• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip on insert for AnyDVD

You guys miss the point. You should

1.) Insert the disc
2.) Let AnyDVD scan it
3.) Check playback with proper playback software
4.) Adjust AnyDVD settings to your liking (Region code setting, Speedmenu, torture removal, subtitle transparency, ....
5.) Repeat from 2.), if necessary
6.) Enjoy your movie, or copy it, if you want

Hi James

No I don’t think we are missing the point at all. We know how to use AnyDVD. Love the product:rock:. We just don’t understand what the fuzz is about adding 1 extra command line which triggers at already built in function. But I’m sure you have your reason.

Anyway found this while looking around the forum.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=19946&page=3

AnyDVDtoFolder.exe does almost what we want. I just wish it didn’t work with windows messages.:bang:

auto-start ripping

I came to this forum today for the same reason:
I have hundreds of dvd/bd to rip and then convert to a format my xbox360's can use

step one is to get the ISO files onto my NAS. I figure that once I have them as ISO files, I can tinker around and find the best conversion format vs file size for converting my movies and automate it with my conversion software..(I also now have the raw ISO file for any future needs)

but to do this, I need all the ISOs on my NAS. what better way then to get anydvd to auto-rip to ISO..
*OR*
get anyDVD to trigger another program to rip the disk AFTER anydvd is done mounting the dvd/bd..

from my understanding, the 'external program' starts before AnyDVD is done doing its mounting and stripping of restrictions..

I do not think its unfair of paying customers to request one of the two following features:
1. AnyDVD have a setting - RIP on insert (to video or iso option)
or
2. launch program/command line xyz AFTER anydvd is done doing its mounting thing..

So the developers do not want to give us option 1, can they give us option 2 (I still vote for option one 8) )?

Thank you,
And I do love the software...

*OR*
get anyDVD to trigger another program to rip the disk AFTER anydvd is done mounting the dvd/bd..

Surprise, it's already there. But undocumented, and you need to enable it with Regedit.

Add a string registry value in HKCU\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings called
Playerfilename.

This should be a batch file, where you can do whatever you want. As it is intended to start playback software, it is called *after* the disc is visible.

Some interesting parameters are passed to the batch file:

Parameter 1: The drive letter
Parameter 2: The disc type. Can be DVD, HD-DVD, BLU-RAY, BLU-RAY-3D or EJECT
Parameter 3: The primary frame rate of the disc. Can be 23, 24, 25, 29 or 59
Parameter 4: The volume label of the disc.

Parameters 3 & 4 will be omitted, if the disc type is EJECT.

Here is an example script:
Code:
@Echo Off
   rem ShowParam %1 %2 %3 "%4"
   if %2==EJECT goto :EJECT
   MsgBox "Play %2 %4 in drive %1?" "AnyDVD Autoplay" 36 8000
   IF ERRORLEVEL 32000 GOTO :EOF
   IF ERRORLEVEL 7 GOTO :EOF
   if %2==DVD goto :DVD
   if %2==HD-DVD goto :HD-DVD
   if %2==BLU-RAY goto :BLU-RAY
   if %2==BLU-RAY-3D goto :BLU-RAY-3D
   Goto :EOF

:DVD
   call DVD.cmd %1 %3

:HD-DVD
   call HD-DVD.cmd %1: %3

:BLU-RAY-3D
   MsgBox "Play Blu-ray in 3D?" "AnyDVD Autoplay" 36 8000
   IF ERRORLEVEL 32000 GOTO :BLU-RAY
   IF ERRORLEVEL 7 GOTO :BLU-RAY
   call BLU-RAY-3D.cmd %1: %3

:BLU-RAY
   call BLU-RAY.cmd %1: %3

:EJECT
   call EJECT.cmd %1

Last edited:
Wow, thank you for the UNDOCUMENTED info..

As end end user, I can only say two things:
1. thank you - at least we have something
2. ooohhh, soooo close to having it in the settings dialog box....

Wow, thank you for the UNDOCUMENTED info..

As end end user, I can only say two things:
1. thank you - at least we have something
2. ooohhh, soooo close to having it in the settings dialog box....

It was going to get there some day, but you know ... so many things to do and so little time...
At least the core functionality is working already, although it is intended for playback and not ripping, as you might have guessed.

This thread is as clone to what I'm looking for as I can find. Unfortunately, it seems the last bit before "success" for me is still a mystery. ImgBurn doesn't need the "post-mount" step, because it has a parameter which will wait for the disk to be mounted. The last thing I can't seem to find out how to get (and likely has to come straight from AnyDVD) is the dvd info. They can generate it from the built-in ripper, but that doesn't support scripting. Sites which used to host tools for it have gone all but silent. I really love AnyDVD HD, but without the dvd info, it's very hard to identify the movies and get things like cover art.

Suggestions?

I created the key in regedit and pointed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\autorip.bat which is a batch file with the script you had given below, but still, no auto ripping happens. Is there a step I missed?

Thanks!

Surprise, it's already there. But undocumented, and you need to enable it with Regedit.

Add a string registry value in HKCU\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings called
Playerfilename.

This should be a batch file, where you can do whatever you want. As it is intended to start playback software, it is called *after* the disc is visible.

Some interesting parameters are passed to the batch file:

Parameter 1: The drive letter
Parameter 2: The disc type. Can be DVD, HD-DVD, BLU-RAY, BLU-RAY-3D or EJECT
Parameter 3: The primary frame rate of the disc. Can be 23, 24, 25, 29 or 59
Parameter 4: The volume label of the disc.

Parameters 3 & 4 will be omitted, if the disc type is EJECT.

Here is an example script:
Code:
@Echo Off
   rem ShowParam %1 %2 %3 "%4"
   if %2==EJECT goto :EJECT
   MsgBox "Play %2 %4 in drive %1?" "AnyDVD Autoplay" 36 8000
   IF ERRORLEVEL 32000 GOTO :EOF
   IF ERRORLEVEL 7 GOTO :EOF
   if %2==DVD goto :DVD
   if %2==HD-DVD goto :HD-DVD
   if %2==BLU-RAY goto :BLU-RAY
   if %2==BLU-RAY-3D goto :BLU-RAY-3D

:DVD
   call DVD.cmd %1 %3

:HD-DVD
   call HD-DVD.cmd %1: %3

:BLU-RAY-3D
   MsgBox "Play Blu-ray in 3D?" "AnyDVD Autoplay" 36 8000
   IF ERRORLEVEL 32000 GOTO :BLU-RAY
   IF ERRORLEVEL 7 GOTO :BLU-RAY
   call BLU-RAY-3D.cmd %1: %3

:BLU-RAY
   call BLU-RAY.cmd %1: %3

:EJECT
   call EJECT.cmd %1

For anyone still looking for an AutoRip option ...

I know this thread is very old, but for anyone still looking for an AutoRip solution I created the following AutoIt script based off of ChiDragon's script. It will automatically rip an inserted disk to a folder and then eject it when completed. Because it has a configurable pause/delay it seems to work with AnyDVD's "start external program" option just fine, even thought isn't designed to start rippers as RBBrittain noted.

Code:
Run('"C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe" -r')
WinWaitActive("AnyDVD Ripper")

For $i = 60 To 1 Step -1
    SplashTextOn("AnyDVD AutoRip", "AutoRip will start in " & $i & " seconds ...",150,60)
    Sleep (1000)
Next
SplashOff()

ControlClick("AnyDVD Ripper", "", "[CLASS:TButton; INSTANCE:2]")

$Trigger = 0

While 1
    If WinExists ("[TITLE:AnyDVD; CLASS:TRipHdForm]") Then
    	If WinExists ("[TITLE:AnyDVD 99%; CLASS:TRipHdForm]") Then $Trigger = 1
    	Sleep (500)
    	If $Trigger Then
    		$Trigger = 0
    		While Not WinExists ("[TITLE:AnyDVD Ripper; CLASS:TRipHdForm]")
    			Sleep (1000)
    		WEnd
    		Sleep (10000)
    		CDTray ("Z:", "open")
    		ControlClick("AnyDVD Ripper", "", "[CLASS:TButton; INSTANCE:1]")
    		SoundPlay(@WindowsDir & "\Media\Tada.wav",1)
    	EndIf
    Else
        Exit(0)
    EndIf
Wend

Exit(0)

Hello, I don't (yet) know how to read Autolt code. Can you please confirm that your script uses the "Rip Video Disk to Harddrive" function of AnyDVD?

Thx

Hi James

No I don’t think we are missing the point at all. We know how to use AnyDVD. Love the product:rock:. We just don’t understand what the fuzz is about adding 1 extra command line which triggers at already built in function. But I’m sure you have your reason.

Anyway found this while looking around the forum.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=19946&page=3

AnyDVDtoFolder.exe does almost what we want. I just wish it didn’t work with windows messages.:bang:

You just took the disk out of it's case and inserted it into the drive. Are a few mouse clicks after that really such a massively difficult task for you?

Can anyone confirm that the PlayerFileName registry setting works to execute a specified script with AnyDVD v7.6.9.5? Also, should a default install create any entries at HKCU\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD?

The ability to auto-execute a script once AnyDVD has mounted a disc is only step my "auto-rip" solution is missing :(

It is, but it still works to a certain point. Not everyone has a redfox license

Back