AnyDVD, AnyDVD-HD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by diverjones, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I don't own a HD drive muchless media so I bought my upgrade just to support slysoft.

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

On the disc it came on? :) AnyDVD HD can modify the disc in memory without having to rip it anywhere. At this point I'm interested in playback vs copying. Some day we'll get to copying.

3. HD43

HD43 Well-Known Member

You mean "backing up"...

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Copying to HDD = backing up.

5. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Yes, I do. Backups, especially with how much these discs currently cost, will be important once the writing technology is cheaper. I wasn't implying illegally copying a disc. :)

6. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Prices will be going down in a few months.

7. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

That'll be nice. At the moment I'm trying to look at my budget to see how I can rebuild one of my media PC's with some snazzy new hardware. That may be a while though. I was lucky enough to get the HD-DVD drive for my b-day, so, I can't be greedy. :) In the meantime I'll build up an HD library. I also need to get a new TV. I want a 56" Samsung DLP 1080p, but, my plans for buying it got screwed by having to buy a new car last month. Ugh. So, money's tight but I can be patient.

8. HD43

HD43 Well-Known Member

Try a projector - it's more fun.

9. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

A projector would be ok, and my living room certainly COULD support such a concept, but, it'd be a ROYAL nightmare to set up the cabling required for such a system in my house. For now I want to get either LCD or the Samsung DLP. And since LCD hasn't hit the price point I need to be in, DLP is it for now.

10. HD43

HD43 Well-Known Member

You can hide the cables behind plastic "cable hiders" - you don't even notice them. Or if you have a drop ceiling even better.

11. zapper

zapper Well-Known Member

Ok I'm thinking of downloading HD-DVD to my computer, the question that I have is what is the best way to just download the Files, what hardware or software do I need and which one is the cheapest.