• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon - The Boys s03ep04 - Audio Bit Rate

Busaman

The 1st 3 episodes of season 3 have an audio bit rate of 640kpbs. However, the latest 4th episode only has 192kpbs as the highest. Not sure if an issue or it is the highest available. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. It is the same in version 1.3.5.0 or the latest 1.3.6.1. I try to keep a good old version to compare when issues occur. Thanks as always.

upload_2022-6-10_12-25-34.png

AS can only show you what is available, also it is sadly a common thing for some things that they have different specs.
I had a season on Amz with a wide amount of resolutions, from SD/TV or what it was to 1440x1080 to 1920x1080...

DDP5.1 640KPs should be part of l1 so maybe not available in AS but we will have to wait and see i guess

The 1st 3 episodes of season 3 have an audio bit rate of 640kpbs. However, the latest 4th episode only has 192kpbs as the highest.
Streaming content is a total crapshoot. There are no standards that streaming providers must adhere to as there are when content is released on DVD and Blu-ray. So unfortunately no, what you're seeing here isn't unusual at all. I've downloaded hundreds and hundreds of streams and have encountered this many times with AmazonPrime content. In fact, just the other day I downloaded "NCIS: The Nineteenth Season" via AmazonPrime. Season 19 has 21 episodes. Every episode offered "640 kbps DD+ 5.1" audio except for Episode 13 which as of today is still capped at "192 kbps DD+ 5.1". And trust me, it's not AnyStream. It's AmazonPrime. StreamFab shows the same for Episode 13 in this case as do other methods I've used to check. I keep a running list of streams I've downloaded via AmazonPrime where the audio (and sometimes video) wasn't what I expected them to be, mostly TV episodes. Every month or two I check to see if the given episode has been brought in line with the rest of the episodes for the given season. It does happen every once in a while, so it's worth going back and checking periodically.

Last edited:
Through an alternate source, it does seem that:

Amazon Prime - The Boys - S03E04 served with 192 kb/s for H264

but...

Amazon Prime - The Boys - S03E04 served with 640 kb/s for H265

Just thought this was interesting.
I knew you could get the H265 version on HBOMAX but how do you get it on Amazon? Didn't see a dropdown to choose like HBOMAX does.

Amazon Prime via Anystream for The Boys S03E04

Amazon must have just updated that file, it's now offering 640kpbs on AnyStream for me and downloads as such.

I know we aren't crazy :eek: , cause I tested it at 1:57pm US CST (exactly 2 hours ago) and it did offer 192kbps as the highest choice (see attached file).

Now its at 640kpbs, same as the first three episodes.

Could be your regional CDN's were still processing the file at the time

Episode 4 is showing 640kbps max for me now as well.

Anyone else notice how the video bitrate of the 640kbps version is almost half of the 192kbps version. File is roughly 1gb smaller.

11.jpg

Prime is following Netflix on this, they encode their new content in a smaller version each time. I noticed this on some movies too, that I redownloaded to get another audio track.

I wonder if sometimes they provide files with lower bitrate on videos with high demand/big traffic bandwith.

Last edited:
King_Pin is showing you 2 different downloads, its not his fault, Amazon does this, one is CBR and the other VBR. Look at the difference in Bitrates.

Back