• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys, thank to anyDVD now I can playback discs directly without slow-motion performance on my BH16NS55 drive... What a great software this is!

Apparently Mike @ makemkv has figured out a way for (some? all?) official drives to work with his hashed file (capability not released yet),...
Hmm... Some, I believe. May I guess - it's not a Pioneer?

I'm getting this error sometimes: "Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!"

Is the server down?

I'm getting this error sometimes: "Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!"

Is the server down?
No, it is a general "catch all" message. It can be caused if verification of decryption fails.

Sure. Out of the box they will ship "fixed" drives soon. The community will however contribute a "cook book" how to downgrade drives to be "UHD friendly". A similar discussion started in the German section. We need a good "cook book" with minimal risk that includes laser calibration for the drives that otherwise might get trashed by the downgrading process. This is work in progress and please DON'T downgrade until this "cook book" is available.

No, it is a general "catch all" message. It can be caused if verification of decryption fails.

Now this in intersting: it happened twice twice that if I reboot my PC before scanning a new disc, AnyDVD works fine. Otherwise it fails with that error

Hmm... Some, I believe. May I guess - it's not a Pioneer?
I've got no insight as my info is second hand (from Balthazar2k4 on myce.com) but I'd love to see it be all so I can take my UHD Pioneer out of the drawer (bought it just before deUHD, then bought an official drive that deUHD supported, and then the friendly drive VUC workaround happened so I bought another one and then... ;) )

Sure. Out of the box they will ship "fixed" drives soon. The community will however contribute a "cook book" how to downgrade drives to be "UHD friendly". A similar discussion started in the German section. We need a good "cook book" with minimal risk that includes laser calibration for the drives that otherwise might get trashed by the downgrading process. This is work in progress and please DON'T downgrade until this "cook book" is available.
New models will be released and the old firmware won't match. Sure, the new firmware could be hacked, but they can make this very hard...

I've got no insight as my info is second hand (from Balthazar2k4 on myce.com) but I'd love to see it be all so I can take my UHD Pioneer out of the drawer (bought it just before deUHD, then bought an official drive that deUHD supported, and then the friendly drive VUC workaround happened so I bought another one and then... ;) )
So the Pioneer does not work with makemkv, does it?

So the Pioneer does not work with makemkv, does it?
No official drives do yet. Whatever capability he is testing hasn't been released or even announced. Just some beta testers seem to be aware. Given that deUHD couldn't use the Pioneer, I wouldn't be surprised if it won't work with whatever workaround he is working on.

Looks like i'm good to go. Neighbour picked parcel up at PO today. Just picked it up at his place. Retail version BUT most importanly: HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS55 1.02

No messing with downgrading!

Bought an BH16NS55 Retail for 75€ at local shop. manufactured 3rd quarter 2017. It also has FW 1.02 preinstalled. :) The retail-Version interstingly is 10€ cheaper than the Bulk-Verison at the specific seller.

The second BH16NS55 (Bulk) (other seller) for 67€ is on its way. Maybe I will crossflash the second BH16NS55 (only) to the Asus firmware. Then can compare it the other BH16NS55 with original firmware if it should have an issue on some discs (occosinally).

But first dump original firmware and laser calibration data on all drives.
But teddyraspin also posted LG 1.02 firmware with laser calibration data.

There's just s.th. that's confusing me:
At club myce, s.o. talked about s.th. that the drive's serial number was also stored in the drive's firmware and/or together with the addional laser calibration data. I'm not quite sure what I read in the forum, but shouldn't ignore it as safety precaution and try to find out more.

https://club.myce.com/t/lg-bh16ns50...4-bh16-wh16ns40-svc-code-ns50-2015/312557/181
{...}
"The first device I bought last Thursday came with 1.00 firmware. I dumped it using the devilsclaw’s tool and compared to the 1.01 dump found on this forum. My first idea was to update my unit from 1.00 to 1.01 (now there is also a 1.02 firmware). Comparing both 1.00 and 1.01 devilsclaw’s dumps I’ve found that each dump contains calibration laser data as well as the specific serial number of each unit and so I mapped my info to the 1.01 dump."{...}

Last edited:
Tip boys. If your firmware is UHD friendly don't upgrade to any new version. Just leave it alone and enjoy this loophole. There is a new firmware below 3.0.3 but why chance it going to ver 3.0.2. If it ant broken don't fix it.

The movie industry I'm sure is pushing these companies to come out with new firmware but honestly if it was brought to court these products meet aacs ver 1 so they would win court case telling them to go x$%# themselves to support 2.0 blocking. The drives without keys cannot do anything so the only place they can take legal action is the key leakers. I'm surprised they even provided updates. They must have been offered some big cash under the table lol. Like please change firmware option for x dollars. Money talks bullshit walks

Last edited:
The movie industry I'm sure is pushing these companies to come out with new firmware but honestly if it was brought to court these products meet aacs ver 1 so they would win court case telling them to go x$%# themselves to support 2.0 blocking. The drives without keys cannot do anything so the only place they can take legal action is the key leakers. I'm surprised they even provided updates. They must have been offered some big cash under the table lol. Like please change firmware option for x dollars. Money talks bullshit walks

All the "friendly" drives are made by LG even if they are rebadged. Even the certified UHD drives that work with DeUHD are LG which has also been broken by a new firmware update. It could be argued that LG is at fault for a flaw/hole in their products that allows circumvention of AACS. Furthermore, if the powers that be were mad enough they could threaten to pull licensing from LG. Do you think LG wants to fight that battle? Nope. They shut up, whip up a new firmware that closes the hole, post it, and trick people into updating with a vague misleading "improves UHD compatibility" changelog entry. If you buy a new drive then it's getting more likely that you'll receive a brand spanking new pre-updated drive. Yay! The AACS-LA is happy, LG is happy and it didn't involve burning any money, dealing with lawyers, or dealing with the court system.

Last edited:
All the "friendly" drives are made by LG even if they are rebadged. Even the certified UHD drives that work with DeUHD are LG which has also been broken by a new firmware update. It could be argued that LG is at fault for a flaw/hole in their products that allows circumvention of AACS. Furthermore, if the powers that be were mad enough they could threaten to pull licensing from LG. Do you think LG wants to fight that battle? Nope. They shut up, whip up a new firmware that closes the hole, post it, and sucker people into updating under with a vague misleading "improves UHD compatibility" changelog entry.
Did not think about the licence, guess they are slaves:bowdown:

Don't worry I won't update my Asus drive to 3.03. It has 3.01. I want to update it to 3.02 max.

Same with second LG BH16NS55 max to 1.02 (still waiting for delivery), which might have 1.01 or 1.00, or 1.03 (then downgrade with Dosflash)
My first LG BH16NS55 already has 1.02.

Just one thing that is confusing me reading in a thread marked underlined:
https://club.myce.com/t/lg-bh16ns50...4-bh16-wh16ns40-svc-code-ns50-2015/312557/181

{...}
"The first device I bought last Thursday came with 1.00 firmware. I dumped it using the devilsclaw’s tool and compared to the 1.01 dump found on this forum. My first idea was to update my unit from 1.00 to 1.01 (now there is also a 1.02 firmware). Comparing both 1.00 and 1.01 devilsclaw’s dumps I’ve found that each dump contains calibration laser data as well as the specific serial number of each unit and so I mapped my info to the 1.01 dump."{...}

OK for my Asus BW-16D1HT there's also the offical 3.02 firmware-updater. As well as for 3.01, and for 3.03 (not recommended)
So no problem that drive's serial number gets lost from the flash.

But maybe the unit-specific drive's serial number gets lost from EEPROM when updating/reverting its firmware (eg to 1.02 max) qith Dosflash with a dumped 1.02-firmware from another Bh16NS55 sample from the forum.
(As for BH16NS55 there is not any 1.02 firmware-updater from LG)

Well at least TwinParadox there did take special action also to store/mod his original drive's serial number from his fw-1.00 dump of his BH16NS55 sample into the dumped 1.02 firmware (from the forum from another BH16NS55 sample)

That's confusing me to start any flashing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back