• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Amazon Not Loading Prime Video, loads a sales page

Just as an additional data point, I have the Amazon store page in AS about every other week so not super rare for me. Failed today so I tried the "search for program" workaround. Selected a movie I wanted and AS dropped into the correct page. Downloaded the movie OK. Hit the "home" button and was back at the store. It appears the "search" trick works one-at-a-time (but does work).

I will try the DNS cache clear (but on Windows 7).

Log file attached in case it is needed.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.8.0.astlog
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I get this same issue from time to time and have mentioned it. In fact I am having it right now. Once it starts it will persist for hours and then goes away as mysteriously as it started.

I just tried /flushdns and that seems to have worked but its a little early to tell. And the reality is if that works then that's all that is needed for a workaround.
Just CMD, ipconfig /flushdns

But ultimately this is something we should not have to do in my summation. I would not call it a critical thing but it would be nice if this did not occur.

Last edited:
Hi RedFox. Thanks for that tip but that is my go-to first fix attempt, no joy. Second fix was the "search" ploy which worked up to now. Today as I noted it only worked once (not sticky).
I will look into DNS cache clearing and report back.

BTW, User DQ started a thread on June 30 with this problem. No fix but it went away for them.

Hi RedFox. Thanks for that tip but that is my go-to first fix attempt, no joy. Second fix was the "search" ploy which worked up to now. Today as I noted it only worked once (not sticky).
I will look into DNS cache clearing and report back.

BTW, User DQ started a thread on June 30 with this problem. No fix but it went away for them.
Just posted about it but I think we posted at the same time. Just open a command prompt (CMD) and run ipconfig /flushdns

See if that helps?

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it:

1689861874117.png
No joy again, still have the Amazon shopping landing page.....

Whatever page you are on in Amazon. It doesn't matter, just go into the search bar and go to Prime video.

I am having this right now as well. Clicking "Prime Video" just brings me back to the typical Amazon sales page. The ipconfig thing did not help it.

I personally do not think there is anything wrong here outside of Amazon doing something dynamically that AS needs to ultimately account for.

Just my 2 cents.

Go into the Amazon Prime provider in AnyStream settings and uncheck it. Close AnyStream. Reopen AnyStream. Go into settings and recheck Amazon Prime. See what happens, that should reset it.

I am having this right now as well. Clicking "Prime Video" just brings me back to the typical Amazon sales page. The ipconfig thing did not help it.

I personally do not think there is anything wrong here outside of Amazon doing something dynamically that AS needs to ultimately account for.

Just my 2 cents.
DQ, I agree with you 100%, but how can we fix something we cannot reproduce? This has never happened to me. Never. I know it happens, it says in the logfile that Amazon is redirecting it to a sales page. I know it's happening. But how can we change something that isn't broken in AnyStream? AnyStream is not shifting the page. It's Cloudfare or something else in the regions, where this happens. You know its intermittent, Ill discuss this more with Pete, but if I could make it happen to me, we could fix it.

Reactions: DQ
DQ, I agree with you 100%, but how can we fix something we cannot reproduce? This has never happened to me. Never. I know it happens, it says in the logfile that Amazon is redirecting it to a sales page. I know it's happening. But how can we change something that isn't broken in AnyStream? AnyStream is not shifting the page. It's Cloudfare or something else in the regions, where this happens. You know its intermittent, Ill discuss this more with Pete, but if I could make it happen to me, we could fix it.
I absolutely understand. I have reported it previously and I have done a few hours of research/troubleshooting on my side not to complain or to be a nuisance but because I want to help solve it for everyone. I fully get that it's a tough one to track down and clearly it's not super duper critical so not the highest priority. All things I understand and completely agree with you on.

In the most respectful manner possible, I must disagree with the assertion that it's not something AS is responsible for. Obviously this is specific to this use case and a typical browser has no issue here. So while the dynamic nature of this issue is indeed due to whatever Amazon is doing behind the scenes, AS has to be able to deal with it at the end of the day. Just like it handles every other provider change that occurs that causes AS issues.

Please do not take any of that as anything but me trying to help. And I will continue too. I am no dev but I think there are a number of things I can watch and maybe track down that helps somehow even if it's just more info. I will try from my end to assist as best I can.

It should also be mentioned that I have 1000% trust and faith that this is something you guys can solve. But I understand that it's low priority (as it should be at this time) and there is only so much bandwidth to get things done.

Can you PM me a link to the page it sends you to?
Are you watching me? :) I was just trying to capture that but it started working. But I will keep trying and snag that and as much info as I can. If you want me to do anything else just let me know.

Are you watching me? :) I was just trying to capture that but it started working. But I will keep trying and snag that and as much info as I can. If you want me to do anything else just let me know.
If I am going to ask Pete to try and block the redirect, I also would like to give him the link to where it's redirecting.

If I am going to ask Pete to try and block the redirect, I also would like to give him the link to where it's redirecting.
Yes sir absolutely. I will do my best to snag it. It's been happening frequently but as you stated it is hard to track down so for now its working. But I will keep on trying.

Also if it helps I have noticed this which I found interesting. There is no flat non-dynamic url I can find for Prime Video. There is always some dynamic content on the url even if you search for it on a browser that has zero to do with your account.

I am speaking of things here I see but do not fully understand just FYI.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Video/b?ie=UTF8&node=2858778011

If I search for "Amazon Prime Video" this is what I get. This is also the EXACT page AS is going initially when it works.

That link takes me directly to Prime Video, the page that it should. Now do you see my issue here?

That link takes me directly to Prime Video, the page that it should. Now do you see my issue here?
Through my several posts on this in the last hour or so I have repeatedly stated that I 100% understand what you are saying and I do not disagree with it. The link I just posted that you went to is what I mentioned is working. My only point in putting it down there was to display how it's somehow dynamic and is also what everything right now points to for Prime including AS. So the link just was the baseline for working.

I will continue to try to catch the url(s) when it breaks and report back here.

Through my several posts on this in the last hour or so I have repeatedly stated that I 100% understand what you are saying and I do not disagree with it. The link I just posted that you went to is what I mentioned is working. My only point in putting it down there was to display how it's somehow dynamic and is also what everything right now points to for Prime including AS. So the link just was the baseline for working.

I will continue to try to catch the url(s) when it breaks and report back here.
Thank you, DQ, it is awful hard to ask someone to fix something that I cannot show them is broken. I am not sure if we did block the redirect that Amazon put in, it would not block the real Amazon Video or redirect to another page completely. It's sort of like when your car starts acting up and you take it to the dealer and it runs perfectly. ;)

Back