• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Ripper from the command-line

testiles

UHD Guru
I know this question must have been asked before, but searching the Forum is not turning up my exact situation...

I was wondering if I can call any of the .exe's in the AnyDVD application folder to launch the Blu-ray "Rip to Image" function "from the command line"?

I'm thinking I would need to provide as parameters the Blu-Ray drive letter to rip from, whether Protected or Unprotected and the Destination folder and it would kick off the AnyDVD rip (from a bat file).

If not available, is this something that might happen in the future?

I'm setting up a central place to easily launch all my media-related tasks like ripping CD's and creating mkv's. I'd like to add a script that launches the AnyDVD .iso rip I use so often as well...

T

I know this question must have been asked before, but searching the Forum is not turning up my exact situation...

I was wondering if I can call any of the .exe's in the AnyDVD application folder to launch the Blu-ray "Rip to Image" function "from the command line"?

I'm thinking I would need to provide as parameters the Blu-Ray drive letter to rip from, whether Protected or Unprotected and the Destination folder and it would kick off the AnyDVD rip (from a bat file).

If not available, is this something that might happen in the future?

I'm setting up a central place to easily launch all my media-related tasks like ripping CD's and creating mkv's. I'd like to add a script that launches the AnyDVD .iso rip I use so often as well...

T
You can use any "disk imaging tool" from the command line for unprotected images.

You should start here. There is an example for "rip to folder" using Autoit. This would have to be modified for rip to .iso.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/rip-on-insert-for-anydvd.51240/page-2#post-363621

Hi coopervid.

Thanks.

I saw this thread in my search earlier, but it seems to set up an automatic rip when you insert a disc. I'm definitely not looking to do that - if I mount a disc it's not necessarily to rip it...

I wrote a little Java program to have a central place to kick off rips when I do them. It basically asks what drive and what kind of rip (and to where) and launches a .bat file to get it done.

I was looking for a way to write a bat file that this program could launch that would kick off the AnyDVD Rip To Image.

You can use any "disk imaging tool" from the command line for unprotected images.

Hey James.

Actually I've already set that up, a script to create an unprotected .iso.

I forgot to say it but I was looking for a way to kick off Rip To Image to create a protected .iso, which is actually my preference.

Any possibilities?

T

No, but I will put it on my todo list. It is a good idea.

Hi James!

I'm wrapping up my Java program to generate rips and was wondering if you've given any further thought to the "command line" AnyDVD Rip To Image tool.

I would really love to add Rip To (Protected) Image to its suite of automated rips as it would make this home-made Rip Generator the most useful for me - and complete!

I'm sure a lot of others would use it as well.

T

Hi James!

I'm wrapping up my Java program to generate rips and was wondering if you've given any further thought to the "command line" AnyDVD Rip To Image tool.
Thoughts - yes, indeed. It isn't as easy to implement as I first thought it would be.

I seem to recall when I first started getting into this when it was SlySoft, that the rip to image feature was discouraged. I don't recall the reason, but I do recall running into some corrupted images being the impetus for the search that led to the contrary recommendation.

I ended up going w/imgburn as that has commandline options. As I'm not a fan of DOS shell, I installed cygwin and wrote a bash script that initially forks an imgburn process for each of the drives I had configured (11) and, later, after I consolidated to a nimbie (imgburn supports robots) just that unit. So, now, I just load the hopper on the nimbie and run the script. The nimbie loads a disc, anydvd does its thing, imgburn pulls the name from the title and it all writes to a network share. Rinse, lather, repeat until all the discs in the hopper are empty.

Rip to image was only ever discouraged for DVD images. For blu-ray, a lot of us were doing images from the very beginning. Yes, you can use ImgBurn and we have scripts that do that in various ways. But AnyDVD's rip to image function has some benefits and being able to script it is useful.

... I ended up going w/imgburn as that has commandline options. As I'm not a fan of DOS shell, I installed cygwin and wrote a bash script that initially forks an imgburn process for each of the drives I had configured (11) and, later, after I consolidated to a nimbie (imgburn supports robots) just that unit. So, now, I just load the hopper on the nimbie and run the script. The nimbie loads a disc, anydvd does its thing, imgburn pulls the name from the title and it all writes to a network share. Rinse, lather, repeat until all the discs in the hopper are empty.

Sounds like a great set-up.

But this produces unprotected .iso's. I'm hoping to use the command-line Rip-To-Image to make protected ones.

T

Last edited:
Rip to image was only ever discouraged for DVD images. For blu-ray, a lot of us were doing images from the very beginning. Yes, you can use ImgBurn and we have scripts that do that in various ways. But AnyDVD's rip to image function has some benefits and being able to script it is useful.

To be clear, I wasn't trying to diminish the FR. More options/flexibility the better.

I'm curious, though, beyond true 1:1 (i.e. intact encrypted status), what benefit(s)? If the idea is merely a backup from which one could regenerate a transcode in case of badness, encryption is 'meh'. Even things that require a certain "moral flexibility" could still be done w/nonencrypted images. Again, what's the attraction? OCD?

To be clear, I wasn't trying to diminish the FR. More options/flexibility the better.

I'm curious, though, beyond true 1:1 (i.e. intact encrypted status), what benefit(s)? If the idea is merely a backup from which one could regenerate a transcode in case of badness, encryption is 'meh'. Even things that require a certain "moral flexibility" could still be done w/nonencrypted images. Again, what's the attraction? OCD?
AnyDVD ripper has integrity checks, in case drivers or drives don't report errors. Yes, this happens, especially with "friendly" UHD drives.
Protected images created with other tools will not work because of bus encryption.

There's not any in my case. The idea of keeping protection isn't some idealistic thing. It's imperative because I only buy uhd. With uhd, title support isn't immediate, so, the need for a protected iso is one of necessity. Yes, I could keep putting the disc in every couple days to check for support, but I've found with uhd the less handling of the disc the better. Add to the equation that uhd has now started to use screen pass, then keeping the protected iso around until I can get to my end game of creating a mkv with clonebd is rather critical.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back