• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.0.5.0 Official

George++

7.0.5.0 2012 07 11
- New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new BD+ protection
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new Java based protection
- New (Blu-ray): Added dialog to ignore the "VerifyTitleKeys failed" error
- New (DVD): Support for new copy protections
- New: Added PowerDVD 11 & 12 version information to logfile
- Change (Blu-ray): Processor with SSE no longer required for certain discs
- Change (Blu-ray): Removed "A, B & C" selection from Blu-ray region code settings.
They only confused people.
- Fix (Blu-ray): Incorrect region code detection with some discs
- Fix: Installer didn't set correct user permissions
- Fix: Drive sense codes were not forwarded correctly
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Download here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks, guys, I do still maintain that no BD+ Keys are ever included with any updates, ever single BD+ Key is real time as you get it.

Cool, thanks, guys, I do still maintain that no BD+ Keys are ever included with any updates, ever single BD+ Key is real time as you get it.
There are two separate BD+ key databases--the built-in database (BDPHash.bin) and the Online Protection Database (OPD). I'll let the SlySoft folks say which one takes precedence, but even if it's the OPD (AFAIK likely) they still must update BDPHash.bin from time to time for those users who do not connect their PCs to the Internet (i.e., HTPCs intentionally isolated for security reasons). Apparently they're also using BDPHash.bin, and probably the OPD, for Screen Pass updates as well.

The current BDPHash.bin version is listed (in YY-MM-DD format, with letter suffix if necessary) on the Information tab, and after a disc is inserted at the top of the scan window. On my machine, this update did not appear to change the BDPHash.bin version (12-07-03); but I updated from the last beta (7.0.4.7), and I suspect you did too. BDPHash.bin was updated by either that beta or one just before it; this release should update that file for those who install only release versions, as one of the SlySoft guys recently recommended here. (I still install betas from this forum, but I've done that for years; I understand the risks.)

SlySoft release notes (release or beta) list all cumulative changes since the last release version, so the changes listed here could have appeared in any beta since the last release (7.0.4.0); that too is for the benefit of those who install only release versions.

You can believe that as much as you like, still doesn't make it true, Peer (Slysoft developer) has already told you this and I've just tested on a clean install of Windows with no internet connection and it removes BD+ off all the BD+ discs I've tested it with so far, it only needs to connect with newer discs if they aren't included in the latest BDPhash.bin

Last edited:
Region A/R1

You can believe that as much as you like, still doesn't make it true, Peer (Slysoft developer) has already told you this and I've just tested on a clean install of Windows with no internet connection and it removes BD+ off all the BD+ discs I've tested it with so far, it only needs to connect with newer discs if they aren't included in the latest BDPhash.bin

Thanks for that input, Adbear. There must be something else going on at my end. I started keeping the status info and the last 5 BD+ disks had to go online to get the keys the first time. 2 of them have been released for around 2 years. So far, I have never seen a BD+ key accessed locally the first time.

Maybe Norton AV is doing something strange and not fully allowing access to the hashbin? I do keep up with the AnyDVDHD revs, so I know that's not the problem. It's also possible that there is a variety of BD+ Keys for the same titles, and it just so happens that alll the ones I am seeing are actually new to the installed hashbin, but that's hard to believe.

Last edited:
On my machine, this update did not appear to change the BDPHash.bin version (12-07-03); but I updated from the last beta (7.0.4.7), and I suspect you did too.

Hi RBBrittain. Thanks for your input. The 12-07-03 BDPHash.bin version was installed with AnyDVDHD 7.0.5 on my machine. I had some earlier versions of the BD+ hashbin but 2012 anyway.

But I don't think the hashbin version or AnyDVDHD version is the problem. I have a feeling that NAV is blocking this file for some reason. I have even disabled NAV but haven't uninstalled it yet and still the same problem.

Attached is an example. This title has been out on blu-ray since 2009.

BTW, if you select "create logfile" this will never show up (if AnyDVDHD has access to the online db) because AnyDVDHD has already scanned the disk at least once and downloaded keys if necessary, before the log files are created.

Attachments

• SilenceOfTheLamb_Matshita_BDPLUS_scan1.txt
    559 bytes · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi RBBrittain. Thanks for your input. The 12-07-03 BDPHash.bin version was installed with AnyDVDHD 7.0.5 on my machine. I had some earlier versions of the BD+ hashbin but 2012 anyway.

But I don't think the hashbin version or AnyDVDHD version is the problem. I have a feeling that NAV is blocking this file for some reason. I have even disabled NAV but haven't uninstalled it yet and still the same problem.

BTW, if you select "create logfile" this will never show up (if AnyDVDHD has access to the online db) because AnyDVDHD has already scanned the disk at least once and downloaded keys if necessary, before the log files are created.

Code:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.4.0, BDPHash.bin 12-04-27)
Huh? This isn't 7.0.5.0

Code:
Huh? This isn't 7.0.5.0
This sounds like a bad install, especially on Vista & up (where new files copied to a Program Files directory can sometimes be diverted elsewhere without the right permissions). Are you getting a UAC prompt? Or if XP, are you logged in as an administrator?

Code:
Huh? This isn't 7.0.5.0

Yes, that's true. That scan happened before 7.0.5 was released. But my question is, why does AnyDVDHD download BD+ keys online the first time no matter how old the blu-ray release is?

This sounds like a bad install, especially on Vista & up (where new files copied to a Program Files directory can sometimes be diverted elsewhere without the right permissions). Are you getting a UAC prompt? Or if XP, are you logged in as an administrator?

I'm using XP with an admin account in Region A/1. What is the default directory that the BDPHash.bin file should be in? Mine is in "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD". Xp doesn't show a version number for BDPHash.bin, but XP reports it was last updated July 19th (today) on my HDD. Also, after downloading the keys the first time, it always uses the "local database" for all following scans and doesn't have a problem with that.
TIA.

PS The file size on my HDD for BDPHash.bin is about 3.83MB if that helps. and I have 7.0.5.0 installed now with a current ANYDVDHD license. AnyDVDHD status window now shows (AnyDVD HD 7.0.5.0, BDPHash.bin 12-07-03). But that Hash version does the same thing. i.e. always downloads BD+ keys online the first time. AnyDVDHD never uses the local database for a BD+ protected disk on the first scan on my machine, according to the status window; all subsequent scans show access to the local database.

Last edited:

Adbear, The region difference still bothers me too, you're in the UK and I'm in the USA. Not so much region codes on the disk but possible policy differnces with regions by other parties for other reasons ;)

PS you mentioned that some disks accessed the internet. Are you sure others didn't sneak in while you were not looking?

Edit: Most likely it's a problem on my end and could be region related.

Last edited:
How can they if I don't have the system connected to the internet, plus the region makes no difference when I'm using discs from your region, the BD+ is still the same and so is the region removal, other region differences to the system make no difference to the removal of BD+ and region off the Blu-ray disc, I think you're just clutching at straws

How can they if I don't have the system connected to the internet, plus the region makes no difference when I'm using discs from your region, the BD+ is still the same and so is the region removal, other region differences to the system make no difference to the removal of BD+ and region off the Blu-ray disc, I think you're just clutching at straws

Thanks for your feedback, Adbear. I am not sure why this happening I just know it is happening on my machine.

BD+ keys are always accessed online the first time.

The biggest diffence between you and I, besides your expertise with AnyDVDHD, is that you access AnyDVDHD from the UK and I access it from the USA.

PS BTW , I do not have a "lifetime license" it expires next month maybe that's the difference? And that's why I am asking about it. The limited license is supposed to cover old releases after AnyDVDHD license expires.

PPS, I do intend to renew, but this issue has left me wondering, :)

Last edited:
It makes no difference where in the world you use AnyDVD, it's the same program

Thanks for your feedback, Adbear. I am not sure why this happening I just know it is happening on my machine.

BD+ keys are always accessed online the first time.

The biggest diffence between you and I, besides your expertise with AnyDVDHD, is that you access AnyDVDHD from the UK and I access it from the USA.

PS BTW , I do not have a "lifetime license" it expires next month maybe that's the difference? And that's why I am asking about it. The limited license is supposed to cover old releases after AnyDVDHD license expires.

PPS, I do intend to renew, but this issue has left me wondering, :)

It makes no difference where in the world you use AnyDVD, it's the same program
The difference is in Adbear's previous quote:

How can they if I don't have the system connected to the internet...
As I said earlier, BDPHash.bin is necessary when your system is NOT connected to the Internet. If AnyDVD HD can't contact the OPD, it has no choice but to use BDPHash.bin.

IIRC my system (like Roycal, it IS connected to the Internet *and* is in the U.S.; unlike Roycal, it's a lifetime license) contacts the OPD upon first insertion of a new BD+ disc as well, but I'm pretty sure why that happens--to see if that disc's fix (hash, etc.) has been updated in the OPD since the BDPHash.bin was created. As hinted at in the built-in ISO ripper's "keep protection" option, sometimes SlySoft improves its fixes after the fact; if they didn't there's NO reason for that option. I'm sure this behavior is to maintain a balance between keeping users happy with up-to-date decryption and having every copy of AnyDVD HD contact SlySoft every time a disc is inserted (NOT only a privacy issue, but could also overload the OPD server and/or its Internet connection).

Edit: It may have to do with how many discs you have that use BD+, or more recently Screen Pass (that now uses at least BDPHash.bin as well, and probably the OPD also). Fox & MGM (both based here, of course) are the biggest users of BD+; Screen Pass is favored by independent distributors, mostly in Europe but starting to appear in the U.S. (Breaking Dawn). Discs that don't have BD+ or Screen Pass and have a supported MKB version should never need an update.

Last edited:
IIRC my system (like Roycal, it IS connected to the Internet *and* is in the U.S.) contacts the OPD upon first insertion of a new BD+ disc as well, but I'm pretty sure why that happens--to see if that disc's fix (hash, etc.) has been updated in the OPD since the BDPHash.bin was created.

Actually, no.
That's not how it's supposed to work - and I at least can't say that it does do this.

AnyDVD first checks the local DB. If there's nothing, it checks the BDPHash. And only if there is nothing either (or any of the previous resulted in broken data), the OPD is contacted and then the local DB updated.
So, point of interest: are you, RBBrittain, experiencing otherwise? And if so, what makes you think so? Do you see any unexpected traffic originating from AnyDVD?

The difference is in Adbear's previous quote:

As I said earlier, BDPHash.bin is necessary when your system is NOT connected to the Internet. If AnyDVD HD can't contact the OPD, it has no choice but to use BDPHash.bin.

IIRC my system (like Roycal, it IS connected to the Internet *and* is in the U.S.; unlike Roycal, it's a lifetime license) contacts the OPD upon first insertion of a new BD+ disc as well, but I'm pretty sure why that happens--to see if that disc's fix (hash, etc.) has been updated in the OPD since the BDPHash.bin was created. As hinted at in the built-in ISO ripper's "keep protection" option, sometimes SlySoft improves its fixes after the fact; if they didn't there's NO reason for that option. I'm sure this behavior is to maintain a balance between keeping users happy with up-to-date decryption and having every copy of AnyDVD HD contact SlySoft every time a disc is inserted (NOT only a privacy issue, but could also overload the OPD server and/or its Internet connection).

Edit: It may have to do with how many discs you have that use BD+, or more recently Screen Pass (that now uses at least BDPHash.bin as well, and probably the OPD also). Fox & MGM (both based here, of course) are the biggest users of BD+; Screen Pass is favored by independent distributors, mostly in Europe but starting to appear in the U.S. (Breaking Dawn). Discs that don't have BD+ or Screen Pass and have a supported MKB version should never need an update.
You need to go back and read the various posts about this issue, I disconnected my clean system from the net to prove that AnyDVD HD does have BD+ removal built in and that it doesn't need to connect to the internet for most discs, only those that aren't included in the BDPHash.bin file. I also don' see what difference it makes that you are in the USA, they haven't written anything special into the software that checks your region then goes 'oh they're in the USA so I have to connect online' that would be totally pointless as there's no need for it

Actually, no.
That's not how it's supposed to work - and I at least can't say that it does do this.

AnyDVD first checks the local DB. If there's nothing, it checks the BDPHash. And only if there is nothing either (or any of the previous resulted in broken data), the OPD is contacted and then the local DB updated.
So, point of interest: are you, RBBrittain, experiencing otherwise? And if so, what makes you think so? Do you see any unexpected traffic originating from AnyDVD?
That's why I prefaced it with "IIRC"; perhaps I'm only seeing newer movies not in the BDPHash. In any event, I haven't seen it happen after the initial insert. It's not important enough to me to bother with testing. ;):bowdown:

You need to go back and read the various posts about this issue, I disconnected my clean system from the net to prove that AnyDVD HD does have BD+ removal built in and that it doesn't need to connect to the internet for most discs, only those that aren't included in the BDPHash.bin file. I also don' see what difference it makes that you are in the USA, they haven't written anything special into the software that checks your region then goes 'oh they're in the USA so I have to connect online' that would be totally pointless as there's no need for it
You read where I mentioned no connection and the U.S. and mistakenly assumed I was on Roycal's side. (It was Roycal who suggested nationality was an issue; I agree that it's not.) I was defending your view; even with the OPD there is still a need for BDPHash--even assuming Roycal's & my observations were correct (and Peer's response suggests they're not).

Try unticking the setting for 'use online database' in the 'Program settings' section

Try unticking the setting for 'use online database' in the 'Program settings' section

Everyone, Thanks for all the feedback on this issue. I will try all these suggestions.

1. Untick (de-select) 'Use online database'.
2. Disconnect from the internet with the first scan of all future blu-ray disks.

I do believe the local database BD+ access should work, but just haven't seen the proof myself yet.

I have a feeling that RBBrittian is probably right that my machine is defaulting to look online first for some reason. But it only does this with BD+ keys, not AACS keys.

Thanks again, RBBrittain, I agree with you so far :)

ps It does make sense that BD+ keys would default to online access first, because of the revocability of the key by the original publishers.

Last edited:
Everyone, Thanks for all the feedback on this issue. I will try all these suggestions.

1. Untick (de-select) 'Use online database'.
2. Disconnect from the internet with the first scan of all future blu-ray disks.

I do believe the local database BD+ access should work, but just haven't seen the proof myself yet.

I have a feeling that RBBrittian is probably right that my machine is defaulting to look online first for some reason. But it only does this with BD+ keys, not AACS keys.

Thanks again, RBBrittain, I agree with you so far :)

ps It does make sense that BD+ keys would default to online access first, because of the revocability of the key by the original publishers.
Actually, Peer said it's NOT supposed to check the OPD on BD+ movies already in the current BDPHash. (Edit: It appears your updates didn't take for a few months either, leaving you with an older BDPHash that didn't have the most recent BD+ keys; that meant more BD+ discs forced to query the OPD.) And since AnyDVD HD has its own BD+ VM, it should ignore BD+ key revocation lists; IIRC the only revocation list that can affect it is the player-key list in the MKB, and that's only temporary. :p

Last edited:
Back