• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD errors out at 99%

Kathy12

I consistently get the following error "FileIO 3 VTS_10_1.VOB 95944704 30720", when I try to rip Amazing Race Season 16 Disc 2. The disk does not appear to have any significant scratches or issues, and I did clean it. I borrowed another copy to try and it also looks good and errors out in the same place. I've attached the log. I can provide additional information if needed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.9.0_Info_J_DVDVIDEO.ziplog
    148.1 KB · Views: 7
I know you tried more than 1 disc but I can say from experience a disc can look perfect and not be readable. Sometimes they are defective. I have seen that more times than should be allowed but it is what it is.

If you have not tried ripping to image you might give that a go. Sometimes I have gotten around issues by ripping to image and then doing what I need with it.

I consistently get the following error "FileIO 3 VTS_10_1.VOB 95944704 30720", when I try to rip Amazing Race Season 16 Disc 2. The disk does not appear to have any significant scratches or issues, and I did clean it. I borrowed another copy to try and it also looks good and errors out in the same place. I've attached the log. I can provide additional information if needed.
Please exit AnyDVD and set your drive region code.

Thank you for the replies. I've had other errors implying that the region code for my DVD drive is not set, but it does seem to be set correctly:

upload_2022-2-12_13-29-34.png

The DVD says it's a region 1 DVD when I look at the back of the case. Do you know what else I should look at? I'm doing some searching to try to figure it out but have not found the problem yet.

Exit anydvd completely, tray icon not running. Now go back into device manager. SURPRISE!

Note: you only have 5 changes on an optical drive. The 5th change is PERMANENT, if you often use DVD's from a different region it might be wise to buy a second drive and assign that one a the different region

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the replies. I've had other errors implying that the region code for my DVD drive is not set, but it does seem to be set correctly:

View attachment 63457

The DVD says it's a region 1 DVD when I look at the back of the case. Do you know what else I should look at? I'm doing some searching to try to figure it out but have not found the problem yet.

You need to disable AnyDVD before checking / changing the setting in Windows.
Right now its: Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Thats what the log file shows.

Please note that the tray with AnyDVD logo might might be minimised in Windows so you will need to check the taskbar at the bottom there should be an arrow of some kind. Click it and hidden taskbar will expand.
From there you should be able to close AnyDVD.

You need to disable AnyDVD before checking / changing the setting in Windows.
Right now its: Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Thats what the log file shows.

Please note that the tray with AnyDVD logo might might be minimised in Windows so you will need to check the taskbar at the bottom there should be an arrow of some kind. Click it and hidden taskbar will expand.
From there you should be able to close AnyDVD.
Thanks tectpro, good work.

Last edited:
Here's what I tried

I disabled AnyDVD as you said.
I updated the Windows setting for region again (even though it already said it was region 1)
I rebooted my machine
AnyDVD still said it was set to 0.
I'm not sure how to fix this! (by the way, I think it has been this way for some time as I occasionally get messages from AnyDVD that the region is not right)

upload_2022-2-12_15-36-18.png

upload_2022-2-12_15-47-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-12_15-22-41.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-22-41.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2022-2-12_15-26-5.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-26-5.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2022-2-12_15-33-16.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-33-16.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2022-2-12_15-33-16.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-33-16.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2022-2-12_15-22-41.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-22-41.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2022-2-12_15-34-19.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-34-19.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2022-2-12_15-34-19.png
    upload_2022-2-12_15-34-19.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 2
You're selecting the wrong drive in device manager. According to the screenshots the one with the unset region is a DELL DW316, but the one you're missing from device manager is an Asus drive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think I made a mistake and clicked on the wrong drive in the Properties window--may apologies.

First, I found that my other Dell Drive (M:) seems to have the correct region code (1), so I put the disc that is failing in that drive and it still errors out at 99%. I would chalk it up to a bad disk, even though it looks good, but I tried the same disk from another set and it also errors out at 99%. Maybe it's just coincidence but seems odd. I think I can borrow a third copy and will try that as soon as I get it. I've attached the log file from the M: drive for you to look at.

I have 3 drives on my system: 2 Dell DVD drives and 1 HP Blue Ray Drive. I used to have 2 ASUS drives there, but they are no longer on my system. I tried uninstalling them, but they seem to come back. Every drive on my system has the region code set to 1. Now AnyDVD is picking up the correct region code on the J: drive. Maybe uninstalling the ASUS drives helped. It's very strange.

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-12_20-23-9.png
    upload_2022-2-12_20-23-9.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2022-2-12_20-23-48.png
    upload_2022-2-12_20-23-48.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2022-2-12_20-24-45.png
    upload_2022-2-12_20-24-45.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2022-2-12_20-25-17.png
    upload_2022-2-12_20-25-17.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.5.9.0_Info_M_DVDVIDEO.ziplog
    138.4 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2022-2-12_21-38-56.png
    upload_2022-2-12_21-38-56.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
I think I made a mistake and clicked on the wrong drive in the Properties window--may apologies.

First, I found that my other Dell Drive (M:) seems to have the correct region code (1), so I put the disc that is failing in that drive and it still errors out at 99%. I would chalk it up to a bad disk, even though it looks good, but I tried the same disk from another set and it also errors out at 99%. Maybe it's just coincidence but seems odd. I think I can borrow a third copy and will try that as soon as I get it. I've attached the log file from the M: drive for you to look at.

I have 3 drives on my system: 2 Dell DVD drives and 1 HP Blue Ray Drive. I used to have 2 ASUS drives there, but they are no longer on my system. I tried uninstalling them, but they seem to come back. Every drive on my system has the region code set to 1. Now AnyDVD is picking up the correct region code on the J: drive. Maybe uninstalling the ASUS drives helped. It's very strange.

Did you try to copy the DVD with CloneDVD, AnyDVD enabled, to see how far you can copy it?
Maybe it is a non important part that can be deselected in CloneDVD and you can copy the disc.
Just a thought.

Thanks for the idea. I tried CloneDVD on both copies of the disc and they both errored out in what looks like the same place.

Thanks for the idea. I tried CloneDVD on both copies of the disc and they both errored out in what looks like the same place.

Are you able to see in the preview where it hangs?
And can it be untick / not selected in CloneDVD?

When I play the previews in CloneDVD, title 18 (that's the highest number) doesn't hang, but if you wait for a second after the pictures stop, it gets a read error. I tried unchecking that title and ran the rip to an ISO image. It still errors out at the end. Then I ran to a VOB and it also errored out with 12 seconds left. So, no luck yet.

As a little bit of a last resort you can try DVDisaster. It's freeware and it tries many, many times to read sectors that are critical. It's a crude program and quite old. But if in the end everything can be read the result is a perfect copy.

https://www.heise.de/download/product/dvdisaster-22039

EDIT: Be sure you have AnyDVD running in the background when using it.

EDIT2: Don't try to change anything of its default options initially or you might be in trouble. L
eave it to the initial standards. If it works you can fumble with those later. Good luck!

EDIT3: It takes forever. Please be very patient!

EDIT4: Wrong!!!! Must exit AnyDVD to use it. It will make a raw copy.

Last edited:
I downloaded dvddisaster and can't run it. When I click the Read button, it says "This software does not support "DVD-ROM" type media." I get this error on both of my Dell DVD drives, as well as my Blue Ray drive. I haven't figured out a way around that

I downloaded dvddisaster and can't run it. When I click the Read button, it says "This software does not support "DVD-ROM" type media." I get this error on both of my Dell DVD drives, as well as my Blue Ray drive. I haven't figured out a way around that

Alternatively might try CloneCD to create a copy of the disc into an image file, AnyDVD enabled.
Can load image with Virtual CloneDrive after that.

I found that handbrake copied the whole thing without a problem (although not into the format I wanted). I also just copied off the individual titles that I could access with CloneDVD which will do for now. Thanks for your help. I still think there is something odd about the fact that both discs error out in the same place, but I'm fine for now.

Back