• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD can't handle The Expendables 2010 DVD

magicliff

AnyDVD can't handle The Expendables 2010 DVD. It's Central European distribution and the disc is brand new. I followed the instructions exactly what to do before posting the problem. I used "Rip video DVD to hard disc...". During ripping, the message "Repairing defective DVD structure..." is displayed. At the end, the message "IFOProperties 6" appears and a warning that all files created will be deleted and are subsequently deleted. Log file and screenshots attached. In a desktop DVD player the disc plays without any problems. What should I do?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_F_EXPENDABLES.ziplog
    116.7 KB · Views: 15
  • (1)Reparing.jpg
    (1)Reparing.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
  • (2)IFOProperties6.jpg
    (2)IFOProperties6.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 13
  • (3)Deleting.jpg
    (3)Deleting.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 13
AnyDVD can't handle The Expendables 2010 DVD. It's Central European distribution and the disc is brand new. I followed the instructions exactly what to do before posting the problem. I used "Rip video DVD to hard disc...". During ripping, the message "Repairing defective DVD structure..." is displayed. At the end, the message "IFOProperties 6" appears and a warning that all files created will be deleted and are subsequently deleted. Log file and screenshots attached. In a desktop DVD player the disc plays without any problems. What should I do?
No region or CSS protection on the discs is highly suspicious. Is this a bootleg?
Please try to turn off "copy protection based on read errors", does this help?

The disc is from an official retailer. In my opinion this is not suspicious... There are many applications that can bypass CSS protection, but I haven't found any that can handle so many read-based protections. When I turned off read-based copy protection AnyDVD ripped the disk, but the files are unusable for further processing. There are dropouts and various crackles in the audio. I can send a 1:1 image of the disc created in UltraISO via the link...

Attachments

• expendables.jpg
    expendables.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 36
the files are unusable for further processing
Please elaborate. How do you "process further"? Does the original disc play with licensed player software (e.g., PowerDVD) on your PC? Why UltraISO, can't AnyDVD create an image? Does the AnyDVD image play normally?

Wasn't The Expendables a Lionsgate release? Seems a bit odd for such a hugely successful movie from Lionsgate from this period not to have structural protection, in addition to not having CSS protection and region coding. But, that may have only been for R1.

I'm sorry I've stopped talking. I've already solved this in a very complicated way in other software tools. However, it is polite to reply. I don't know how to specify further processing when the audio is corrupted. I don't have a licensed software player, never needed one. VLC media player and AnyDVD were enough for everything. As I've already written, the disc can be played in a desktop DVD player without any problems. As for the disc image, the ISO created in Any DVD differs by a few bytes from the ISO created in UltraISO. That was the reason why I offered the image created in UltraISO. However, neither AnyDVD image nor UltraISO image don't play normally...

No region or CSS protection on the discs is highly suspicious. Is this a bootleg?
Please try to turn off "copy protection based on read errors", does this help?
I think it is a bootleg to. If you look at the center of the disc there is a hole in the center of the printing. It looks like the original disc was scanned and a label maker program was used to create a sticker to put on the disc. It will look just like the original.

Last edited:
Did they use a recordable DVD? If so, it's almost definitely a bootleg.
If it was burned or stamped would also tell you if it is a bootleg. The fact that it has no CSS protection or Region code is not normal. I don't think that I have ever had a disc without either one. It has packaging but that doesn't mean anything.

Guys, thank you for your interest. I tried hard but this is the best picture I could take. It's the back center of the DVD...

Attachments

• DSC00377.JPG
    DSC00377.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
While not entirely clear, that does look like a pressed DVD, not a recordable one. However, a bootleg could be a pressed disc.

There are 2 discs in that release, are you sure the disc you are having issues with is not the " Bonus Exclusive DVD", the one with the actual movie should work fine.

There are 2 discs in that release, are you sure the disc you are having issues with is not the " Bonus Exclusive DVD", the one with the actual movie should work fine.
Yep, I'm sure. I haven't even gotten the bonus DVD out of the foil yet. Just a second, I'll give it a try to see if it has the same problem...

Yep, I'm sure. I haven't even gotten the bonus DVD out of the foil yet. Just a second, I'll give it a try to see if it has the same problem...
The bonus DVD has exactly the same protection, even more "potential bad sector protections". But you know what... it rips without any problems. That's a mystery to me. I rented the feature disc at the video rental first. I thought it was damaged so I bought a brand new one. That's the whole story.

Attachments

• Bonus.jpg
    Bonus.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 12
I made an 1:1 image of the DVD disc. If anyone is interested, they can download it here: https://www.uschovna.cz/en/zasilka/IZCLJXR5P9KUDXYX-3C3
Can you play that image successfully? Did you use AnyDVD to create the image file? I mounted the image but it did not play exactly like a DVD. There was 21 separate files on the image. I have a old version of Nero and processed the image file with Nero Recode, compressed it and it lowered it to 18 files. I then burned it a onto a DVD-5 disc and it plays fine. There are a bunch of trailers at the beginning and a couple different angles on the disc. Maybe the extra 3 files were causing some problems with the image.

Attachments

• Image 21 Files.jpg
    Image 21 Files.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Recode 18 Files.jpg
    Recode 18 Files.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 8
Back