• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.0.5.0 Official

Adbear, I want to believe that works but so far it only works in the UK :)

BS again. If you want this fixed, open a troubleshooting thread. This is way off topic here.

You are right, James, I should start a new thread And you did note that it was a possible problem. Thanks for your comment ;)

7.0.5.0 2012 07 11
- New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new BD+ protection
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new Java based protection
- New (Blu-ray): Added dialog to ignore the "VerifyTitleKeys failed" error
- New (DVD): Support for new copy protections
- New: Added PowerDVD 11 & 12 version information to logfile
- Change (Blu-ray): Processor with SSE no longer required for certain discs
- Change (Blu-ray): Removed "A, B & C" selection from Blu-ray region code settings.
They only confused people.
- Fix (Blu-ray): Incorrect region code detection with some discs
- Fix: Installer didn't set correct user permissions
- Fix: Drive sense codes were not forwarded correctly
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Download here.
Hello, Can you tell me why the region code has been removed, now I have selected "automatic" but I have every insertion of a media pop up asking me the region

Removed for a good reason

Hello, Can you tell me why the region code has been removed, now I have selected "automatic" but I have every insertion of a media pop up asking me the region

What didn't you understand with the reason given about the options confusing too many people?

How often do you process BDs NOT from your region?
So, since your players are probably all mapped for your region why bother removing a region that is not a problem for your players. Turn the option OFF.

Hi Frank,
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this is not the case, I have in my collection a lot of movies that are so imports with region codes are different and this feature was really valuable and many people around me are in the same situation.

But if the region codes are different on the discs then you need to keep changing it for each disc so I don't see how it's any different than having the automatic setting and having to tell it the region if it asks.

Hi Frank,
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this is not the case, I have in my collection a lot of movies that are so imports with region codes are different and this feature was really valuable and many people around me are in the same situation.

Then what's the point in a fixed setting A, B or C? You'd have to change that every time you insert a different region.
Now, you either set automatic, or, if you want to avoid the query, disable region code removal, until you insert a disc that will not play with the region of your player. Same thing, just more logical.

If AnyDVD doesn't know, it asks you. If you left it at a fixed region, you have a 33.3% chance to have it wrong. If you only use discs from one region (like most people), disable region code removal.

Just to follow up on that BD+ local database access problem. 7.0.5.1 is working. For the first time AnyDVD used the local database on the first scan of a BD+ disc.

I'm still dealing with antivirus problems in parallel so not sure what was to blame. But it's working now, thanks for all the comments :)

BTW, You Gurus have still left everyone, especially me, completely confused about region code choices. My current theory is that if you select the region you are in, you will usually be ok. But if the disk is from another region and you select the wrong region, it has a problem? But if you leave the region code installed it may not play on another regions player? Still very foggy about all this ;)

Edit: IE, my goal is to just have a region free backup copy. How do you make sure the backup is region free?

Last edited:
It's simple, you choose the region of the disc, not the region you are in or the region the player is set to, so if the disc is region A you choose A, if it's B then B, etc

BTW, You Gurus have still left everyone, especially me, completely confused about region code choices. My current theory is that if you select the region you are in, you will usually be ok.
Nope. Only if the disc you insert happens to match the region you are in.

But if the disk is from another region and you select the wrong region, it has a problem? But if you leave the region code installed it may not play on another regions player? Still very foggy about all this ;)
As Adbear said (and the interactive help - right mouse button - and the region selection dialog) - you must set it to (one of) the region(s) of you *DISC*. Not the region you are in. Not the player. Not the region of your friend's player. The *DISC*. The region is usually printed on the package or the disc itself.

Edit: IE, my goal is to just have a region free backup copy. How do you make sure the backup is region free?
Stupid question: Why? You are in region A, use region A discs, why remove the region check at all?
Removing the disc region can be a very intrusive process. It will disable BD-Live. Just in case you wonder, why it is gone.
It will read & re-sign all .jar files. It will replace the disc certificate. It will do a lot of things on Java discs. I'm confident our code works 100%, but if you do a lot of things, there is still a slight chance you can do something wrong.
Not to mention, that doing a lot of things will take a considerable amount of time.

Nope. Only if the disc you insert happens to match the region you are in.

Removing the disc region can be a very intrusive process. It will disable BD-Live. Just in case you wonder, why it is gone.
It will read & re-sign all .jar files. It will replace the disc certificate. It will do a lot of things on Java discs. I'm confident our code works 100%, but if you do a lot of things, there is still a slight chance you can do something wrong.
Not to mention, that doing a lot of things will take a considerable amount of time.

Thanks, James. I was suspicious of that. AnyDVD is not meant to re-author the disc. Especially to chase region demons. If I have any problem with the original I just strip the movie with BD-Rebuilder and forget the rest.

Just to clarify, you do still need AnyDVDHD to decode the disk in the first step, you still need AnyDVDHD to back up a blu-ray disc, but don't expect it to re-author your disk and that is not goal of AnyDVDHD ;)

I am still very confused though regarding regions. You Gurus should have a meeting and post your conclusions in an organized fashion :)

Last edited:
I am still very confused though regarding regions. You Gurus should have a meeting and post your conclusions in an organized fashion :)
Huh? Nothing to organize.
You want to remove the region code check? Set AnyDVD to automatic region code removal, and specify the region of the *DISC* if - and only if - AnyDVD asks you.
You don't know or care about regions? You disable region code removal (which, by the way, is AnyDVD's default setting).

I was setting removing region code and disabling BD-Live as the default, and was confused why some BDs (all region A) were unplayable using PowerDVD 10 (the software player that was bundled with the computer Bluray drive when I purchased it). I "solved" my issue by trial and error by not selecting region code removal and disabling BD-Live, but it is nice to have it confirmed that removing region code and/or disabling BD-Live can cause issues with some discs. Thanks James.

I have noticed that when you select remove annoying adverts and trailers that remove region code gets auto selected. Deselecting to remove the region code auto-deselects removing annoying adverts and trailers. Selecting remove video sequences shorter than... does not select remove region code. Is this normal behavior? Is it possible to remove annoying clips without removing the region code?

but it is nice to have it confirmed that removing region code and/or disabling BD-Live can cause issues with some discs. Thanks James.
No, just for the record, I won't confirm this. I never have seen this happen myself.

I have noticed that when you select remove annoying adverts and trailers that remove region code gets auto selected. Deselecting to remove the region code auto-deselects removing annoying adverts and trailers. Selecting remove video sequences shorter than... does not select remove region code. Is this normal behavior?
Yes.
Is it possible to remove annoying clips without removing the region code?
No. That's why it is normal behavior (see above).

Back