• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.5.2.1 beta

hi!

I'm having the same issues here.

BD is "Room 1408" and after having ripped it to my harddisc it still contains the JAVA errors.

But when I ripped it to harddisc the status window said before that it repaired something, but when you look at the code, it doesn't seem to be repaired now.

Thank you!
BurnerHEAD

Code:
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.5.1.9)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4 
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24379328 sectors (47615 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ROOM_1408_BD
Media is not AACS protected.
Can't determine region code!
MFR: File 00000.jar is too big! Sectors available: 829, Sectors required: 830
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!

Lemme guess...you ripped it with a whole bunch of options set to remove protection and are mounting it with VCD with AnyDVD enabled for the virtual drive?

I only have AnyDVD enabled when I use this BD, because it still contains these errors after having it ripped.

The other BDs work fine, so I don't need AnyDVD.

But most of the time it's running continual.

BurnerHEAD

Do you get the error on the original? If so, post a log. Logs from images are useless.

hi!

Jep, I get the error on the original BD too.

But maybe the studios made this error.

BurnerHEAD

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.1.9)
OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S 1.C0 MAR05,2008
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Video Blu-ray label: ZIMMER_1408_BD
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc Region set to B!
Removed UOPs!

Last edited:
sorry for the delay. Had to cut informations out.

I will delete the log after you downloaded it.

The log isn't for me. It's for the developers. Like the other poster with this problem, uncheck the disable BD Live option and see if the error goes away.

The error is gone.

But the region code isn't removed anymore, because disabling BD-Live removal will always disable region code removal.

BurnerHEAD

Yea, I'm aware of that. I'm just trying to narrow down the problem for the developers to look into. I'm convinced it's with either the region coding removal or BD Live disabling code. The jars are modified in both cases. So there's a bug they need to fix. Hence why the logs are needed.

Okay, jep there's a dependency between these two options. Click one, the others turn on. click the other, it goes both off.

How can you remove that dependency?

Last edited:
You don't. They're linked for a reason. They're not independent.

hi!

Jep, I get the error on the original BD too.

But maybe the studios made this error.

BurnerHEAD

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.1.9)
OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S 1.C0 MAR05,2008
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Video Blu-ray label: ZIMMER_1408_BD
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc Region set to B!
Removed UOPs!

I'm sorry for hopping into this discussion so late, otherwise you could have saved yourself a lot of confusion and guessing.

What you're experiencing here is a very rare situation, it applies to only two discs I know of (I think the other one was the bonus disc of Dark Knight? Not sure).

It's simple: if you have any option enabled, that will require AnyDVD HD to alter JAR files, the problem might arise, that AnyDVD is unable to allocate enough space for the altered version of a JAR file, if it is larger than the original (which hardly ever happens, usually it's smaller).
Currently AnyDVD tries to place the new JAR file where the original was before.
We'll change that behavior soon and make AnyDVD reallocate space on the disc automatically, so this can no longer happen.

Note: if you let AnyDVD HD process a previously ripped ISO image and it needs to alter JAR files there, you will almost certainly run into this effect.

So, you want me to wait 'til a new version of AnyDVD is coming out and rip the BD again to my harddisc?

Well, I have 6 BDs and this one contains the errors, so it's not that rare for me, if you study statistcs it's 16,6 %.
And well the other user is having that problem, too.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

So, you want me to wait 'til a new version of AnyDVD is coming out and rip the BD again to my harddisc?

Well, I have 6 BDs and this one contains the errors, so it's not that rare for me, if you study statistcs it's 16,6 %.

As a matter of fact, I actually have a degree in statistics and all the other numbers related stuff and having said that, I'd hardly call 6 BDs a "representative sample" ;)

So why don't you just believe me (who has done testing with several hundred BDs so far) when I tell you that it is an extremely rare problem.

But why am I arguing? I already said, we're working on this.

Okay, I didn't want to be at odds with you.

I believe that's it's rare problem, but well I do have it.

If you studied statistics than you will know, that if you have rolled the dice 5-times and didn't roll any six in the first 5-times, that there's is no necessity that the 6th roll of the dice has to be a six.
It even happens that out of 20 times rolling the dice, there's no six at all, while statistically every 6th roll has to be one.

Great to hear, that you're working on it.

Optimistic,
BurnerHEAD

If you studied statistics than you will know, that if you have rolled the dice 5-times and didn't roll any six in the first 5-times, that there's is no necessity that the 6th roll of the dice has to be a six.
It even happens that out of 20 times rolling the dice, there's no six at all, while statistically every 6th roll has to be one.

Optimistic,
BurnerHEAD
Talking about statistics - in all known cases where this problem appears, it doesn't do any harm. So the best thing to do at the moment is to ignore this error and feel happy.

Optimistic,
BurnerHEAD

There's probability, and there's statistics. Neither says the 6th has more or less chance to be anything in particular, let alone be a six.

Look at it this way, you're having it, but probably hundreds or thousands of others (including me) aren't :D. It's called confirmation bias. You'll only notice when it happens to you and think it's more common than it is. Like the lottery guy who thinks choosing his "lucky numbers" worked this time. Or palm reading, astrology, etc.

I'm sorry for hopping into this discussion so late, otherwise you could have saved yourself a lot of confusion and guessing.

What you're experiencing here is a very rare situation, it applies to only two discs I know of (I think the other one was the bonus disc of Dark Knight? Not sure).

It's simple: if you have any option enabled, that will require AnyDVD HD to alter JAR files, the problem might arise, that AnyDVD is unable to allocate enough space for the altered version of a JAR file, if it is larger than the original (which hardly ever happens, usually it's smaller).
Currently AnyDVD tries to place the new JAR file where the original was before.
We'll change that behavior soon and make AnyDVD reallocate space on the disc automatically, so this can no longer happen.

Note: if you let AnyDVD HD process a previously ripped ISO image and it needs to alter JAR files there, you will almost certainly run into this effect.

Hi!

I create most of my ISOs from BR folder structures, and AnyDVD shows these "jar too big" error for about 20-30% of the ISOs (see some examples in the attached text)! When I burn these ISOs to BD-REs, they won't play back in a Panasonic BD30 standalone, while the others seem to work well. How Come?

Regards,
Martin

Attachments

• jar too big.txt
    5 KB · Views: 17
Back