• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[AnyDVD 8.6.2.3 - Windows 11 22H2] OPD value incorrect without MakeMKV running

I can't imagine what it'd be as I have all the security stuff enabled and it works for me as before the update.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has already been said, but can someone describe what the end-result problem is? For example, if I stick a disc in and it rips with no errors, do I need to be worried that the rip is invalid (in some fashion) due to this issue?

In other words, this OPD value being incorrect...what symptoms/issues/problems does it cause? How does it affect the typical end user who's just sticking in discs to rip them?

Thanks

Apologies if this has already been said, but can someone describe what the end-result problem is? For example, if I stick a disc in and it rips with no errors, do I need to be worried that the rip is invalid (in some fashion) due to this issue?
If AnyDVD doesn't show any error if you insert the disc: No.

I can't imagine what it'd be as I have all the security stuff enabled and it works for me as before the update.
This poses the question: What's wrong with @KevinS72 machine...? There are some weird drivers installed by "EaseUS Todo Backup". A "RawDisk" driver from EldoS.
And two drivers from Malwarebytes. Security Software is always scary, as it has a tendency to break things.

This poses the question: What's wrong with @KevinS72 machine...? There are some weird drivers installed by "EaseUS Todo Backup". A "RawDisk" driver from EldoS.
And two drivers from Malwarebytes. Security Software is always scary, as it has a tendency to break things.

That's a good guess. I just had 2 security softwares conflict and break windows to the point where it wouldn't boot or recover. I had to pull my weekly backup, carefully remove the software in question (doing it in the wrong order re-broke windows and I had to start over...I was ugly), and then make sure they weren't installed together again. So yes, security software can play a very nasty interaction with windows and especially low level drivers.

Security Software is always scary, as it has a tendency to break things.
For example, if some process intercepts the I/O from makemkvcon, creates an own I/O and passes this down, AnyDVD would not see this I/O originating from makemkvcon and would not let it pass through. Apart from a massive performance hit caused by said process.

And it is usually useless anyway.

Yes, I agree. In my case it's embedded into software that I use for non-security purposes which really irritated me beyond belief since that wasn't the reason I installed it.

B

It's completely possible another piece of software is contributing. I'm perfectly fine with this only being an issue unique to my system since nobody else has reported discs being unsupported due to incorrect OPD identifiers. :)

I'm not sure why it would only have the issue when AnyDVD is active and inserting a disc, but then work correctly if AnyDVD is only enabled after the disc is inserted, or if MakeMKV is open and running then it also works correctly. I have two situations where I see the correct OPD in the AnyDVD logs, and one (my most common use-case) where it is no longer getting the correct OPD.

I just uninstalled MalwareBytes and two other pieces of software that were installed in the last couple of months (and rebooted). The oldest folder dates I see in Windows and Program files are April 22 of this year, but I don't recall if that may be when I did a fresh Windows 11 install or not.

I have protected UHD ISO's I created with AnyDVD in June so it was working correctly on my machine before June 23 or else they would have been flagged as unsupported back then. I just mounted one of those ISO's with VCD and AnyDVD was happy with the mounted ISO. ;-)

It appears the RawDisk driver is for HDSentinel which should have been installed right after I installed Windows 11 and AnyDVD was working back then. The backup software has been installed at least since April along with most everything else on my system (other than updates after the original installs).

I will try to do that manual command line(s) with AnyDVD disabled sometime today.

Do I run both of these for drive F: or just the first one?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" f -d F: --info
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true info disc:9999

The second command is the one that matters. The first is just ensuring your drive is supported by LibreDrive, which we already know it is. The second one, with the disc inserted, will enable LibreDrive. Then immediately open ImgBurn and create an ISO. DO NOT eject the disc after running the command before creating the ISO in ImgBurn.

I just uninstalled MalwareBytes and two other pieces of software that were installed in the last couple of months (and rebooted).
Any difference?

The second command is the one that matters. The first is just ensuring your drive is supported by LibreDrive, which we already know it is. The second one, with the disc inserted, will enable LibreDrive. Then immediately open ImgBurn and create an ISO. DO NOT eject the disc after running the command before creating the ISO in ImgBurn.
I believe the problem is, that the AnyDVD driver doesn't see the I/O from makemkvcon as I/O from makemkvcon. So makemkvcon doesn't see a disc in the drive and gives up right away.

EDIT: But it could something completely different, too...

I believe the problem is, that the AnyDVD driver doesn't see the I/O from makemkvcon as I/O from makemkvcon. So makemkvcon doesn't see a disc in the drive and gives up right away.

EDIT: But it could something completely different, too...

That's entirely possible. The test I proposed will at least ensure that makemkvcon by itself works correctly without AnyDVD. If that comes back with the correct OPD on the protected ISO that's made by ImgBurn, that at least gives us a starting point to look at and narrows it down to an interaction with AnyDVD and makemkvcon.

Using the same Inception UHD in all tests in this thread. Correct OPD for this disc is BD_df8884bfebb1

o Disabled AnyDVD via system tray icon
o Inserted disc and closed drive tray
o "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true info disc:9999
o IMGBurn - Create Image File from Disc
I 11:40:58 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 01:08:16
I 11:40:58 Average Read Rate: 23,694 KiB/s (5.4x) - Maximum Read Rate: 63,040 KiB/s (14.4x)
o Enabled AnyDVD via system tray
o Ejected the physical disc
o Mounted IMGBurn ISO using VCD
o AnyDVD - Create Logfile
o From AnyDVD_log.txt
3.08s: Info: Using OPD BD_df8884bfebb1
3.39s: Info: OPD SP 0

IMGBurn ISO has the correct OPD.

EDIT:
In addition;
o AnyDVD enabled
o Insert disc in drive
o Wait for AnyDVD to do the initial scan and report the disc is not supported
o C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true info disc:9999
o Create Logfile
o Log contains the correct OPD ID

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_Q_INCEPTION.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wait what??? You waited for AnyDVD to finish scanning the disc, then ran that command manually and then created the logfile with the correct OPD ID??? Oh man, that means James is likely correct. YUCK! Good luck James. You're going to need it. :D

Negative. It still had the bad OPD in the log when inserting the disc after uninstalling MalwareBytes.
Do you have any other "security" or monitoring software installed?

Do you have any other "security" or monitoring software installed?

Other than the built-in Windows security there shouldn't be any other 3rd party software installed now that MalwareBytes is removed.

Back