• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon Prime with VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvd4fun

EDIT: Turned out I was using a crappy VPN service. S
Switching to another VPN provider resolved the issue. Prime now behaves the same in AS as it does in Browsers.

==================================
At first I had DNS leaks while using my VPN. Prime US was giving me the no can do error due to VPN or Proxy use. Asking to turn off those things and come back...
I managed to fix the DNS leaks.

Now I can view Prime US content in my browsers (Edge and Firefox) without getting the VPN/Proxy notification.

I did empty the C:\Users\[...]\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache directory.

But AS still get the VPN/Proxy detection block.

Any recommendation?

Is there a way to test for DNS leaks in AS? If not it would be nice to add it as a provider (https://www.dnsleaktest.com/) so we can test if it is the culprit.

Last edited:
You can't use a VPN with Amazon without having an account in the country you are trying to reach. Even then 99% of the its not going to work.

"You can't use a VPN with Amazon without having an account in the country you are trying to reach. Even then 99% of the its not going to work."
If that were true, Firefox and Edge would give me the same error.

I even try to uninstall and reinstall Anystream :-(

Both applications running side by side in the same VPN session:
Firefox:
2024-02-11_10-26-31.jpg

Anystream :-(
2024-02-11_10-40-40.jpg

Its never going to work. Disable your VPN and be happy to use Amazon in your country.

1) Why can I view the show with my browsers while using the VPN?
2) The show is not available in my region. That's why I use the VPN. If I disable the VPN I can't access that show.

I was told AS is a specialized browser. What makes it special so it triggers Amazon VPN/Proxy detection while other doesn't?

I wouldn't even ask if the browsers had the same behavior.

Amazon will redirect you back to the country where you paid for it. It's not going to work. If I could help you I would, but I can't. There is no way to do what you want. I have been through this 50 times, you are trying to do something only possible and that's a stretch, if you buy another Amazon account in the country you are trying to reach that won't even work 90% of the time.

Maybe my question was not clear enough. Let's try this one:
Why Amazon redirects me to the country in AS but not in Firefox?

Here's other interesting facts.
  • When in Canada, no VPN enabled, Amazon.ca search engine doesn't find the show;
  • When in Canada, no VPN enabled, Amazon.com (US) search engine finds the show but says not available in your region;
  • When the VPN is ON, I can find and view Amazon US content in browsers but not in AS. In AS it doesn't tell me the show is not available in my region. It triggers the VPN/Proxy no no.
When I travel in the States, both Amazon and Netflix let me view US only contents. I haven't tried AS while traveling in the States.

Last edited:
Then use Firefox. I explained it already, I can't do any better. You will never be successful. Sorry. Netflix is instituting the same thing.

VPNs (virtual private networks) can make your device or network look like it's connecting to Netflix from somewhere other than your actual location. While using Netflix through a VPN, we will only show you TV shows and movies we have worldwide rights for, like Squid Game or Stranger Things.

If you don't see TV shows and movies that are available in your country, you may need to turn your VPN off.

dunno, man. im also getting weird stuff happening in AS with proxies. open AS, proxy for AP US already entered, page loads, i can download. close AS. open tomorrow, AP US doesnt even load i get some weird AS timedout error. same proxy for HULU, HULU works. ok, download from HULU. close AS. open tomorrow. AP US no go again, but now HULU doesnt work as well. open firefox, enter same proxy, everything works. close ffox. open tomorrow, same proxy, HULU says cant login. refresh. oh, now im usin anonymous proxy says HULU. open AS. im logged out, although i left it logged in. login doesnt work. back to ffox. cant login. press login button 5 time, im logged in. close ffox. back to AS. try cookie thief. no go. close everything. delete proxies in AS. open nord. everything works. lol. then it doesnt. then proxy works.

dunno. its weird. weirdest is the fact that when HULU in AS says nogo, i just open ffox, use same proxy and HULU works. had same issues with ITVX. can login, stream via proxy in ffox, but when i try in AS just a few seconds later, i get nothing. weird. ill try contacting ironsocket to see whats going on. but, yeah. it works. then it doesnt. but that still doesnt explain why in ffox i can stream but in AS i can not. i even got a 'you are using vpn' warning in AP US in AS which i never ever saw before, and ive been using VPN and proxies a lot with AP US, never even a hint of problems. maybe they are cracking down.. which, ok, fine. dont want my money? cool. lol.

Ok maybe I missed it. What part of your answers explains why I can view Amazon US content with VPN ON in browsers but not in Anystream?
  • First you said Amazon always use billing Country -> Well, as the picture shows, in Firefox, Amazon allows me to view US content only with my Canadian Account.
  • Then you said Amazon redirect to the billing country -> Well and again, the picture shows I'm logged in Amazon.COM and I was not redirected to Amazon.CA (in Firefox)
  • The very basic question I keep asking is why Amazon doesn't behave with AS as it does with the browser, especially after I was told AS is basically just another browser (with chromium engine) with added downloading features.
I haven't tried Prime US with Chrome, but while I was troubleshooting my DNS leaks, the VPN provider told me that they have a Chrome pluggin that might resolve the Amazon issue. Now that I fixed my DNS leaks and have Amazon.COM showing me US content while running a VPN without issue. Maybe I should install and try it with Chrome. If Chrome fails like AS is failing. Then I'll know AS as inherited the Chrome issue. But if Chrome shows me US content with the VPN ON. I'll be back asking why Amazon US works will browsers but not with AS.

At first I had DNS leaks while using my VPN. Prime US was giving me the no can do error due to VPN or Proxy use. Asking to turn off those things and come back...
I managed to fix the DNS leaks.

Now I can view Prime US content in my browsers (Edge and Firefox) without getting the VPN/Proxy notification.

I did empty the C:\Users\[...]\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache directory.

But AS still get the VPN/Proxy detection block.

Any recommendation?

Is there a way to test for DNS leaks in AS? If not it would be nice to add it as a provider (https://www.dnsleaktest.com/) so we can test if it is the culprit.

I would need to see a log file, otherwise all I can do is guess.
But: did you specify the correct region in AnyStream's provider-settings? For Amazon, AnyStream requires to know which region you are in beforehand.

(Other than that, it should work - nothing special about AnyStream vs. Chrome/FF/Edge)

Is there a way to test for DNS leaks in AS?
I know for a fact, that DNS leaks are not a problem with most providers. I sort of doubt, they are with Amazon.
BUT: the location of the DNS server impacts the location of the resulting streaming server.

Also: the "quality" of the VPN detection sometimes depends on which mirror server you are talking to (this can give the impression of randomness).

never even a hint of problems. maybe they are cracking down.. which, ok, fine. dont want my money?
I think, most people don't understand the motivation behind VPN blocking.

Surely, Amazon itself would happily provide all content to everyone in the world. As would all other streaming services.
But streaming services don't own (all of) the content. They pay a certain license fee to cover a certain region, so they can let their customers view it.

The actual copyright owners (and license-givers) are the ones who will step on the streaming service's feet, when they discover, that their content can be viewed elsewhere.

So the streaming services have to block VPNs, but don't really want to (though they don't really care much either way). That may be the reason why they don't do it all that ... diligently.

Fair enough guys, log will follow shortly.

Back at the DNS leaks part. I was getting VPN/Proxy notification in browsers as long as I had DNS leaks.
To completely resolve it and have access to US content in browsers I had to take actions:
  1. At the OS/Network interface level;
  2. At the VPN configuration;
  3. At the Browser (clear cache END enable Secure DNS)
Once cleaned up (1,2,3), US content magically appeared in the Browsers.
I'm only speculating with the self awareness of lack of knowledge, but it could be as simple as AS config not set to Secure DNS.

I would need to see a log file, otherwise all I can do is guess.
But: did you specify the correct region in AnyStream's provider-settings? For Amazon, AnyStream requires to know which region you are in beforehand.

(Other than that, it should work - nothing special about AnyStream vs. Chrome/FF/Edge)
Chrome/FF/Edge requires to have Secure DNS enabled, which is not set properly by default.

"AnyStream requires to know which region you are in beforehand", I chose US, as I do with browsers to end up on Amazon.COM

Given that this issue is similar to the one I experienced with Disney+ (with VPN activated you can login into your Disney+ account and watch shows in the browser while with Anystream you cannot even login) I am very keen to see whether there is a solution for @dvd4fun problems. If there is, maybe this solution could also be applied to Disney+.

EDIT: Turned out I was using a crappy VPN service.
Switching to another VPN provider resolved the issue. Prime now behaves the same in AS as it does in Browsers.

the problem is not VPN, the problem is your credit card, couse the credit card of your country is validate for amazon so then show you the content of your country

the problem is not VPN, the problem is your credit card, couse the credit card of your country is validate for amazon so then show you the content of your country
No, that's not the case. The availability of content is not tied to from where you paid for it, only to where you're watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back