AnyDVD Ripper from the command-line

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by testiles, Jan 19, 2020.

1. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

I know this question must have been asked before, but searching the Forum is not turning up my exact situation...

I was wondering if I can call any of the .exe's in the AnyDVD application folder to launch the Blu-ray "Rip to Image" function "from the command line"?

I'm thinking I would need to provide as parameters the Blu-Ray drive letter to rip from, whether Protected or Unprotected and the Destination folder and it would kick off the AnyDVD rip (from a bat file).

If not available, is this something that might happen in the future?

I'm setting up a central place to easily launch all my media-related tasks like ripping CD's and creating mkv's. I'd like to add a script that launches the AnyDVD .iso rip I use so often as well...

T

2. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You can use any "disk imaging tool" from the command line for unprotected images.

4. testiles

Hi coopervid.

Thanks.

I saw this thread in my search earlier, but it seems to set up an automatic rip when you insert a disc. I'm definitely not looking to do that - if I mount a disc it's not necessarily to rip it...

I wrote a little Java program to have a central place to kick off rips when I do them. It basically asks what drive and what kind of rip (and to where) and launches a .bat file to get it done.

I was looking for a way to write a bat file that this program could launch that would kick off the AnyDVD Rip To Image.

Hey James.

Actually I've already set that up, a script to create an unprotected .iso.

I forgot to say it but I was looking for a way to kick off Rip To Image to create a protected .iso, which is actually my preference.

Any possibilities?

T

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No, but I will put it on my todo list. It is a good idea.

whatever_gong82 and SamuriHL like this.
  6. testiles

That is completely awesome, James.

Cannot wait to try it. :=)

T