• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

An Issue with Subtitles

DrXenos

Forgive me, but knowing when the best time to generate a log has always confused me (I don't leave them on by default as I rarely have an issue).

I recently downloaded a season of a show off of Netflix. After starting to watch it, I noticed a spot where there should be forced subtitles but weren't (foreign language).

I checked on AS and sure enough that one episode has an extra subtitle track which wasn't download when I clicked download all. I re-downloaded that one episode and all is fine. I rechecked what "download all" shows and the extra track doesn't appear.

My question is what is the best way to generate a proper log for this issue. Should I re-download the entire series and generate a log, just the one episode, or doesn't it matter?

Also, are my assumptions all wrong in thinking it should download the extra track?

Thanks,
DrX

Forgive me, but knowing when the best time to generate a log has always confused me (I don't leave them on by default as I rarely have an issue).

I recently downloaded a season of a show off of Netflix. After starting to watch it, I noticed a spot where there should be forced subtitles but weren't (foreign language).

I checked on AS and sure enough that one episode has an extra subtitle track which wasn't download when I clicked download all. I re-downloaded that one episode and all is fine. I rechecked what "download all" shows and the extra track doesn't appear.

My question is what is the best way to generate a proper log for this issue. Should I re-download the entire series and generate a log, just the one episode, or doesn't it matter?

Also, are my assumptions all wrong in thinking it should download the extra track?

Thanks,
DrX
Hi Doc
You can generate a log file anytime, it remembers about a week of downloads. But Ill have to show it to Pete because I am not yet 100% understanding how he coded the languages. Just generate a regular logfile you do not have redownload anything.

No it should download multiple language tracks, not sure about the subtitles, there is a way to clear all your old learning from the registry but I am going to advise anyone to edit the registry, it could get messy with a small mistake. Did you get what you needed when you download the one track without the queue? Because Petes been busy and if its not a rush I need to tell him that. ( There no dumb questions)

Hi Doc
You can generate a log file anytime, it remembers about a week of downloads. But Ill have to show it to Pete because I am not yet 100% understanding how he coded the languages. Just generate a regular logfile you do not have redownload anything.

Thank you so much! That makes perfect sense now it's been explained to me. :)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.8.0.astlog
    87.2 KB · Views: 2
But you have what you need now, maybe there are not any forced sub titles in that episode?

This forced subtitle issue is known, I have read a few threads on it and tested it myself. When you use the download all feature on a series, you will only see forced subtitles if they are present on episode one, then you can select them and they will download on all subsequent episodes, if present. But, if they are not on episode one, you can not select them and they will not be downloaded on any other episodes if present. This is why I don't use download all, I just select each episode separately and look for forced subtitles.

This forced subtitle issue is known, I have read a few threads on it and tested it myself. When you use the download all feature on a series, you will only see forced subtitles if they are present on episode one, then you can select them and they will download on all subsequent episodes, if present. But, if they are not on episode one, you can not select them and they will not be downloaded on any other episodes if present. This is why I don't use the download all, I just select each episode separately and look for forced subtitles.
Yes, that is what I do also, but I am not sure why it doesn't pick up the forced subs if they are checked in the original episode. , I contacted Pete about the issue. Thanks, Lone Raven. The only thing I can think of is that there were no forced subs in the episode it missed.

Hi Redfox 1. It will pick up the forced subs if they are checked in episode one. But if there are no forced subs in episode one, you have nothing to select. So if there are forced subs on other episodes, the box will not be checked. I am going to look for the thread where Pete discussed this.

Hi Redfox 1. It will pick up the forced subs if they are checked in episode one. But if there are no forced subs in episode one, you have nothing to select. So if there are forced subs on other episodes, the box will not be checked. I am going to look for the thread where Pete discussed this.
I understand the issue now, I haven't used anything with forced subs in a while, I think since I downloaded "Better Call Saul" but I do understand, if Pete is aware I am sure he will fix it.

I made it into a link, so everyone can read it, thanks Lone Raven.

Here is the important part of that thread and you are correct, Pete is aware of this and will work on getting it sorted.

Posted by Pete
So I guess, we'll change the behavior to:
always select forced subs that match selected audio languages, except when they were available in the first episode and were deliberately not selected (which hints at a user really not being interested in forced subs).
I wonder why I get the feeling this was already fixed in a previous beta. Oh well. I am not always right.;)

Last edited:

Yes, that is the behavior I see. Usually, I do like you said and download all the episodes individually to ensure I get the any forced subtitles in latter episodes. I was lazy this time, and just hit "download all."

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yes, that is the behavior I see. Usually, I do like you said and download all the episodes individually to ensure I get the any forced subtitles in latter episodes. I was lazy this time, and just hit "download all."

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Pete is here now, I asked him to look in and see what the issue is. :)

OK, thank you both! Just in case it leads to confusion, I had clean up the relevant registry keys after download these episodes, but before generating the log.

I wonder why I get the feeling this was already fixed in a previous beta.
Maybe it was supposed to or the changelog sounded similar to what you now think.

I asked him to look in and see what the issue is
The issue is known (as said by Lone Raven) and there is a simple fix for it, but since I already wrote that multiple times there is no point to repeat it again.

I wonder why I get the feeling this was already fixed in a previous beta.

I think it's sporadic. I know I've downloaded whole seasons in the past and it successfully grabbed all the forced subtitles.

I think it's sporadic. I know I've downloaded whole seasons in the past and it successfully grabbed all the forced subtitles.
This was 1.4.6.2, I think this referred to something else.
Changelog AnyStream

1.4.6.2 beta 2022-11-18
  • Change: allow downloading multiple audio tracks per title (presently up to 5)
  • Improved: subtitle auto-preselection now honors forced vs. not forced languages
  • some minor changes
  • Updated languages

It was not fixed in this update

This is a lot of text and a bit of a mix - can someone please give me a short summary (ideally an example) of what exactly remains to be a problem?

Back