• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

American Heart Assoc DVD's

Alex Menges

Hey guys I'm having an issue copying actual educational DVD's. haha. They are from the American Heart Association for the classes I teach. I'm using AnyDVD 8.0.2.0 and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.3

I cannot copy from the DVD to folders, to an ISO or from DVD to DVD. I've even tried ripping from AnyDVD and both programs give the following error...

DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3

I've attached the ziplog file as well.

Pleaseeeeee help!!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_D_HEARTSAVER_FIRST_AID.ziplog
    124 KB · Views: 5
Update: I've also tried CloneCD and DvdDecrypter. It'll rip it.. But it also rips it in like 5 seconds. When you burn that img or even try to play in using a a media player, all you get is errors and won't even playback.

First your drives region is not Set-exit anydvd and change region-On this disk it doesn't matter because its not css protected. I think best way to copy this is with nero or roxio if you have that?? Clonecd should work! Or could be a bad disk-try cleaning it.

Hey guys I'm having an issue copying actual educational DVD's. haha. They are from the American Heart Association for the classes I teach. I'm using AnyDVD 8.0.2.0 and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.3

I cannot copy from the DVD to folders, to an ISO or from DVD to DVD. I've even tried ripping from AnyDVD and both programs give the following error...

DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3

Pleaseeeeee help!!
I have mentioned this before and received no feedback. Since there is no protection on the disc, AnyDVD is not needed. I have run across some unprotected discs that wouldn't copy correctly with AnyDVD running. Try exiting AnyDVD and using CloneCD or CloneDVD. If there are some files/folders that are not standard DVD format, CloneCD would be the better choice.

DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3

Pleaseeeeee help!!
What you really should do is copy to the default folder CloneDVD creates and then burn back from that folder in CloneDVD that would be the best method but don't do on-the-fly that is bound to have problems-this requires two burners to complete and then you shouldn't use the computer for anything til it finish the process. If you played the movie itself what does it do? Are you sure the media isn't bad? And are you sure your Burner is working that could also be bad as well?

have mentioned this before and received no feedback. Since there is no protection on the disc, AnyDVD is not needed. I have run across some unprotected discs that wouldn't copy correctly with AnyDVD running. Try exiting AnyDVD and using CloneCD or CloneDVD. If there are some files/folders that are not standard DVD format, CloneCD would be the better choice.

Soooo glad this worked. That's crazy how AnyDVD would prevent any program from copying an unprotected DVD. With CloneCD and no AnyDVD running, I was able to create files from the disc and then burn them back with CloneDVD.

What you really should do is copy to the default folder CloneDVD creates and then burn back from that folder in CloneDVD that would be the best method but don't do on-the-fly that is bound to have problems-this requires two burners to complete and then you shouldn't use the computer for anything til it finish the process. If you played the movie itself what does it do? Are you sure the media isn't bad? And are you sure your Burner is working that could also be bad as well?

CloneDVD never got as far as creating a folder. As soon as you selected an option from the first menu of CloneDVD and went to open the DVD drive, you'd get that error. CloneDVD wasn't able to open it both with AnyDVD running and without it running it still didn't open it without that error.

Thank you guys for your help. You've saved... uhh...me... from having to spend $275 on these 4 dvd's.. you know.. in case my originals ever get scratched. ;)

Soooo glad this worked. That's crazy how AnyDVD would prevent any program from copying an unprotected DVD. With CloneCD and no AnyDVD running, I was able to create files from the disc and then burn them back with CloneDVD.

CloneDVD never got as far as creating a folder. As soon as you selected an option from the first menu of CloneDVD and went to open the DVD drive, you'd get that error. CloneDVD wasn't able to open it both with AnyDVD running and without it running it still didn't open it without that error.

Thank you guys for your help. You've saved... uhh...me... from having to spend $275 on these 4 dvd's.. you know.. in case my originals ever get scratched. ;)
You could have just let CloneCD burn it , despite the name it does handle burning of DVD's as well. It just creates a 1:1 bit by bit copy.

I am having the same issue with the same DVD's. How do you get anydvd to stop running in windows 10? Please help me if you can.

On AnyDVD HD icon in notification area/system tray, does right-click>Exit not work?
You could just as well click the enable one and not have to restart program when you're done. Just remember to set it back for the magic to work.

On AnyDVD HD icon in notification area/system tray, does right-click>Exit not work?
Thanks I was able to disable it and copy the DVD with CloneCD, I really wish I could get past the error code and do it with any dvd but whatever. I could only get it to work with a dvd/rw. Don't understand that either.

Thanks I was able to disable it and copy the DVD with CloneCD, I really wish I could get past the error code and do it with any dvd but whatever. I could only get it to work with a dvd/rw. Don't understand that either.
What error code? What was giving the error code? AnyDVD doesn't copy so there is no need for it (on an unprotected mutimedia DVD). If you want to just rip it to the hard drive, you can use CloneDVD. For a 1x1 copy, CloneCD works easier. The logs I saw were for a single layer disc, so you should be able to use +R or -R media, so long as it's decent quality (NO Memorex).

What error code? What was giving the error code? AnyDVD doesn't copy so there is no need for it (on an unprotected mutimedia DVD). If you want to just rip it to the hard drive, you can use CloneDVD. For a 1x1 copy, CloneCD works easier. The logs I saw were for a single layer disc, so you should be able to use +R or -R media, so long as it's decent quality (NO Memorex).

I wanted to rip it and save it to my hard drive in case I needed another copy in the future but I couldn't get it to work. (No Memorex) that is what I am using, do you think that is why clonecd wouldn't burn on a dvd r? I would rather burn it on a dvd r to prevent amyone from making any changes to the dvd accidently. It will burn on my Memorex Dvd/Rw. Why no Memorex and what do you use if you don't mind telling me?

I wanted to rip it and save it to my hard drive in case I needed another copy in the future but I couldn't get it to work. (No Memorex) that is what I am using, do you think that is why clonecd wouldn't burn on a dvd r? I would rather burn it on a dvd r to prevent amyone from making any changes to the dvd accidently. It will burn on my Memorex Dvd/Rw. Why no Memorex and what do you use if you don't mind telling me?

Memorex, Kodak, and TDK are all good for cat toys, coasters for game day, or temporary storage...then they don't work.
I've had almost a 3rd of my first (and last) 100 Kodak blanks become useless Frisbees when I first started making backups...I learned how to spell "Verbatim".
Fortunately I tried Windata and have never had a bad time, and DVDs a few years old still play fine.
And Windata are $.40 to Verbatim's $1.00 per average here.

Yes, I learned how to spell "cheap" too...
:)

Actually, if you want it on your hard drive, just put the disc in (Exit AnyDVD first), right-click the drive in Windows Explorer, select "Open", and drag and drop the files/folders to your hard drive. You can burn them back to a disc whenever you need to using CloneCD or ImgBurn.

I use JVC Taiyo Yuden Premium. There isn't that much difference in cost, and I've found if it's worth backing up, it's worth using media that works all the time, every time, and will last for years. It can be found at Supermediastore.com. I had a 40% failure rate with Memorex (including their Black version). Verbatims can be found in Staples and other places, but don't get the Life Series. They are lower quality, although still better than Memorex.

Last edited:
I have bought Verbatim dvd+r with AZO for years and never pay more than .30 a piece.

I remember the days back, when I first joined the group... oh the hatred for Memorex remains strong!

I went thru Verbatim, Sony.. all the top brands including Memorex, and turned up nothing but coasters.. seemed my experiences were a tad bit different then the rest.

Found out.. even though a lot of people used LiteOn drives, some models were just plain crap. The one I had, made Matshita look like top of the line. Once I spent the money on a recommended drive, I went back to using Memorex myself because, well.. sometimes you just don't have $40.00 a 50 pack, when you can get 50 for $25.

I still have one Verbatim disk in my collection.. and over 500 Memorex. I only have to replace them as they age, or the kids play hockey with them.. as you would any other disk.. including my growing stack of hard and optical drives that have failed over the years. Some things work for me, that don't work for others... can't really explain it.

However, if you want permanent storage on disk, I highly recommend M-Disc. There's a reason they are $86.00 for 30.

Back