• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.0.5.0 Official

That's why I prefaced it with "IIRC"; perhaps I'm only seeing newer movies not in the BDPHash. In any event, I haven't seen it happen after the initial insert. It's not important enough to me to bother with testing.

I got the impression that you may be seeing the same thing I am from the quote above, but since you have a lifetime license, and works, it's not a concern for you.

Anyway, the first BD+ disk I tried with 7.0.5.0 just loops forever with "scanning disk" with no internet connection. It's a Jan 2012 release so could be too new, so reserving conclusions for now. My hashbin is always up to date with the latest major release, so I don't think that's a problem.

Just to clarify, once I allowed internet access the Jan 2012 release decoded ok, and I let AnyDVDHD 'scan' it for about 1/2 hour and re-inserted about 10 times before relenting to allow internet access.

BTW I do believe Adbear does not have this problem, I just don't know why yet. When troubleshooting any problem any differences between working and not working are possible solutions to the problem, no matter how unlikely they may be. That's why I brought up the region difference. Region difference is more than just the region set on a disk, it's also how you access the internet, the version of operating system you have and many other things. But so far all I know for sure (from Adbear) is that the UK does not have the problem.

Last edited:
BTW I do believe Adbear does not have this problem, I just don't know why yet. When troubleshooting any problem any differences between working and not working are possible solutions to the problem, no matter how unlikely they may be. That's why I brought up the region difference. Region difference is more than just the region set on a disk, it's also how you access the internet, the version of operating system you have and many other things.
Except the region I live in makes no difference, I'm using US discs, using the same program, the only difference in the operating system is that I use a UK keyboard, my local is still set to US and I'm sure you'll find there's pretty much no difference on how we connect to the internet in most place in the world to how you connect in the USA, I've even been using AnyDVD HD on my laptop when in the USA on Blu-ray discs, as I said before I really think you're just clutching at straws

Except the region I live in makes no difference, I'm using US discs, using the same program, the only difference in the operating system is that I use a UK keyboard, my local is still set to US and I'm sure you'll find there's pretty much no difference on how we connect to the internet in most place in the world to how you connect in the USA, I've even been using AnyDVD HD on my laptop when in the USA on Blu-ray discs, as I said before I really think you're just clutching at straws

Well, it must be something else then? All I know is on my machine in my country, BD+ keys are always downloaded first, they never access the local hashbin. And I really find it hard to believe that is a problem with my computer, so far.

BTW I have been all over the world, and the internet access is different in every country I've been in. China was a real challenge especially. The hotel was trying to hack into my AOL account which was the only access I had at the time ;)

Last edited:
It could just be that the discs are new and not in the database.

And yet I've been to various countries around the world including the USA and internet access was exactly the same in each, the hotel trying to hack into your account is not the same as standard access in that country

Last edited:
And yet I've been to various countries around the world including the USA and internet access was exactly the same in each, the hotel trying to hack into your account is not the same as standard access in that country

No worries, but exactly what kind internet access are you talking about in these various countries? Every country I have ever been to required a local ISP provider to access the internet. Even to dial up AOL from China. Please explain to me how you don't need that? :)

That is all beside the point though, which is why do BD+ keys seem to be held back from the local database ( in region A so far anyway) ?

Last edited:
No worries, but exactly what kind internet access are you talking about in these various countries? Every country I have ever been to required a local ISP provider to access the internet. Even to dial up AOL from China. Please explain to me how you don't need that? :)
and how is that different to the USA?

That is all beside the point though, which is why do BD+ keys seem to be held back from the local database ( in region A so far anyway) ?
My region A discs haven't been held back from the local database

Adbear, no worries, you have more credibilty than most. I just want to sort out all the claims and verify it.

AnyDVDHD is the best! But so far that "offline database" does not work that you claim it should. I still maintain that being in the UK you do have an unnatural advantage :)

Last edited:
Adbear, no worries, you have more credibilty than most. I just want to sort out all the claims and verify it.

AnyDVDHD is the best! But so far that "offline database" does not work that you claim it should. I still maintain that being in the UK you do have an unnatural advantage :)

And as I've pointed out multiple times, being in the UK has nothing to do with it, why would being in the UK give an advantage? I just don't follow your logic:bang:

No Kidding, George Washington was an "English guy" :)

Adbear, dont get mad at me because you British guys are so talented!

Kidding aside, though, this BDPHashbin is not working :)

Last edited:
Well if yours doesn't and yet it works for others it points towards your system

That's why I prefaced it with "IIRC"; perhaps I'm only seeing newer movies not in the BDPHash. In any event, I haven't seen it happen after the initial insert. It's not important enough to me to bother with testing.

Hi Adbear, This quote actually backs me up. The BD+ keys do not work offline the first time in the USA region A.

Just because no one is complaining about doesnt meant that this not a reality :) I am just asking questions and not necessarily complaining. But mostly I am worried that the BDPHashbin is not really what it should be. At least in Region A/1.

Last edited:
Did you actually read what he put, he states
RBBrittain said:
perhaps I'm only seeing newer movies not in the BDPHash
That doesn't prove anything other than he thinks it may only be with newer films that aren't in the database and that he hasn't tested to prove it either way

He also posted this
RBBrittain said:
You read where I mentioned no connection and the U.S. and mistakenly assumed I was on Roycal's side. (It was Roycal who suggested nationality was an issue; I agree that it's not.) I was defending your view; even with the OPD there is still a need for BDPHash--even assuming Roycal's & my observations were correct (and Peer's response suggests they're not).

Last edited:
Adbear, no worries. All I know is that BD+ does not work offline the first time in "Region A" and so far, RBBritian seems to verify that :)

But as I've already stated, the only difference between my systems and yours is the keyboard setting, even my system local is set to US

Adbear, I would love to help you figure out the problem But it is a problem. Most likely you Brits are priviledged as usual :)

Last edited:
But what you're saying makes no sense as you're implying that they've added code in that specifically says if you're in the US then it has to connect every time to get BD+ keys and I'm pretty sure they'd know if they'd added that code in

What ever it is, the fact remains that in the USA , BD+ codes are only available for download and it doesnt matter how long those codes have been out there. The BD+ codes are not available on the local BDPHash.bin the first time in Region A. At least not in the USA. You British guys can claim all you want, but this is not happening the Stateside in the USA ;)

No, it's just not working for you, I've just set up a system all as US, with no internet connection and my older US BD+ discs are decrypting fine, so unless you're trying to say that it's because my computer is physically outside the US even though it's set up fully as a US system with no internet connection, then I would say it's your system that's messed up

Last edited:
What ever it is, the fact remains that in the USA , BD+ codes are only available for download and it doesnt matter how long those codes have been out there. The BD+ codes are not available on the local BDPHash.bin the first time in Region A. At least not in the USA. You British guys can claim all you want, but this is not happening the Stateside in the USA

Sorry, but this is BS.
AnyDVD has no anti-US code inside. I believe you that it doesn't work for you (for reasons I don't understand, but useless anti virus / spyware / whatever ware is a good place to start looking), but this has nothing to do with your location or the disc region.

Back