• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a LG WH16NS40 on December 27, 2014. I am having difficulty determining what drive it is currently using. I attached a pdf of what I obtained when I tried to get the drive version. I am trying to determine if the drive I have will function with AnyDVD when it is released.

Attachments

• Drive.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 18
I purchased a LG WH16NS40 on December 27, 2014. I am having difficulty determining what drive it is currently using. I attached a pdf of what I obtained when I tried to get the drive version. I am trying to determine if the drive I have will function with AnyDVD when it is released.
You're looking at the driver version, not the drive firmware version. AnyDVD will tell you the drive firmware version.upload_2018-1-31_22-43-49.png

I'm going to hack both Asus 3.03 and LG 1.03 firmwares for UHD support for those who don't want (or can't) downgrade their unit to a previous fw version.

I need few days for testing and if everything goes well, I'll post them on a separate thread. :)

Thank You. It looks like I have 1.00. Will this work or do I need 1.02?

View attachment 41006

If you want to know if your LG WH16NS40 is a UHD friendly drive you will need to remove it from your PC and look at the manufacturer sticker on the top of the drive and specifically wanting to see the SVC Code (NS50) just like the sticker in this image,if there is no code or a code lower than NS50 the drive is not UHD friendly, also LG WH16NS40 made pre 2015 usually are not UHD friendly.

Attachments

• LG WH16NS40.jpg
    LG WH16NS40.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I'm going to hack both Asus 3.03 and LG 1.03 firmwares for UHD support for those who don't want (or can't) downgrade their unit to a previous fw version.

I need few days for testing and if everything goes well, I'll post them on a separate thread. :)

€TeddyRaspin
There's something confusing me with flashing, about the drive's unit specific original serial number getting lost when flashing another firmware from the forum from same drive model, but other sample. See post #160 here (page 8) referring to user "TwinParadox" this link:
(Link only working by clicking on it, (not with copy- and paste)
https://club.myce.com/t/lg-bh16ns50...4-bh16-wh16ns40-svc-code-ns50-2015/312557/181

-----------------------
@James
What about staying with addional keyfile in AnyDVD besides to the OPD?
If someone has an UHD-BD still not being supported by the AnyDVD OPD, when the users uses finds the key from makekkv or by sending a dump to the mkv team, so they can provide the key etc, he could then insert to AnyDVD keyfile,
and AnyDVD would recognize s.o. inserting a new key file, then the OPD maybe gets faster updated.
Just (maybe) a stupid thought, (but unsure) :)

Last edited:
€TeddyRaspin
There's something confusing me with flashing, about the drive's unit specific original serial number getting lost when flashing another firmware from the forum from same drive model, but other sample. See post #160 here (page 8) referring to user "TwinParadox" this link:
(Link only working by clicking on it, (not with copy- and paste)
https://club.myce.com/t/lg-bh16ns50...4-bh16-wh16ns40-svc-code-ns50-2015/312557/181

-----------------------
@James
What about staying with addional keyfile in AnyDVD besides to the OPD?
If someone has an UHD-BD still not being supported by the AnyDVD OPD, when the users uses finds the key from makekkv or by sending a dump to the mkv team, so they can provide the key etc, he could then insert to AnyDVD keyfile,
and AnyDVD would recognize s.o. inserting a new key file, then the OPD maybe gets faster updated.
Just (maybe) a stupid thought, (but unsure) :)
You can't insert makemkv keys into the keyfile. Makemkv uses hashed keys which are different from the leaked key format.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Yup, I read s.th. about that there would a possibility to convert keyfile format:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959
"Starting from version 1.10.9 MakeMKV supports additional key format, called “hashed keys. This format is superior to KEYDB.cfg file format, as entries are smaller, have integrity checking, much faster to verify and have few other good properties. The downside is that this file format is MakeMKV-specific, no other software can read files in this format so far. The same key can always be encoded as KEYDB.cfg key or as a hashed key, it is just that the latter is more efficient. Because both KEYDB.cfg and hashed keys are text files, the rules to use them are same – just download the relevant text file and put it into MakeMKV data directory. Having a disc key (encoded as KEYDB.cfg or as hashed key) allows one to open the corresponding UHD disc in MakeMKV."
--
But maybe I'm wrong as it won't help as it is probably converting only in the opposite direction (leaked key format to hashed key)

Update: maybe it's working, as it is also possible to encode to keydb.cfg which perhaps is kompatible to AnyDVD's keyfile.txt

Last edited:

LMAO!

Yup, I read s.th. about that there would a possibility to convert keyfile format:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959
"Starting from version 1.10.9 MakeMKV supports additional key format, called “hashed keys. This format is superior to KEYDB.cfg file format, as entries are smaller, have integrity checking, much faster to verify and have few other good properties. The downside is that this file format is MakeMKV-specific, no other software can read files in this format so far. The same key can always be encoded as KEYDB.cfg key or as a hashed key, it is just that the latter is more efficient. Because both KEYDB.cfg and hashed keys are text files, the rules to use them are same – just download the relevant text file and put it into MakeMKV data directory. Having a disc key (encoded as KEYDB.cfg or as hashed key) allows one to open the corresponding UHD disc in MakeMKV."
--
But maybe I'm wrong as it won't help as it is probably converting only in the opposite direction (leaked key format to hashed key)

Update: maybe it's working, as it is also possible to encode to keydb.cfg which perhaps is kompatible to AnyDVD's keyfile.txt

It won't work. It's a one way hash that only MakeMKV can use. Besides, you don't think James and crew are working on fixing the issues with AnyDVD to make it work on more titles? Patience is all that's needed, not hacks.

"Starting from version 1.10.9 MakeMKV supports additional key format, called “hashed keys. This format is superior to KEYDB.cfg file format, {...}
"The same key can always be encoded as KEYDB.cfg key or as a hashed key, it is just that the latter is more efficient."

It doesn't look like at least that the superior format "hashed key" is the same as keydb.cfg.
Lets ask more specific. Can makemkv convert to a different key format?
Can it be converted to keydb.cfg?
Is keydb.cfg also only makemkv-specific? Is keydb.cfg-format also another type of hashed key format?

[Edit]According to the 4 forum posts at the bottom posts keydb.cfg (keydbs.cfg) is compatible to the AnyDVD key-file format which perevios versions still offered.

Well there must be one reason why makemkv supports converting to keydb.cfg. Well I don't find another good reason than e.g. compatibilty to other programs like AnyDVD.

Well if keydb.cfg should be compatible to AnyDVD (just under different file name than "keys.txt), the idea was if the AnyDVD-OPD does not support an UHD-disc yet, a user could use keydb.cfg or obtained key from makemkv (see tgp777777 post quote below) which might have the key. AnyDVD scans the disc with users interactio and adds this automatically to the Online protection database. This could be of help for the developers.

tgp7777777 had one UHD disc version which isn't/wasn't supported by AnyDVD.
So she/he used a key from makemkv. After she/he made an encrypted copy with AnyDVD she used the decryption key from makemkv to decrypt it (AnyDVD version below 8.2.1.8)
If she had used a newer AnyDVD version than 8.2.1.7 she/he could not insert the needed obtained key from makemkv.
If AnyDVD scans this, AnyDVD could add this right away, when internet connections is on.
Would that not be some help for the developers (to have less work to get info into OPD) ??

Well tgp managed to decrypt her/his UHD disk this way before it got/gets into the OPD ;)

Well I'd find it handy if also all newest AnyDVD versions still have key-file-location option extra.
What do you think is this a bad idea?

I've been dipping my toe into this this afternoon. These are my preliminary results.

Tried to rip Interstellar with AnyDVDHD beta with the latest UHDkeys.txt file (before the hashed version).
AnyDVD refused to copy as it said i did not have the correct hash key for that disc.
Examination if the UHDKeys.txt confirmed that there were 3 hashes for Interstellar but not for that exact disc. The disc is AACS MKB Version 61. I resorted to Makemkv which did have a key.

I made an ISO backup with ANYDVDHD keeping protection which it did. Took about 90 minutes roughly.

I made a backup with the other program removing encryption which it did, maybe 2 hours.

I also made an MKV. Couldn't use CloneBD because of no key for ANYDVD.

Each option looked ok in terms of structure it created, size etc. I tried to play the MT2S file from the backup and MKV in Powerdvd15. It played but was very choppy on playback. I have a powerful water cooled PC with a 1080 32 GB memory , FAST CPU etc. The file was on a WD USB 2TB drive. The filesize was 60-85 GB. I did the same in MPC 64 and both options played fine, good 4K picture and good quality sound. My screen is 4k but not HDR. The colours looked a little muted - to be expected.

Still experimenting but it at least is as James says the copy and playing is no problem on a PC that does not comply with UHD requirements in most areas. I don't think I comply with HDCP 2.2, no "proper" 4K drive, no Kaby lake etc etc .

I can report on more progress if anyone is interested.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-leaked-key-progress.74122/page-5
hello, I have the file of the keys used by makemkv, UHDKEYS.cfg, this file does not rename to UHDKEYS.srt, I change the extension to SRT, with makemkv I see that I can rip the UHD, but with anydvd it does not let me do it, this UHDKEYS.srt file, I put it in the folder C: \ Users \ xxx \ Documents \ AnyDVDHD, it is strange that anydvd does not work with this disk, what should I do

Rename the makemkv file to UHDkeys.txt. Place that in the documents folder anydvd mentions and you're done. BUT the catch is, the disc your trying to do HAS to be supported by one of the currently leaked keys. That's the only way AnyDVD currently supports UHD. It does NOT have native UHD support to decrypt. AACS 2.0 has NOT yet been cracked

AnyDVD doesn't care about extensions. You can place and name the file wherever you want. It just needs to be a properly formatted keyfile.

Last edited:
tgp7777777 had one UHD disc version which isn't/wasn't supported by AnyDVD.
So she/he used a key from makemkv. After she/he made an encrypted copy with AnyDVD she used the decryption key from makemkv to decrypt it.

I don't think tgp7777777 used MakeMKV keys with AnyDVD, he just used MakeMKV program to rip instead while waiting for AnyDVD to support the disc.

keydb.cfg/keys.txt VUK keys are the same thing but are now obsolete for both programs.
MakeMKV now uses "Hashed Keys" which can not be used with any other program, these also include every disc from old 'keydb.cfg'
AnyDVD now uses it's own database of keys (OPD) which includes every disc from the old 'keys.txt'

I'm assuming the plan is eventually AnyDVD's OPD will support all discs once they have the bugs/server sorted.

Unfortunately, I still have sometimes the problem with direct playback of the discs: the drive reads the disc too slowly and playback stutters, I have BH16NS55 1.02. How can I fix this?

I have a very good PC with GTX1050ti hardware acceleration

I don't think tgp7777777 used MakeMKV keys with AnyDVD, he just used MakeMKV program to rip instead while waiting for AnyDVD to support the disc.

keydb.cfg/keys.txt VUK keys are the same thing but are now obsolete for both programs.
MakeMKV now uses "Hashed Keys" which can not be used with any other program, these also include every disc from old 'keydb.cfg'
AnyDVD now uses it's own database of keys (OPD) which includes every disc from the old 'keys.txt'

I'm assuming the plan is eventually AnyDVD's OPD will support all discs once they have the bugs/server sorted.

Maybe this is because AnyDVD removed "key.txt" support.
keysdb.cfg It still compatible to AnyDVD 8.2.1.7.
Why remove support of it. If makemkv has the hashed key for ones UHD-disc, but AnyDVD should not (maybe) occasionally,
the affected user just needs to use hashed-key to keysdb.cfg-converter from makemkv.
Well I'd find it handy to preserve keys.txt in AnyDVD.:bowdown:
I didn't say anything at all that the new OPD support for UHD was bad.
Can't it exist well in coexistence?

What is the disadvantage of preserving "keys.txt" (even if older format type) ?
Well makemkv can convert hashed key to keysdb.cfg, can it not?
To me it looked like makemkv was doing format-processing (not involving a keysdb.cfg list from known older discs)
And is the other hash/VUK part or whatever needed for decrypting still missing in keysdb.cfg from makemkv??
It's all confusing, as AnyDVD implemented this file format feature, and people could use it to fed AnyDVD with it for decryption.
And afaik it seems to me that there was no other decryption information part involved from AnyDVD at that time (maybe).

Last edited:
PSA: Incase you are using VLC to play your HEVC rips and have hardware that should decode ( gtx1080 for example or gtx 970 with hybrid decode in my case ) I had to download VLC nightly and then under Preferences->input codecs set the hardware accelerated decoding to Direct3D11 Video Acceleration in order to get it to work, otherwise it was a slide show on my overclocked 4770k.

Unfortunately, I still have sometimes the problem with direct playback of the discs: the drive reads the disc too slowly and playback stutters, I have BH16NS55 1.02. How can I fix this?

I have a very good PC with GTX1050ti hardware acceleration

Well playback directly from discs is more complex. The drive's error correction can be very busy working while playing from disc, especially more when there's dust or scratches on the disc.
Especially more with two three or four layers on some BDXL-ROM UHD-BDs, compared two Single/Dual-Layer BD-ROMs.

You can try to make an ISO rip. If your UHD-BD discs already mainly plays with AnyDVD, AnyDVD should already be able to make a decrypted ISO copy.

The decrypted ISO-rip e.g. should play then smoothly, no error correction between step necessary (unless HDD damaged/broken, more unlikely)
Your hardware is most certainly fast enough
If it does play smoothly from the ISO-rip instead of disc, then you know it was the BH16NS55 drive still working on reading data for playback from the disc directly.
And it is still should not be playing fluently from the ISO rip instead, you know it's your playing software being inefficient (GPU decoding acceleration not activated), and/or no CPU multithreading.

Last edited:
I tried to rip 2 UHD disks with MakeMKV and ASUS BW-16D1HT, Revision: 3.00

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Backup failed , SCSI errors
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00' at offset '33209909248'SSCI errors

Then tried with ANYDVD to make backup or copy.
ANYDVD HD said

============================================================
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.1.0, BDPHash.bin 17-07-03)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00 W006706SIK9CH3B8350
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 25719424 sectors (50233 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: FIRENZE E GLI UFFIZI 4K
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 61
UHD Blu-ray disc.
MKB type 48141003 is not supported!
ERRO ao processar disco Blu-ray!
========================================================================

Any one has ideas to solve this ?
I just want to rip disks into a ISO or MKV 4K file unprotected.

greetings from Portugal

Hi, Pedro, just download the latest BETA version (EDITED->8.2.1.9) of AnyDVD (there's a link at the top of this AnyDVD HD blu-ray forum) and it might be able to decrypt those UHD discs.

Last edited:
I think this is the reason hacks are likely going to be needed.

And how would a "hack" help? I think you misunderstand the issues. A plain text key file is not going to help you any more than the Online Protection Database in future proofing this process. James is saying that the drives required to do this at ALL are what's going to be in limited supply. Hacks and plain text key files aren't going to solve that. Hence, no, I don't agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back