• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.5.2.1 beta

How about you use real blu-ray drive, instead of using Elby clone drive. As slysoft member said before if you use image file you will very likely have problem.

Hi!

I create most of my ISOs from BR folder structures, and AnyDVD shows these "jar too big" error for about 20-30% of the ISOs (see some examples in the attached text)! When I burn these ISOs to BD-REs, they won't play back in a Panasonic BD30 standalone, while the others seem to work well. How Come?

Regards,
Martin

Because (as has been stated a few times in the forums) Panasonic players don't like it if the java files have been messed with, so at the moment they only work if when you rip it you don't tick remove region code and don't remove BD-live

Hi!

I create most of my ISOs from BR folder structures, and AnyDVD shows these "jar too big" error for about 20-30% of the ISOs (see some examples in the attached text)! When I burn these ISOs to BD-REs, they won't play back in a Panasonic BD30 standalone, while the others seem to work well. How Come?

Regards,
Martin

You did read this, didn't you?

Note: if you let AnyDVD HD process a previously ripped ISO image and it needs to alter JAR files there, you will almost certainly run into this effect.

Note: if you let AnyDVD HD process a previously ripped ISO image and it needs to alter JAR files there, you will almost certainly run into this effect.

Can someone please explain that for me?
I simply don't get the meaning out of it and draw a conclusion for future use of AnyDVD.

Thank you!
BurnerHEAD

Can someone please explain that for me?
I simply don't get the meaning out of it and draw a conclusion for future use of AnyDVD.

Thank you!
BurnerHEAD

What's not to understand? You ripped a Blu-ray, you use this ISO, AnyDVD now needs to alter a .jar - boom! Problem.

Peer did explain the cause of the problem. I thought it was actually quite detailed.

The moral of the story is to create protected ISO images and let AnyDVD HD remove the protections when you mount them rather than removing the protection when you initially rip them.

Well, it even needs to alter the original BD-Disc.
Yes, which usually isn't a problem (we discussed this, didn't we?).
If you mount an already altered image AnyDVD wants to alter it again (twice).
Again, no big deal (as it already has been altered).

But what you described, seems to me as AnyDVD only wants to alter it twice because it has not been successfully altered it the first time.

But what you described, seems to me as AnyDVD only wants to alter it twice because it has not been successfully altered it the first time.
No. AnyDVD doesn't know if it was altered.

If you're using unprotected ISO's then you're better off disabling AnyDVD HD when playing them back

No. AnyDVD doesn't know if it was altered.
But why doesn't AnyDVD just save the correct .jar File in the .ISO, when ripping the BD?

I still don't understand it correctly, but I think it's getting a great deal of annoyance for you. So I guess I'm about to stop it.

Last edited:
It would help if you read the answers to your questions. AnyDVD DOES save the "correct" jars. The problem is, when you mount an image on a virtual drive that AnyDVD is set to process on, it doesn't know the jars have been previously modified. And because you still have the options set in AnyDVD to process those jars, it will try to reprocess them. There's no way for AnyDVD to know that the jars were previously pocessed. So, do as Adbear suggested and disable AnyDVD for your virtual drive if you are making unprotected images. This will stop AnyDVD from trying to reprocess the jars. End of discussion.

AnyDVD doesn't know if it was altered.

Stupid question: Why doesn't AnyDVD know it?

Jep, just disabled it, as you recommended.
I never complained about something not working.
It just has awaken my vested interest.

I know myself, that I'm annoying. Sorry for that.
BurnerHEAD

Okay I give up on that.

But WHY is there a dependency between the 2 checkboxes of Removing BD-Live and the Region code?
(I described that thing earlier)

Because on most discs if you remove region code and leave BD-Live on it stops the copy from working

This is the last answer I'm giving. The dependency on BD Live and region code is because to remove region code you have to modify the jars. If you remove BD Live you have to modify the jars. The jars have to be resigned once you modify them. So if you modify them for one, the other feature won't work. The two are linked due to technical issues with modifying jar files on the disc. It's as simple as that.

I know that new users don't have the experience of reading as many posts and so they are given maybe a little more slack. They aren't given that much slack, however. Posters who have posted throughout the forums are expected to have done some reading and searching. The direct connection between BD-Live and region codes has been discussed since James linked the two which has been for awhile now.

People, please, seriously, take the time to read things and search. Answering and re-answering the same questions leads to both a waste of time and people getting annoyed. There are many people who have been members for ages who never post questions because they find their answers without ever having to post because they do read a lot and search for answers. Members with post counts in the hundreds are held to a higher standard.

Last edited:
Back