• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.0.0

In theory, yes. Practically, it sucks.
Off topic: In fact, IMHO PowerDVD sucks big time for standard DVD playback, e.g. it refuses to work with ReClock, it cannot Zoom / Scale the picture, the Dolby ProLogic IIx decoder is broken, it is incredibly bloated. Unfortunately there isn't much choice for HD media, but for standard DVDs there are much better solutions.

Hmm I've not had a need for ReClock. I have found PowerDVD since version 6 or even 5 to be a good player, especially compared to other retail competitors like WinDVD, which always sucked for me. It does everything just pretty well, I think. I agree about the bloat though, and the constant trojan-horsing of several startup entries, which has grown to four in the last updates.

So what version do you recommend? 3730? I think I'm still using 3319a...

I recommend whatever works for you. I'm using 3730a right now but there are reports of some audio issues with it. I need to do more of my own testing with it this weekend to see if I'm affected by it. But on new titles you will definitely find that 3319a doesn't quite make it anymore. Any profile 1.1 title will likely have issues. At the very least the profile 1.1 features won't work. If you're comfortable with 3319a and have no problems, you can safely hold off upgrading to a newer release until you do. Just make sure to download EVERY new version that Cyberlink releases and hold on to the installer. You never know when it'll come in handy. :)

How likely is it for new FOX titles to work with the new version of Anydvd? Will it properly remove BD+ ? (never mind Hitman, I am referring to the titles released within the next few weeks, such as Alvin and the Chipmunks, Juno, AVP2, etc).

Or is it likely that for each new FOX title Slysoft needs to look at the disc and release an update?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Couldnt find any proper answers as of yet.

That question can't be accurately answered until the titles come out. It seems "likely" that once the Hitman issue is fixed that it'll work on titles in the near future as far as I can tell, but, that is by no means guaranteed by anyone. Nonetheless, if there is a problem, you can bet they'll lock Peer and James in the "company dungeon" until it's fixed. :D (Their words, not mine! :))

Yes, and it looks promising, but IMHO it is miles away from being usable.

Only miles if you think that patching mplayer svn to get eac3 and then figuring out which particular command lines will work for each EVO ;)

Seriously though, mplayer is what I use and it is usable if painful. I think I'd be more inclined to set up a dual booting mythtv frontend if I thought that the Win32 players were solid (are there any Win64 players?). Are the incantations to get powerdvd et. al. working reasonably that much simpler than those for mplayer? I suppose I'm biased because my primary desktops have been linux for over a decade now and I occasionally build & manage real software.

Last edited:
Seriously though, mplayer is what I use and it is usable if painful. I think I'd be more inclined to set up a dual booting mythtv frontend if I thought that the Win32 players were solid (are there any Win64 players?). Are the incantations to get powerdvd et. al. working reasonably that much simpler than those for mplayer? I suppose I'm biased because my primary desktops have been linux for over a decade now and I occasionally build & manage real software.

Several buggy intermediate versions exempt, I'd say, it can't be much easier than it is. Install PowerDVD and run. Don't know of any incantations, really... (I'm biased myself - did work with Linux a while and for me it was pure pain ;) )

Sure - having AnyDVD HD running along helps a lot with moving some boulders out of the way, like HDCP requirements and region codes :)

In case you haven't seen it, Gnome 2.22 have MythTV frontend in Totem (movie player) out-of-the-box.
http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.22/

Lots of screenshots in that link :)

Ubuntu 8.04 and Fedora 9 which both are released next month have Gnome 2.22.

Could be of interest?

I recommend whatever works for you. I'm using 3730a right now but there are reports of some audio issues with it. I need to do more of my own testing with it this weekend to see if I'm affected by it. But on new titles you will definitely find that 3319a doesn't quite make it anymore. Any profile 1.1 title will likely have issues. At the very least the profile 1.1 features won't work. If you're comfortable with 3319a and have no problems, you can safely hold off upgrading to a newer release until you do. Just make sure to download EVERY new version that Cyberlink releases and hold on to the installer. You never know when it'll come in handy. :)

Yeah, I've been starting to do that. I think I missed a few though. Oh well, I have the most important ones. :)

I just read this post, and I think it explains in a good way why Slysoft shouldn't give away their BD+ work for free (make an open source version).

the few responses in this thread is an excellent example of why things of this nature are not public, since all ppl do is whine: why isnt it out?
why cant i have it?
whoever spent all their own time investigating such stuff owes it to the world to give it to everyone for free!

the next time you see someone who has spent their time restoring an old car from a dump back into showroom shine, ask them why they are not out on the street giving ppl free rides in it everyday.

as for "design ideas" not belong to anyone, have you ever heard of the word "designer"? what about research and design groups that spend years and countless dollars designing a process or item. should all those years and dollars be ignored? if there were no way of making back the time and money spent, then such endeavors would not occur.

ill end my little rant here by saying that i am not a big fan of the idea of patents on things that anyone could think up and do. but i also do not expect to get for free that which i could not design or make.

why is it always those who have nothing to offer that expect so much for free?

A comment by the xbox hacker loser from xboxhacker.net

I just read this post, and I think it explains in a good way why Slysoft shouldn't give away their BD+ work for free (make an open source version).

If you happen to be referring to the e-p33n contest at another forum . . . uhh, I mean discussion . . . this is the reason why you won't see Anydvd on Linux:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=30962&postcount=9

and click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=97100&postcount=8 as well

Regardless, I don't believe you need to worry about Slysoft giving away their BD+ virtual machine code for free. Slysoft is, indeed, a business--but one that is very fair: existing customers were not charged an upgrade fee. You can't make money by not charging anything. Slysoft did not gouge its existing customer base. :clap:

The fact is some people feel that anything that isn't freeware or "cheap" (which is a relative term) is an insult to the online community. Some people go as far as to lie and suggest Slysoft stole from the online community. The fact is Anydvd HD is the most versatile decrypter available to the Windows OS despite Anydvd's small size and the tiny amount of system resources it uses--and the developers produced Anydvd on their own without having to steal code.

And yet another decrypter that I won't name . . . ah nevermind . . .

But the lies and negative commentary that is espoused concerning Slysoft are just mindboggling. :(

Last edited:
Thank you SlySoft for AnyDVD HD 6.4

Finally I am able to take my Ronin Blu-Ray UK BD+ release and create a disc I can play in my PS3. I paid $35 for the movie and I don't know why they prevent us from watching them on any Blu-ray player. I don't have my PC integrated into my Home Theater system so I have been waiting to create a copy of my own disc that I can watch on my 50" Plasma. Thank you SlySoft.

S Foster

You don't have to think again.
You all downloaded our PC and XBOX games once we released them.
I can see why Slysoft doesn't want to talk to you then!
If slysoft ever plans to make it's own media player and want to run it on a xbox 360, some doors are open people just need to look harder.
Probably not going to happen, unless Microsoft releases a BD-drive for the XBOX.
No, we started around the time, when the first BD+ titles showed up (FF4 ROTSS, IIRC), which was released in October + time to ship the disc.
So I think it is 3 months on "reduced manpower" (resources shared with other projects, like "AI scanner") plus 2 months "full power" after the HD DVD demise.

I am not sure why we wrote "it took 8 month compared to 10 years as predicted by Richard Doherty" in the press release. With an undocumented "security by obscurity" specification we certainly couldn't start before seeing BD+ for the first time in action, could we?
No, but BD+ was still out to be used for those months! So you cracked it 8 months after disc publishers were told how to use it, and probably like 2-3 months after BD players could handle the discs themselves! :D

Also, you couldn't have cracked it without first cracking AACS... oh wait, I'll give myself a headache if I go around and around in a circle like this now! Still my congratulations to you and the team, should I ever decide to take a trip to Antigua the drinks are on me (and then I'll desert your island and go and see some of the real tourist-attracting countries, like Panoma)! Aw, now I do want a holiday! :bang:

Congratulations again to Slysoft! :clap: I have very much enjoyed seeing your impressive progress in defeating the "next-generation" "copy protections". :D

RE: Slinger - you're always brining up "freeware this", "freeware that" - the simple fact of the matter is freeware can be great for some people, I'm speaking generally about a wide number of applications one could download and use - however for many average "Joe's" freeware may not offer the versatility and usability of a commercial product - and at the end of the day what they need is a product they can use that fits their needs neatly. As far as DVD and BD decryption is concerned, I feel very strongly that AnyDVD is the strongest product on the market for both these applications, and goes way beyond the ability of even the best freeware tools. It may not be for everyone, but that's for the customer to decide!

Last edited:
RE: Slinger - you're always brining up "freeware this", "freeware that" - the simple fact of the matter is freeware can be great for some people

I fail to see what your comments have to do with anything that I've written. I have no issues with freeware, and, in fact, I think many freeware programs are excellent, in particular Exactaudiocopy and Imgburn (to name a couple). I think there's a lot to be said, as well, for open source development. However, simply because Anydvd HD isn't freeware does not somehow hurt or do a disservice to the online community. And the choice to not charge existing customers for a new feature, in fact, does not create more revenue for Slysoft.

Last edited:
I too am glad that BD+ has been addresed as in my case I had to purchase AnyDVD (HD) as it is my only solution to play my disks as my HTPC (Intel G33 based) has a "repeater bug" that refuses to see a HDCP compliant chain even though all my equipment is. Needless to say I'm not impressed I have to buy 3rd party software to get my legitimate disks to play on compliant equipment.

I purchased AnyDVD (HD) earlier this year as after reading the forums here and elsewhere I expected not only an immediate AACS fix and a BD+ workaround (3319a) but a real BD+ solution to be delivered "shortly" as a part of the licence I paid for.

Thanks again for delivering!

Nathan

Well as to your last comment:

But the lies and negative commentary that is espoused concerning Slysoft are just mindboggling.

There's always going to be negative comments about anything. What's remarkable is how much of the comments about Slysoft are overwhelmingly positive.

Retail Box Compatability

Ok, I have a noob question. With this BD+ crack, is it possible to rip a Blu-Ray movie then burn the movie to be able to play in a retail Blu-Ray player?

If not, I have read that a PS3 can play HD movies from an external hard drive, but you have to rip the movie, remux it, then copy it to the external hard drive. Is that pretty much the only way to watch HD movies on a HDTV without plugging a computer into the tv?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, I have a noob question. With this BD+ crack, is it possible to rip a Blu-Ray movie then burn the movie to be able to play in a retail Blu-Ray player?.

I would like to know the same as well.

I had a post over at doom9 with the same questions. It seems that in some firmwares on BD standalones, they prohibited the playback of BDMV on BD-R/RE discs.

But then software like Roxio DVD-It HD and Uleads software allow people to create BDMV with menus and all. So how can standalone manufacturers prohibit this if people can make these using authoring software.

Once all the protection is removed from the disc and burned on a new disc, it should play on standalone players since the disc is unprotected now.

Congrats SlySoft! :clap: Keep up the good work! :rock:

Back