• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVDHD / Windows 7

No one's asked the obvious question yet so I'll do so now. SPTD...is that installed on this machine?

i did not knowingly install this on the machine. would it have been installed as part of something else?

Typically it's installed as part of Daemon Tools, but, other programs install it, too. You may want to get the SPTD installer and see if it finds it. That's the only way it can be uninstalled...with the stand alone installer.

Looks a like a bad / dirty disc / drive to me.

iaStorV.sys 01044000 0011e000

Some Intel storage driver which doesn't ship with Windows 7?

learning from my previous mistakes i actually checked that 1st before posting. the disc visually looks fine and i cleaned it during this process as well. to the best of my ability it's clean.

iastor is the intel matrix storage driver (mobo based raid card) which i need to perform the RAID functions for my SSD's. i've had this on my systems for the last 5 years with anydvd, so unless this is a win7 specific issue that is not "new" for my setup

Last edited:
new problem, after installing imgburn to test for sptd now anydnd is disabled for BD drive?

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive G:!
HL-DT-ST BD-REBE06LU10 YE05 00100308268ADG1846

i uninstalled imgburn and rebooted still says this. how do i fix that so i can continue testing?

learning from my previous mistakes i actually checked that 1st before posting. the disc visually looks fine and i a cleaned it during this process as well. to the best of my ability it's clean.

A disc looking fine/clean doesn't mean it's not defective. Even if the disc plays fine that doesn't mean it's not defective.

Nothing on Blu-ray discs stops them from being ripped--period.

I would remove the PxHlpa64 registry entry in your filter stack.

And at that point your options include exchanging this disc--or trying another drive/cable on the back of the drive.

Last edited:
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.4.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

From the AnyDVD logs:

PxHlpa64 (System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys), Version: 3.0.83.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp64
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows
FileVersion: 3.00.83a

The filter is still installed. According to the ImgBurn info the filter is in the stack but not present. According to the the AnyDVD logs you posted the filter is still there.

Using ImgBurn I would remove the entry for the filter:

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "PxHlpa64". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed the filters may no longer work properly. Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.

After rebooting create and post a new set of log files.

Typically it's installed as part of Daemon Tools, but, other programs install it, too. You may want to get the SPTD installer and see if it finds it. That's the only way it can be uninstalled...with the stand alone installer.

ok, just gave that a try doesn't look like it was installed see screen shot

Attachments

• sptd installer.png
    sptd installer.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 7
From the AnyDVD logs:

The filter is still installed. According to the ImgBurn info the filter is in the stack but not present. According to the the AnyDVD logs you posted the filter is still there.

is this an audio or video file driver? the only piece of software remaining made by sonic is roxio 2009 ultimate? i'm uninstalling that right now, logs on the way once it completes

is this an audio or video file driver? the only piece of software remaining made by sonic is roxio 2009 ultimate? i'm uninstalling that right now, logs on the way once it completes

It's possible the software installs the filter, as well. It's a filter involved with ripping/burning. Offhand the only program I am aware that installs it is Winamp Pro for ripping/burning CDs but it's possible Roxio 2009 installs it, as well, since Roxio is Sonic.

The only sure method to remove the entry is what Drinklyeanddie posted. Some installation programs are buggy.

From the AnyDVD logs:

Using ImgBurn I would remove the entry for the filter:

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "PxHlpa64". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed the filters may no longer work properly. Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.

houston, we have a problem.

i uninstalled roxio and rebooted. i then reinstalled anydvd 6.5.6.7 to see if it would fix the LG being disabled, it didn't.

i still get this error message in the status screen, see attached screen shot as well

Attachments

• disabled.jpg
    disabled.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
houston, we have a problem.

i uninstalled roxio and rebooted. i then reinstalled anydvd 6.5.6.7 to see if it would fix the LG being disabled, it didn't.

i still get this error message in the status screen, see attached screen shot as well

Copy and paste your filter stack with ImgBurn again, please. If one of those other optical drives is a DVD burner please place a normal disc in it and post logs files created from a normal DVD.

Copy and paste your filter stack with ImgBurn again, please. If one of those other optical drives is a DVD burner please place a normal disc in it and post logs files created from a normal DVD.

imgburn log:

Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64

File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.5.6.7
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.5.6.7
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.

removed filter as requested and rebooted (i wanted to test and see if the roxio uninstaller got it 1st, and needed to uninstall the entire stack anyways)

new log below:

Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.

File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

You need to remove that entry from your filter stack using imgburn. Then you need to reboot.

You can't have entries listed in your filter stack and have the corresponding driver file actually deleted from your hard drive. Your filter stack is corrupt.

Time to start following instructions.

Time to start following instructions.

from post above

"removed filter as requested and rebooted (i wanted to test and see if the roxio uninstaller got it 1st, and needed to uninstall the entire stack anyways)

new log below:

Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc."

from post above

"removed filter as requested and rebooted (i wanted to test and see if the roxio uninstaller got it 1st, and needed to uninstall the entire stack anyways)

And? Do you still see that error message about drive G: being disabled in Anydvd?

If so, uninstall Anydvd, reboot. Reinstall Anydvd. Reboot. Then Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Then Click "ok".

If one of those other optical drives is a DVD burner please place a normal disc in it and post logs files created from a normal DVD.

new anydvd logs attached from std def disc in different drive

Last edited:
And? Do you still see that error message about drive G: being disabled in Anydvd?

If so, uninstall Anydvd, reboot. Reinstall Anydvd. Reboot. Then Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Then Click "ok".

yes, it was still there.

uninstalled/rebooted

installed/rebooted

couldn't enter my license key because it said trial was expired (see attached)
re-added license key, rebooted again

error message still there and now i have a unidentified USB error with no devices added / removed

the lg also shows empty and i cannot see the disc from windows, i think we've managed to corrupt the drivers on the LG now.

Attachments

• license.png
    license.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
couldn't enter my license key because it said trial was expired (see attached)

You can always enter a legitimate license key, regardless of that message. You can double-click on your license key--or, if that fails, you do step 5 from here

re-added license key, rebooted again

You don't need to reboot after entering your license key. Just need to exit the program and restart it.

error message still there

a) Did you click "default" in Anydvd. And then click "ok"?

b) Do you have an original, commercial pressed disc in drive "g"?

and now i have a unidentified USB error

Which is?

the lg also shows empty and i cannot see the disc from windows, i think we've managed to corrupt the drivers on the LG now.

You can't by simply removing PxHlpa64. That's impossible, frankly.

Last edited:
You can always enter a legitimate license key, regardless of that message. You can double-click on your license key--or, if that fails, you do step 5 from here

You don't need to reboot after entering your license key. Just need to exit the program and restart it.

a) Did you click "default" in Anydvd. And then click "ok"?

b) Do you have an original, commercial pressed disc in drive "g"?

Which is?

uninstalled all corrupted items from system, rebooted. lg now seen correctly by system

re-added my correct license key (i.e. HD) into SW rebooted again, license now correct

a - yes

b - inserted new/original commercial dvd into drive (transformers) it's now seen. new logs now able to be generated from BR, which are attached.

Last edited:
Back