• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVDHD / Windows 7

drick

AnyDVDHD / Windows 7 problems

hi,

i just reimaged my machine to Windows 7 ult x64 / build 7100, and moved to SSD HDD's. while my machine is smoking fast, i now no longer have the ability to rip dvd's to my local disk due to the small size of the ssd's (32GB).

i've been trying unsuccessfully to rip a dvd over my GigE LAN, but i keep getting an error from anydvd "unable to read dvd" about 20% of the way through. when i start the burn i'm getting around 12MB/s sustained end to end, but it then drops down to .02 MB/s around %25. i'm not clear if anydvd cares (or needs) any certain performance to complete?

my burner is an lg be06lu10 and i'm running the ye05 (current) firmware on it
my region code is set to 1 on the burner
i upgraded from 6.5.5.9 to 6.5.6.6 and the same thing happens

is anyone else doing something like this, and if not is there any reason to think it won't work?

i did a search on windows 7 but didn't find any relevant results.

Last edited:
log file attached

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.5.6.6)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBE06LU10 YE05 00100308268ADG1846
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 23159168 sectors (45232 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RESIDENT_EVIL
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
Removed UOPs!View attachment 8312

Last edited:
When posting logs we need the entire ZIP.

My honest opinion is that it is a configuration issue. I have to believe that there are other people doing it the way you are and I haven't seen a complaint before.

Maybe someone else can offer more insight on the issue.

Sounds like a network issue of some kind. Do you have a USB drive you can rip to for testing? That way you can rule out anything but the network.

When posting logs we need the entire ZIP.

My honest opinion is that it is a configuration issue. I have to believe that there are other people doing it the way you are and I haven't seen a complaint before.

Maybe someone else can offer more insight on the issue.

sorry, entire zip file attached.

Last edited:
Sounds like a network issue of some kind. Do you have a USB drive you can rip to for testing? That way you can rule out anything but the network.

that is where is started as well, although the error message puzzles me. on the surface it would seem to be an issue between the LG and AnyDVD, at least from my un-educated POV.

a little more info on the network, i have and end to end GigE environment, jumbo frames enabled at 9k, and all the NIC bells and whistles turned on between the source and target. i can get 50-80MB/s doing file transfers and the like on this segment of the network.

this was why i was asking how smart anydvd is in relation to transfer speeds

I don't know. I've never ripped over the network and at the very moment I don't have giga installed on my LAN. That'll get fixed this fall as I redo everything but until then I can't even try to repro this in my own set up. But my gut instinct tells me it's a timeout issue on the network side rather than some issue with AnyDVD and the LG. Plenty of us are using LG drives to rip.

When I first started ripping my discs I also had tried ripping directly to my NAS but would encounter errors as well...I never bothered to figure it out as I just decided its safer/less headache to rip to a local drive then cut/paste to the NAS library. This was using both AnyDVD HD to rip DVDs and UltraISO for BD images, and I do have a gigabit network that usually averages about 60MB/s transfers to the NAS.

100% if what I do is over the network to a server. I use Windows 7 as the client, and Windows Vista as the file server.

Never had an issue.

here is the error code

Attachments

• error code.jpg
    error code.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
100% if what I do is over the network to a server. I use Windows 7 as the client, and Windows Vista as the file server.

Never had an issue.

i have windows 2008 server at the other end in my case.

SMB is SMB. Windows 2008 Server should be way more robut than Windows Vista, so you should have zero problems as well.

that is why i wanted to point out what i was running as that is what i assume as well

just tried to burn it to a directly connected USB HDD, same error. so i guess you are correct it is a config issue.

Last edited:
just uninstalled winamp and tried again, same error

just uninstalled winamp and tried again, same error

Please post a new set of log files from the disc. I hadn't had a chance to look before but your logs show that you have a nasty filter installed that happens to be installed by WinAmp Pro for the ripping/burning aspects.

PxHlpa64 (System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys), Version: 3.0.83.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp64
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for 64-bit Windows
FileVersion: 3.00.83a

Let's make sure that filter was removed when you uninstalled WinAmp.

Refer here for a list of bad filters: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15535. The last post has a link to a thread involving this PxHlpa64 filter and the headaches it caused until it was removed.

Last edited:
Is this the only disc it does it on or does it do it on every disc?

No one's asked the obvious question yet so I'll do so now. SPTD...is that installed on this machine?

hi,

i just reimaged my machine to Windows 7 ult x64 / build 7100, and moved to SSD HDD's. while my machine is smoking fast, i now no longer have the ability to rip dvd's to my local disk due to the small size of the ssd's (32GB).

i've been trying unsuccessfully to rip a dvd over my GigE LAN, but i keep getting an error from anydvd "unable to read dvd" about 20% of the way through. when i start the burn i'm getting around 12MB/s sustained end to end, but it then drops down to .02 MB/s around %25. i'm not clear if anydvd cares (or needs) any certain performance to complete?

my burner is an lg be06lu10 and i'm running the ye05 (current) firmware on it
my region code is set to 1 on the burner
i upgraded from 6.5.5.9 to 6.5.6.6 and the same thing happens

is anyone else doing something like this, and if not is there any reason to think it won't work?

i did a search on windows 7 but didn't find any relevant results.

Looks a like a bad / dirty disc / drive to me.

iaStorV.sys 01044000 0011e000

Some Intel storage driver which doesn't ship with Windows 7?

Please post a new set of log files from the disc. I hadn't had a chance to look before but your logs show that you have a nasty filter installed that happens to be installed by WinAmp Pro for the ripping/burning aspects.

Let's make sure that filter was removed when you uninstalled WinAmp.

Refer here for a list of bad filters: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15535. The last post has a link to a thread involving this PxHlpa64 filter and the headaches it caused until it was removed.

new log files attached

fyi, i used revo uninstaller to uninstall.

i followed instructions from other post, here is the imgburn output

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.4.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.5.6.6
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.5.6.6
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.

Last edited:
Back