• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone attempt to convert the Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey?

jim2664258

I keep receiving an error on Disc 2, Episode 2 of the Cosmos series on blu ray trying to convert it to MP4. I submitted a log report but I was curious if anyone else had success or the same failure. It was a transcoder error and I believe it occurred in the same place every time (tried 3 times).

This is the series in case there is any confusion as to which 'Cosmos' I am talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Spacet...ie=UTF8&qid=1429099181&sr=8-1&keywords=cosmos

I keep receiving an error on Disc 2, Episode 2 of the Cosmos series on blu ray trying to convert it to MP4. I submitted a log report but I was curious if anyone else had success or the same failure. It was a transcoder error and I believe it occurred in the same place every time (tried 3 times).

This is the series in case there is any confusion as to which 'Cosmos' I am talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Spacet...ie=UTF8&qid=1429099181&sr=8-1&keywords=cosmos
Did you submit a log file?

How do I get updates on my particular issue? I submit a log file but I get no communication after that. Latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneBD still yield this problem.

Just submit a new log. Elby don't tend to reply to each individual log, but if you keep sending in a new log with each build they will know it needs fixing.

Are you encoding direct from the disc or from an ISO? If from the disc try ripping the disc to the hard-drive just to ensure that the disc isn't having a read error at that point.

How do I get updates on my particular issue? I submit a log file but I get no communication after that. Latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneBD still yield this problem.

Did you not read their auto email reply when you submitted the CloneBD error log? If not here's the read...

Please note that all submitted bug reports are processed automatically
and you will not receive a personal reply from a developer (unless
he needs further information). You will be informed by email when
your ticket is getting closed (usually with release of a new version).

Just submit a new log. Elby don't tend to reply to each individual log, but if you keep sending in a new log with each build they will know it needs fixing.

Are you encoding direct from the disc or from an ISO? If from the disc try ripping the disc to the hard-drive just to ensure that the disc isn't having a read error at that point.

I am encoding from disc, but I tried to rip to hard drive first and got the same problem. I think it is ridiculous to keep submitting logs, I'm not going to do that. They have a problem, I gave them what they needed, and it should be fixed.

No you need to keep submitting logs, because the data in the lots can change depending on what they do between versions. If you don't want to do that it's up to you, but don't expect a fix then since you'll be the one refusing to send in what they need to implement a final fix.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

No you need to keep submitting logs, because the data in the lots can change depending on what they do between versions. If you don't want to do that it's up to you, but don't expect a fix then since you'll be the one refusing to send in what they need to implement a final fix.

So fixes are only made on the most recent version of the software? Once a new version comes out everyone has to resubmit logs for a problem? Come on man.

So fixes are only made on the most recent version of the software? Once a new version comes out everyone has to resubmit logs for a problem? Come on man.
That's how trouble shooting normally works, new build comes out with fixes, you then run the disc through again and if it doesn't work you send in a new logfile

That's how trouble shooting normally works, new build comes out with fixes, you then run the disc through again and if it doesn't work you send in a new logfile

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. No software shop in the world operates like that. None worth a damn anyway.

Euhm, they all do. That's how they know what they did in the update version worked or not. It's up to you now, keep sending in logs from new versions or don't get it fixed potentially.

The programs are different. There are not perfect programs, all have bugs and needs updates. So don't compare with a car. If you want your problems to be fixed then coopare and help send logs and reporting them

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's got absolutely nothing to do with blackmail but simple logic. Your car analogy isn't even relevant. It's VERY NEW software, they add code to fix an issue. They need the reports to know if it works or if it doesn't, and if it doesn't the logfile will tell them why the attempted fix didn't work and will give them an idea what to try next. To stay in your car world, even those aren't perfect. Or have you forgotten about all the recent recalls that all had to do with new models because of problems with steering, ignition locks that even got people killed

Here's your choice. If you update to a new beta see if you're disc is fixed if the relevant ticket number isn't specifically mentioned in the changelog. If it is fixed all the better, if it isn't provide a new logfile from that beta. If you don't, week it's up to you to decide if you eventually want to see it fixed or not.

You just fail to see the complexity of it all. There is a LOT of variables in the BD standard, resolution, video codecs, audio codecs, subtitle tracks (forced or normal), java and non java menus,... Make your choice or build your own software really...

There are some problems that can clearly be identified and fixed.
Others require a lot of guessing, especially if they can't reproduce it in the "lab". Devs try to guess what caused an error, add a potential fix, see if the same problem turns up with the update and go back to the drawing board, if so.
That's why certain problems require log files being sent over a couple of times.

Who has that kind of time for endless troubleshooting?

Isn't that supposed to be Elaborate Bytes job! Why are we expected to spend endless hours fixing their product, which some of us already paid for?
Every time I try a full disc copy it takes about 3-hours (not even counting the rip to ISO by Any DVD HD, which takes about another hour)?
I am a senior citizen, with limited time and energy! 3-4 hours is a lot of time to make a back up of one movie, especially when your failure rate is about 80% for full disc copies.

I may not live long enough for this product to be worth what I paid for (lifetime License)? I certainly don't remember, going through any of these ordeals, with with other Elby or Slysoft products. And Yes, I send log files whenever the program allows me to create them.

Happy Mother's Day to All the Mom's

The problem seems to be caused by the second episode on the disc at around 30mins 35 seconds at a chapter point. It's video file 00801/playlist 851

Do Elby looks at logs posted here?

So you guys see fit to delete my posts yet let the chevron posts stay? Why are you protecting him? If you delete my posts then delete his condescending posts as well. He doesn't help at all. Fix the problem or not, I don't care anymore - thanks to chevron. Feel good now buddy? Is this the kind of thing you hope to achieve here? The fact they keep you on here tells me a lot.

Back