• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD, AnyDVD-HD

I don't own a HD drive muchless media so I bought my upgrade just to support slysoft.

So where are you all storing these huge HD-DVD files...

if you don't mind me asking.

On the disc it came on? :) AnyDVD HD can modify the disc in memory without having to rip it anywhere. At this point I'm interested in playback vs copying. Some day we'll get to copying.

Yes, I do. Backups, especially with how much these discs currently cost, will be important once the writing technology is cheaper. I wasn't implying illegally copying a disc. :)

Yes, I do. Backups, especially with how much these discs currently cost, will be important once the writing technology is cheaper. I wasn't implying illegally copying a disc. :)
Prices will be going down in a few months.

Prices will be going down in a few months.

That'll be nice. At the moment I'm trying to look at my budget to see how I can rebuild one of my media PC's with some snazzy new hardware. That may be a while though. I was lucky enough to get the HD-DVD drive for my b-day, so, I can't be greedy. :) In the meantime I'll build up an HD library. I also need to get a new TV. I want a 56" Samsung DLP 1080p, but, my plans for buying it got screwed by having to buy a new car last month. Ugh. So, money's tight but I can be patient.

A projector would be ok, and my living room certainly COULD support such a concept, but, it'd be a ROYAL nightmare to set up the cabling required for such a system in my house. For now I want to get either LCD or the Samsung DLP. And since LCD hasn't hit the price point I need to be in, DLP is it for now.

You can hide the cables behind plastic "cable hiders" - you don't even notice them. Or if you have a drop ceiling even better.

Ok I'm thinking of downloading HD-DVD to my computer, the question that I have is what is the best way to just download the Files, what hardware or software do I need and which one is the cheapest.

Back