible.

Hi all!
I have been struggeling with MPC for days now without luck.
There is a scen in Planet Earth when they fly over Grand Canyon wich seemed
impossible to get judder free, but when i tried PowerDVD and reclock everything
is smooth!
Well almost, not 100%, a little drop out sometimes but compared to MPC its VERY good!
I have Nvidia Geforce 8600GT, not sure if its to good for this purpose.
Resolution 1920@1080 24Hz.

Here is media info from PowerDVD with the Planet Earth Blue Ray if its any
help for someone.

Primary video attributes:
Video compression mode: VC1 (DxVA on)
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Source picture resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate: 23.00
Bitrate: 17.35Mbps

You may want to consider getting the new 50i set if your TV supports 50p.

You may want to consider getting the new 50i set if your TV supports 50p.
Dont understand?
New TV that supports 50i?
My TV supports interlaced.
But Blue Ray is only progressive?

Dont understand?
New TV that supports 50i?
My TV supports interlaced.
But Blue Ray is only progressive?

BBC's raw materials are 25p/50i. The decision to master the first set of Planet Earth Blu-ray in 24p was not the best, the audio was probably messed up in the process, among other things. Recognising this, a new set was released recently with the correct 50i refresh rate.

Blu-ray specification does not support 25p, only 50i. So 25p material is mastered as 50i to conform to the standard. Set your TMT/PDVD to weave and you'll find that the material is actually progressive, assuming nothing silly was done by BBC.

Of course all these would not matter if your TV set doesn't supports 50i/p refresh rates.

Damn its hard to understand all video formats!
But, its harder to render 24p than 25p then?
I mean, PAL is 50Hz, my format, but i can set my TV to recieve 48Hz
and i have tried that with same problem.
But if it was 25p?

Code:
Blu-ray specification does not support 25p, only 50i.
So, where does the 24p came from?
I mean not only from the movies but the 23,996Hz that is some standard
to what?

:doh:

Most PAL TVs will crudely repeat frames if fed 48Hz. So then you get judder introduced by the TV that is impossible to fix. 48Hz, therefore, is not normally a good idea.

24p is not always handled properly by TVs either. Some convert to 60hz by doing their own 3:2 pulldown. Some just mess it up. If 24p does not work properly it needs to be tested with a known good source, like a PS3, to eliminate possible TV problems.

For PAL TV owners, if you can put up with "PAL speedup" that is present on just about every PAL DVD of a movie it is often simplest to speed up 24p to 25p, using Reclock, and use a 50hz refresh rate. It's pretty bullet proof.

Not sure what you are asking in your last question. 23.976Hz is the "NTSC friendly" version of the 24 frames per second that movies have been using almost (not quite) from the beginning. It is to allow 3:2 pulldown on NTSC TVs, which have always been 59.94Hz, although that is mostly "simplified" to 60Hz in tech specs.

Last edited:
Sorry if i go off topic.
I just trying to learn, maybe someother also learn something.
But USA NTCS 120V 60Hz.
Europe PAL 230V 50hz.
50Hz and 60Hz is our regular TV Broadcast and the DVD we watch in our
country without problem.
PAL-NTSC.

Buy an stationar Blue Ray player to your Tv.
No problem.
The Blue Ray player have an "own" sync generator.
Dedicated hardware and software-no problem.

Buy an Blue Ray player to your computer.
Then you have sync problem, beucause CPU, GPU have their own sync
generator?

The we have the frames...

PAL 25 frames FPS=Frames per second
NTSC 30 frames.

But with our voltage/Hz its shown double frames?

25 frames=50HZ 50frames?

NTSC=60frames?

Not sure what you are asking in your last question. 23.976Hz is the "NTSC friendly" version of the 24 frames per second that movies have been using almost (not quite) from the beginning. It is to allow 3:2 pulldown on NTSC TVs, which have always been 59.94Hz, although that is mostly "simplified" to 60Hz in tech specs.

So, what have this to do with Blue Ray?
Or PAL?
What is 24p then?
Why is my LCD TV 24p ready?
In PAL country?
What i have understand is that NTSC not having the 3:2 pulldown problem.
And we have.
Thats why my LCD TV have 5:5 pulldown?

Last edited:
Back