• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Amazon Not Loading Prime Video, loads a sales page

Ken Klucina

As the title states I am looking at amazon's shopping site in the Anystream program. This happened before and I was able to remove amazon provider, shutdown anystream, restart, add provider back. This dance does not work now. Any other ideas?

As the title states I am looking at amazon's shopping site in the Anystream program. This happened before and I was able to remove amazon provider, shutdown anystream, restart, add provider back. This dance does not work now. Any other ideas?
Without a Anystream log file, no one can help you.

Please post one so you can get some help.

(y) :thankyou:

Following this sometimes helps with Amazon:
Exit Anystream
Windows-Key + R
insert:
Code:
%localappdata%\Redfox\AnyStream\cache
Enter
-> Delete all contents of folder
Start Anystream

I hope this is resolved.

RedFox 1, I have been having the same issue accessing Prime Video (USA) from my location in Houston, Texas as Ken Klucina. I have performed all the normal recommended fixes just as Ken did and deleted the cache as cartman0208 recommended with no change in the result. I have attached my log file for the developer team to look at and (hopefully) diagnose the issue.

RedFox 1, thank you in advance for any advice or assistance you may be able to provide. I really appreciate your valuable time and effort to help all of us that rely on this forum.

Attachments

• 20230717_AnyStream-1.5.8.0_PrimeVideo_SalesPageOnlyIssue.astlog
    89 KB · Views: 1
The issue will resolve itself, the problem is that something is redirecting the Amazon Prime Video page. This page gets loaded because something on your computer or an outside source is redirecting it. If it happened to everyone I could say, "This is an AS issue" but it's only happening to a handful of people. We all use the same program from the same installer, it usually just goes away when Amazon changes their ads, I understand your frustration. Ill go over it and see if there is a workaround.

RedFox 1, I have been having the same issue accessing Prime Video (USA) from my location in Houston, Texas as Ken Klucina. I have performed all the normal recommended fixes just as Ken did and deleted the cache as cartman0208 recommended with no change in the result. I have attached my log file for the developer team to look at and (hopefully) diagnose the issue.

RedFox 1, thank you in advance for any advice or assistance you may be able to provide. I really appreciate your valuable time and effort to help all of us that rely on this forum.
Craig, do me a favor, do you have the previous version, load that, reboot your machine see if it's fixed, then load the new version over that and see if it still happens.

Did you actually try and do this. Delete all the contents of the cache folder and then reboot your machine

C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache

The issue will resolve itself, the problem is that something is redirecting the Amazon Prime Video page. This page gets loaded because something on your computer or an outside source is redirecting it. If it happened to everyone I could say, "This is an AS issue" but it's only happening to a handful of people. We all use the same program from the same installer, it usually just goes away when Amazon changes their ads, I understand your frustration. Ill go over it and see if there is a workaround.
Thank you, sir! As always, I truly appreciate your insights.

> Since you mentioned redirects, have you ever found the source of issues with AnyStream to have anything to do with DNS settings? I will try this myself as an experiment, but I was just wondering if you use a secure DNS provider like CloudFlare (1.1.1.1, 1.1.1.3, etc.) or Quad9 (9.9.9.9) or even Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8) if this could be the source of the issue (even though it has not caused any problems with AnyStream in the past).

> I will also try deleting the DNS cache on my PC and rebooting to see if that could be the source of the issue.

Thank you for the "redirect" clue, I would not have pegged that as a possible problem source.

Thank you, sir! As always, I truly appreciate your insights.

> Since you mentioned redirects, have you ever found the source of issues with AnyStream to have anything to do with DNS settings? I will try this myself as an experiment, but I was just wondering if you use a secure DNS provider like CloudFlare (1.1.1.1, 1.1.1.3, etc.) or Quad9 (9.9.9.9) or even Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8) if this could be the source of the issue (even though it has not caused any problems with AnyStream in the past).

> I will also try deleting the DNS cache on my PC and rebooting to see if that could be the source of the issue.

Thank you for the "redirect" clue, I would not have pegged that as a possible problem source.
Dont worry Craig, we will get this sorted, please keep me updated on how you are doing. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Craig, do me a favor, do you have the previous version, load that, reboot your machine see if it's fixed, then load the new version over that and see if it still happens.

Did you actually try and do this. Delete all the contents of the cache folder and then reboot your machine

C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache
No sir, I am sorry I do not have the older version available. (EDIT: I did install the latest version over the older version. If you want me to do so, I can completely remove AnyStream from the system and perform a clean install.)

Yes sir, I did delete the cache folder, logged out of all services, removed all providers, cleaned all trash files from the system caches, and rebooted the PC. I then added back Amazon Prime, logged into the service, but still am viewing the sales page just as the OP described.

I am going to repeat the process as well as deleting my DNS cache and temporarily switching my DNS providers back to AT&T default DNS servers. If any of that resolves the issue, I will post back to hopefully help anyone else experiencing this issue.

Thanks. This issue is so obscure, it is rare that two people have it in the same month but both you and Ken are in the same time zone, I believe this may be a factor. To be honest I really don't know. :cry: Do you know how to flush your DNS?

Thanks. This issue is so obscure, it is rare that two people have it in the same month but both you and Ken are in the same time zone, I believe this may be a factor. To be honest I really don't know. :cry: Do you know how to flush your DNS?
Yes sir! Here is the "Easy Method" for folks not familiar with opening terminal or PowerShell from the RUN dialog in case anyone reading this thread might find it helpful:

HOW TO CLEAR THE DNS CACHE ON WINDOWS 10 OR 11

[COMMAND PROMPT: WINDOWS 10/11]
1. Open Start.
2. Search for 'Command Prompt', right-click the top result, and select the 'Run as administrator' option.
3. Type the following command to flush the DNS cache on Windows 11 and press [Enter]: ipconfig /flushdns
4. (Optional) Type the following command to view the cached records from the local DNS and press [Enter]: ipconfig /displaydns

[POWERSHELL: WINDOWS 10/11]
1. Open Start.
2. Search for 'PowerShell', right-click the top result, and select the 'Run as administrator' option.
3. Type the following command to clear the DNS cache on Windows 11 and press [Enter]: Clear-DnsClientCache
4. (Optional) Type the following command to view the cached records from the local DNS and press [Enter]: Get-DnsClientCache

Thanks for that Craig alot of members could benefit from your great instruction on Flush/DNS. Here is what I do. Basicly the same as you are doing.

At the bottom left corner, type 'cmd' in the Start menu's search bar, and press Enter. 2. Type 'ipconfig /flushdns' in the Command Prompt (Run as Admin), and press Enter ;)

I have this issue also. To get around it, I use the search box to search for any movie or tv series. When I click on the show, it then loads the prime video page.

I saw it as a minor annoyance so I didn't report it earlier.

RedFox 1: Dude, you ROCK! Your clue about redirects put me on the right diagnostic path to resolve the issue. I typed and refined a plain text procedure as I worked so I could document each troubleshooting step. I have attached the finalized procedure that resolved the issue to this post for your review. If you think it is appropriate, please feel free to paste the contents into a pinned post, format it as required for easy reading, and (of course) make any edits you deem necessary. I think this procedure will serve as a good "first-step" diagnostic procedure for AnyStream users to try before making you dig through their log files for ANY common AnyStream provider access issue.

Please note that the attached plain text file has a lot of tabbed and indented steps that will vary according to the tab or space indent settings in each person's text editor of choice. I dumped out the text file to a simple PDF so you could see how the procedure should look (more or less) if the text file does not lay out well in your text editor.

Attachments

• anystream_service-provider_no-access_fixes.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 16
  • anystream_service-provider_no-access_fixes.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi Craig. Actually, you fixed this. I just read your log files and told you what was in them. I am very pleased it's fixed. Please enjoy the software. We can't be happy unless you are. ;) Thank you for your patience and understanding, and for using your knowledge to get it done. We need more customers like you.
Edit - I just read through the .pdf files you enclosed and I have to tell you, I am extremely impressed. Thank you again.

I was able to navigate to a prime video page by searching for something on prime and using the search results to navigate to the prime video page of said search result.

I was able to navigate to a prime video page by searching for something on prime and using the search results to navigate to the prime video page of said search result.

Isn't there always a Prime Video button on one of the first rows?

Back