• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A very helpful site - blu-ray.com

My replacement hasn't even shipped. And they said it'd be another week before it even has a chance. So...yea.

I was sorry to read your disc had issues. I read a lot of people did. I was worried about mine but it seems to have ripped fine. I hope your replacement comes soon.

My order page for The Abyss on Amazon now shows it is expected to arrive between April 15 - April 25.

A weeeee bit late, but still not actually shipped yet.

The only way to currently buy this 4K set on Amazon is via a 3rd party reseller, offering a "collectable - like new" set for $120 plus shipping.

Whoever makes these Blu-rays can make as many as they want. What's up?
If the demand is greater than the what the studio thought it would be before the official release there will be shortages. Would you want to create a batch of discs that don't get sold if the demand isn't there?

Creating discs takes time, it isn't a quick process, nor it is cheap. Bottom line, studios want to create only as many as they believe people will buy. Clearly they underestimated with this release.

Plus, more and more studios are passing on the disc manufacturing to an outside source, Sony is picking up a lot of that. Transferring over manufacturing to another company makes for even more delays.

Folks have been waiting over 30 years for this.
So? To a studio people waiting is not ever a major concern.

There's lots of content people have been and will continue to wait for. Studios will release a product when they believe they can make some more money.

Well, lookie here. My long delayed 4K/Blu-ray/Digital copy of "The Abyss" has finally shipped! Got shipped yesterday, expected to arrive on 23 April after being pre-ordered on 10 March.

Huzzah! My long delayed copy of "The Abyss" finally arrived today less than an hour ago!

The 4K disc is "useless" to me at this time since I have no drive capable of reading it. either in the PC or a stand-alone player. The BD copy is decidedly bare-bones, no cast/crew commentary, but both versions of the film are on the feature disc. After watching the movie on DVD in a 4:3 format letterboxed "widescreen" having the film now work with a 16:9 TV looks wonderful.

@George++ Do you have a link to whoever is selling or taking preorders?
No one is taking preorders any more since the 4K set has been officially released. Amazon is as good a place to check for available new copies, you certainly won't get preorder pricing any more. If I hadn't already purchased via a preorder I'd wait a couple of months until the studio can get more copies made and the initial demand has been mostly fulfilled.

The current price for new at Amazon is not as good as the preorder, but there is a discount from the retail price. With delivery taking a few days to ship.

The Abyss 4K on Amazon

Back