• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD, MyMovies, Media Center - No Longer Works

guitarlp

So I'm sure many of you with a Media Center PC with MyMovies installed have noticed that the latest version of AnyDVD no longer work with MyMovies and Media Center.

I posted on the previous build thread of AnyDVD and someone from Slysoft said AnyDVD is working just like it should and there are no problems.

I posted on the myMovies forum and the developer said it's not a problem with MyMovies. He said:

When My Movies mounts an ISO with Daemon Tools - Media Center's autoplay detects the disc and launches playback - that playback can be My Movies HD integration registred in registry, but it's Media Center's autoplay that picks up the disc.

So, My Movies cannot be changed to work with whatever they changed - they have broken autoplay in Media Center....

Thoughts from Slysoft?

So I'm sure many of you with a Media Center PC with MyMovies installed have noticed that the latest version of AnyDVD no longer work with MyMovies and Media Center.

I posted on the previous build thread of AnyDVD and someone from Slysoft said AnyDVD is working just like it should and there are no problems.

I posted on the myMovies forum and the developer said it's not a problem with MyMovies. He said:

Thoughts from Slysoft?
Why does it work with MediaCenter without MyMovies (just inserting discs / images works just the way it should)?

James, are you sure it does when Media Center is full screen?

Can you give a few more details on what's changed in AnyDVD? It's in the changelog, but without much details.

The ONLY thing I can think of here is the order of how autoplay notifications are received. My Movies has a Tray application that gets an autoplay notification, but when Media Center is running in full screen, I know that it has registred for these notifications, and has it's own autoplay mechanism.

This means that when Media Center is running full screen, Windows default autoplay gets overwritten, and Media Center handles these things by itself.

When My Movies mounts an ISO with Daemon Tools, or when you insert a disc, Media Center itself runs it's autoplay, and picks up the disc insert - in this process My Movies is not involved, and for HD discs, My Movies simply registred a couple of registry keys that makes Media Center's autoplay launch My Movies' HD integration.

The only thing where My Movies could be involved would be if the Tray application incorrectly receives the autoplay notification although Media Center is in full screen - if that I the case, I cannot see why this could happen, as it does not if AnyDVD is not installed.

It would be great with some details of exactly what it is that you changed - fact is that what worked before the change, no longer works.

Regards,

Brian Binnerup
My Movies

Brian,

How're u? Let me chime in some details from the user experience side.

Before the behavior was - Within your MM all I did was just hit "watch" and it will minimize MM, launch PDVD8, mount ISO, Collection Management tray detects the movie title and PDVD8 will play that BD - perfect!

Lately and now (I did not test today release AnyDVD yet, still at work) - Within your MM, I hit "watch" and nothing happen. I need to manually minimize MM and manually launch PDVD8 the it will mount ISO, your tray detect the movie title and PDVD8 will play the BD.

I truly think it is a small bug that somewhere the handshake break between you guys applications.

To me, it is no problem since I just use PDVD to watch movie nowadays since I know which movie I want to watch. But my kids are :bang: since you spoil them too much and they don't want to take just extra steps to play the movie in VMC.

Hope you two can figure out for some of us here, many thanks to you two in advance!

As hlkc stated, this has been "broken" since AnyDVD was updated to 6.4.3.8. I have tried evey iterration of AnyDVD since then (not 6.4.5.0 as I am away from home this week) without resolution. I have my systems at 6.4.3.2, and all is working happily. Something changed since that version with the way AnyDVD handles autoplay notification events. Again, this happens only when Media Center (Vista Ultimate x64 w/SP1) is running in full screen mode.

Brian,

Before the behavior was - Within your MM all I did was just hit "watch" and it will minimize MM, launch PDVD8, mount ISO, Collection Management tray detects the movie title and PDVD8 will play that BD - perfect!

Lately and now (I did not test today release AnyDVD yet, still at work) - Within your MM, I hit "watch" and nothing happen. I need to manually minimize MM and manually launch PDVD8 the it will mount ISO, your tray detect the movie title and PDVD8 will play the BD.

I truly think it is a small bug that somewhere the handshake break between you guys applications.

To me, it is no problem since I just use PDVD to watch movie nowadays since I know which movie I want to watch. But my kids are :bang: since you spoil them too much and they don't want to take just extra steps to play the movie in VMC.

Hope you two can figure out for some of us here, many thanks to you two in advance!
Autoplay does work fine, if a "real" disc is inserted? (It does here)
What happens if you use Virtual CloneDrive instead of DaemonTools?

Let me try that when I return home tonight.

MM doesn't support Virtual Clone Drive. Only Daemon tools. So, you will loose out on MM auto-mounting the disk. I have no problems with a physical disk. It's only with an ISO.

MM doesn't support Virtual Clone Drive. Only Daemon tools. So, you will loose out on MM auto-mounting the disk. I have no problems with a physical disk. It's only with an ISO.

If the problem is with an ISO, make sure that the ISO contains all the Blu-ray folders, and not just the BDMV root folder.

Media Center's autoplay won't detect it as a Blu-ray otherwise.

You could use My Movies to copy to the ISO to make sure it a 1:1...

If the problem is with an ISO, make sure that the ISO contains all the Blu-ray folders, and not just the BDMV root folder.

Media Center's autoplay won't detect it as a Blu-ray otherwise.

You could use My Movies to copy to the ISO to make sure it a 1:1...

Brian,

I can't speak for others but I use latest Imgburn and it should be as close as original back up ISO as it can be. And yes, it included all BDMV root folder there. Not sure but if Virtual clone drive works, can you implement that into your MM UI as a 2nd option to mount ISO?

Am I correct that when you minimize MCE, the ISO is already mounted in Daemon Tools? It should be.

Am I correct that when you minimize MCE, the ISO is already mounted in Daemon Tools? It should be.

Brian,

Sorry when I meant minimize I meant I need to close VMC/MM and after that it will play BD in already mount ISO from deamon tools right away. If I just minimize, nothing happens. Btw, after I close VMC/MM I see your logo there ;)

James and Brian,

I just played around a bit more. Here is what I think.

1) We need MM sending a command to close VMC and launch PDVD. It is not doing that now or it is doing that just somewhere is breaking the code now.

2) After we select the ISO in Daemon tools, it mounts the ISO but PDVD doesn't launch anymore.

If we can do above, just like before, it will work again.

Then I think I know what the problem can be.

It is very likely AnyDVD's new feature that pops up and asks for region code of the disc.

That dialog cannot get in on top when Media Center runs, and that is likely the problem.

James, how come it has started to do this? Also on "Automatic" setting?

1) We need MM sending a command to close VMC and launch PDVD. It is not doing that now or it is doing that just somewhere is breaking the code now.

We do not - Media Center's autoplay should take care of this. Look at my reply above - I think it's AnyDVD region code dialog.

In ANY situation where a disc is inserted into the drive, My Movies relies on autoplay in Media Center, also when an ISO is mounted, as that is also seen as a disc insert.

But, if you say that the HD integration actually DO get launched (the log will show), the problem is likely AnyDVD's new dialog.

Then I think I know what the problem can be.

It is very likely AnyDVD's new feature that pops up and asks for region code of the disc.

That dialog cannot get in on top when Media Center runs, and that is likely the problem.

James, how come it has started to do this? Also on "Automatic" setting?

Brian,

I am not sure and let me share with you. The pop up you are referring to it definitely not popping up all the time, it might in the back end but at least not in the front end UI. But on the other hand, I think it is the right timing since it is about that time when I first noticed MM and PDVD starts not to work together.

Last edited:
I am not sure and let me share with you. The pop up you are referring to it definitely not popping up all the time, it might in the back end but at least not in the front end UI. But on the other hand, I think it is the right timing since it is about that time when I first noticed MM and PDVD starts not to work together.

That is exactly my guess - when Media Center is in focus, AnyDVD can't just pop up a dialog on top of it - so, the dialog becomes hidden.

Try to disable AnyDVD's feature to remove regions codes on Blu-ray, then I would expect it not to ask for region.

I would like to know if that solves it.

Brian,

6437 is the last upgrade that works 100% with mm+pdvd8+daemontools lite.

We do not - Media Center's autoplay should take care of this. Look at my reply above - I think it's AnyDVD region code dialog.

In ANY situation where a disc is inserted into the drive, My Movies relies on autoplay in Media Center, also when an ISO is mounted, as that is also seen as a disc insert.

But, if you say that the HD integration actually DO get launched (the log will show), the problem is likely AnyDVD's new dialog.

this happens sometimes,but files on hdd (iso) that anydvd has updated the keys and region also crashes!

Ok, I would love to get an answer to these questions:

1) When a Blu-ray disc does not play, if you minimize Media Center, is the ISO mounted, and is the My Movies HD Integration started? (If so, the problem is not autoplay).

2) If you Alt+Tab after doing that, does any AnyDVD dialogs show up?

3) If you close Media Center, and manually mount the ISO with Daemon Tools, does AnyDVD prompt for anything?

4) If you ask AnyDVD not to remove Blu-ray regions codes, does it still prompt, and if not, do the problem go away then?

From what I read here, the problem may likely be the region code prompt, and not autoplay....

Back