• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon Rental - AS+ Download, Content Activation Status, and The 48 Hour Return Window

AnyGuy42085

After reading this forum and figuring out that I can rent movies from Amazon and use AS+ to download them, I went ahead and gave it a shot. It worked perfectly!

Amazon gives you 30 days to start a rental and 48 hours from the time of starting it to finish the content. I read on this forum that some people had made a transaction for a rental, downloaded the item, and left it at that. They did not go to their browser or player and actually play/activate the content. They mentioned getting reminder emails from amazon a couple weeks later to watch the content before it expires. They've checked their account and it shows that the content was, in fact, never activated.

After I downloaded my item I noticed that it had not activated on my account in Amazon's system too. It treats the rental as if I never hit play on it and even asks on the content's page if I would like to return the digital purchase.

I looked into this and found that Amazon has a 48 hour return policy on rentals of digital content that hasn't yet been activated.

My question is, because AS+ obviously doesn't activate the rental content on Amazon's system/website, can you rent items, download them with AS+, and then cancel your "unplayed" digital rental?

Does amazon have any way of actually seeing that the content was pulled using AS+? If i hit that refund button would I get my money back or would it cause an investigation, account termination, and/or other issues?

I know there's a moral line here but we're all here using AS so the line of ripping rentals is already crossed, whether refunded or not. I'm not looking for an answer based on morals, I'm just curious about the mechanics of this system.

Last edited:
My question is, because AS+ obviously doesn't activate the rental content on Amazon's system/website, can you rent items, download them with AS+, and then cancel your "unplayed" digital rental?
You can but I wouldn't advise it, they most likely have analytics and would wonder why you keep renting and not watching. Now, this is just my opinion, you may do as you wish, I am just giving my opinion, not to be confused with official RedFox policy.

You can but I wouldn't advise it, they most likely have analytics and would wonder why you keep renting and not watching. Now, this is just my opinion, you may do as you wish, I am just giving my opinion, not to be confused with official RedFox policy.
I don't really care about the account. I'm a free trial surfer. I make as many new emails as I want and surf free trials on any and all the streaming services. Amazon can figure it out and ban one account and I simply don't care. I just don't want to do anything that's going to come back on the holder of the payment card on file or come back on the anystream program or it's developers.
I don't wanna be the guy that gets anystream investigated and shut down because I wanna be a greedy bitch.

I don't really care about the account. I'm a free trial surfer. I make as many new emails as I want and surf free trials on any and all the streaming services. Amazon can figure it out and ban one account and I simply don't care. I just don't want to do anything that's going to come back on the holder of the payment card on file or come back on the anystream program or it's developers.
I don't wanna be the guy that gets Anystream investigated and shut down because I wanna be a greedy bitch.
No, you won't be, it will only affect you personally, there is no way for them to know how or why you rent movies and don't watch them, they can only speculate and ban your account. My bet would be that they would pick it up sooner or later and just allow you to keep doing it. (jmpo):)

After reading this forum and figuring out that I can rent movies from Amazon and use AS+ to download them, I went ahead and gave it a shot. It worked perfectly!

Amazon gives you 30 days to start a rental and 48 hours from the time of starting it to finish the content. I read on this forum that some people had made a transaction for a rental, downloaded the item, and left it at that. They did not go to their browser or player and actually play/activate the content. They mentioned getting reminder emails from amazon a couple weeks later to watch the content before it expires. They've checked their account and it shows that the content was, in fact, never activated.

After I downloaded my item I noticed that it had not activated on my account in Amazon's system too. It treats the rental as if I never hit play on it and even asks on the content's page if I would like to return the digital purchase.

I looked into this and found that Amazon has a 48 hour return policy on rentals of digital content that hasn't yet been activated.

Does amazon have any way of actually seeing that the content was pulled using AS+? If i hit that refund button would I get my money back or would it cause an investigation, account termination, and/or other issues?

I know there's a moral line here but we're all here using AS so the line of ripping rentals is already crossed, whether refunded or not. I'm not looking for an answer based on morals, I'm just curious about the mechanics of this system.
they normally refund straight away if you cancel within the first 15-20 mins but it will take around 7-10 days to get the refund after the window closes they do tend to look into it i have genuinely brought the wrong item
and payment was only held and never collected when doing it within 15 mins i have also had it where i brought a series and realized after 20 mins and asked to cancel and its taken them a few days before emailing to say they are refunding
so i would say if can do it within 10-15 mins like a film you may be ok but if a series your going to be unlikely to get it all using any stream within that time and if you do it more than a few times iam sure the catch on pretty quickly the account is being abused and probably keep the payment due

I don't really care about the account. I'm a free trial surfer. I make as many new emails as I want and surf free trials on any and all the streaming services. Amazon can figure it out and ban one account and I simply don't care. I just don't want to do anything that's going to come back on the holder of the payment card on file
They might ban your IP address
Are you using a hacked account or credit card?
Personally, I just pay for the rental, less potential aggravation

They might ban your IP address
Are you using a hacked account or credit card?
Personally, I just pay for the rental, less potential aggravation
As I said, I agree with you, it would be all his responsibility, it would not affect AS but his payment provider might get fed up with him also. :)

I have a rental right now that should be available to AnyStream at 1920x1080. At present it's only available at half that resolution. Thankfully I've got another 3 weeks before the rental expires. Hopefully AnyStream has it sorted by then. And no, I've never paid $3.99 for a rental, downloaded it, then submitted for a refund. Paying for the rental is the least I can do.

Like others have stated, the only person who will be affected is you. There’s only a certain amount of things you can do on Amazon before they become suspicious and blacklist you. This includes your bank, address, IP and anything else attached to your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back