• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.3.9 beta

Have a look at the end of the second article.

Anyway, maybe not the same format but somehow funny that CH-DVD was said to be first announced in July 2005 at Tsinghua CD-ROM National Engineering Research Center.

http://stor-age.zdnet.com.cn/stor-age/2007/0907/495410.shtml (can be translated with google)
I did look at the end of the second article, that's where it's referencing to the comments made in the first article, but no reference made to any new statements

I did look at the end of the second article, that's where it's referencing to the comments made in the first article, but no reference made to any new statements

Perhaps moving away from original topic (AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.3.9 beta) but the point here is that the post by "Conundrum" was somehow right about a format by the name of Red-Ray announced long before the now officially baptized CH-DVD. Given the references and this region's historical facts they are probably related.

back on topic

CH-DVD ? where did you find CH-dvds?
>>totally off-topic<<
China, Japan, Korea, Russia, and a few other places are starting to carry titles with the firmware updates on them for HD-DVD players that need them. Stay away from the wikipedia articles and use Google to read about it. The wikipedia articles was taken over by pro-B***** people who are trying to suppress the information about the generally-compatible CHD disc. See the HDDVD article's history for the last three editors (myself included) who have tried to tie the CHD and HD-DVD articles together. They are identical to HD-DVD except that it supports more codecs, not different codecs. AnyDVD-HD picks them up as HD-DVD discs. (thanks Sly :D)
HKFlix and YesAsia have been having them on-and-off for over a month now. They're still rare to find but sell well when available. Kind of like HVD; or VCD in the west.
>><<
QUOTE=Tattenbach;116039]Perhaps moving away from original topic (AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.3.9 beta) but the point here is that the post by "Conundrum" was somehow right about a format by the name of Red-Ray announced long before the now officially baptized CH-DVD. Given the references and this region's historical facts they are probably related.[/QUOTE]I believe you're referring to HVD, a high-resolution, lower-bitrate HD format, that is also available. It uses standard DVDs and is playable on any computer with a simple update, or on standalone HVD players.

Back to point; this solved the stutter issues on Bucket List, and Big Rig, not the others. F'n Sony crap format. :bang:

Last edited:
>>totally off-topic<<
China, Japan, Korea, Russia, and a few other places are starting to carry titles with the firmware updates on them for HD-DVD players that need them. Stay away from the wikipedia articles and use Google to read about it. The wikipedia articles was taken over by pro-B***** people who are trying to suppress the information about the generally-compatible CHD disc. See the HDDVD article's history for the last three editors (myself included) who have tried to tie the CHD and HD-DVD articles together. They are identical to HD-DVD except that it supports more codecs, not different codecs. AnyDVD-HD picks them up as HD-DVD discs. (thanks Sly :D)
HKFlix and YesAsia have been having them on-and-off for over a month now. They're still rare to find but sell well when available. Kind of like HVD; or VCD in the west.
>><<
QUOTE=Tattenbach;116039]Perhaps moving away from original topic (AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.3.9 beta) but the point here is that the post by "Conundrum" was somehow right about a format by the name of Red-Ray announced long before the now officially baptized CH-DVD. Given the references and this region's historical facts they are probably related.
I believe you're referring to HVD, a high-resolution, lower-bitrate HD format, that is also available. It uses standard DVDs and is playable on any computer with a simple update, or on standalone HVD players.

Back to point; this solved the stutter issues on Bucket List, and Big Rig, not the others. F'n Sony crap format. :bang:[/QUOTE]
Sorry about being off topic, Its cool CHDVD is moving forward, I hadn't heard anything about it. Now I curious about other specs like spound and picture but I'll let that go.
Red-ray DVD flies the flag for China (May 27th 2008 )

The entertainment industry has just got out of a costly format war.
No matter what they arent going to start another one.

In the world market for movies china is pretty insignificant, the movie industry doesnt really care what china does. China is a cheap manufacturing country, not a consumer.
They dont pay for movies and software, they pirate them.

The entertainment industry has just got out of a costly format war.
No matter what they arent going to start another one.

In the world market for movies china is pretty insignificant, the movie industry doesnt really care what china does. China is a cheap manufacturing country, not a consumer.
They dont pay for movies and software, they pirate them.
It would make senses then for China to have their own format, one that couldn't be used elsewhere.
So if China is CH-dvd and the rest of the world is blu-ray it cuts down on the pirate copies flowing out of China.

Anyways I see we have a new full version to work with :D

I just push because 90%-99% of what I PAY to watch comes from Asia. China first, then India, Japan, Korea, and Russia.... There are currently no "true-to-intention" companies in the west that release unmodified Asian films on B*.

Back