• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A very helpful site - blu-ray.com

DQ

I did not find this site. Some kind soul on this forum told me about it and I thank them publicly for it.

This site has tons of great info and reviews.

I use it often to see what UHD discs are being released and when. It's allowed me to snag some great discs as soon as they come out.

This stie will also demonstrate how disc is not dead and in some ways it is doing well.

I just preordered "The Crow" and "The Abyss" in 4K!

Thanks again to whomever mentioned this to me.

Code:
https://www.blu-ray.com/

Currently I am not into 4K releases, but yeah, that site is good for tracking current and upcoming releases on 4K and "regular" Blu-ray. Eventually I might have to get a 4K stand-alone player.

I notice there is no current released schedule for the BD release of "The Abyss."😥

I have the DVD "Special Edition" that has two different cuts of the movie, theatrical and director's cut. I will keep waiting for the BD release.

Reactions: DQ
Currently I am not into 4K releases, but yeah, that site is good for tracking current and upcoming releases on 4K and "regular" Blu-ray. Eventually I might have to get a 4K stand-alone player.

I notice there is no current released schedule for the BD release of "The Abyss."😥

I have the DVD "Special Edition" that has two different cuts of the movie, theatrical and director's cut. I will keep waiting for the BD release.
Yes sir there is. March 12th for "The Abyss". That date comes from Amazon where I preordered it.

I don't use a disc player for 4K, I digitize them and watch them via Plex.

"Aliens" also comes out in 4K this month. I thought about pre-ordering that one but I was already paying for "The Abyss" this month. I will snag Aliens later. "The Abyss" is my priority there. "The Crow" (one of my all time favorites) comes in May. Looking forward to that one.

Yes sir there is. March 12th for "The Abyss". That date comes from Amazon where I preordered it.
I saw at the site you mentioned there was no release date, and I didn't bother to go snoop Amazon. *Annoyed Grunt*

That is what the script reads (Annoyed Grunt) for The Simpsons when Homer goes "D'oh!"

[ETA]: when I said I I'd like a BD only version of "The Abyss," and there is no release date for that yet, I meant a release without 4K discs.

Last edited:
*Sigh*

"The Abyss" was released early this morning PDT, and instantly went "unavailable". My order is still outstanding, and likely won't be filled soon since the 4K release has been ordered 10K+ times.

The current price at Amazon is higher than the pre-release price, so hopefully Amazon fulfills their price guarantee if/when the movie actually gets shipped.

*Sigh*

"The Abyss" was released early this morning PDT, and instantly went "unavailable". My order is still outstanding, and likely won't be filled soon since the 4K release has been ordered 10K+ times.

The current price at Amazon is higher than the pre-release price, so hopefully Amazon fulfills their price guarantee if/when the movie actually gets shipped.

I got an email from Amazon, asking if I still want my pre-order.

I just now checked, someone is selling a used copy of the movie for well above the discounted new retail price. Amazon no longer has it for sale new as well.

Great, they probably don't have enough to fill all the pre-orders. I hope it get a 2nd print run. If not, the fricking gougers will be out in force selling all the copies they bought up.

Great, they probably don't have enough to fill all the pre-orders. I hope it get a 2nd print run. If not, the fricking gougers will be out in force selling all the copies they bought up.
Amazon will now have to force cancel my pre-order, I won't do it voluntarily even if they ask via email.

I wasn't all that eager about the 4K release, but it did include 2 Blu-ray discs and a digital copy for the price.

The movie is not that much a fan favorite, it never really was popular when it was first run in theaters, and never really was a big seller on DVD even with the director's cut special edition. So why the 10K+ purchases of this in pre-release mystifies me other than some people pre-ordering lots of copies hoping to scalp and gouge regular buyers.

This site has tons of great info and reviews.

Yes it's very helpful.

As it offers info on releases around the world, I use it heavily in support of the UN-supported UHD List.

And, like you, for my personal use as well to know what new releases are coming.

This site and IMDB are my go-to's for movie info. :=)

T

Reactions: DQ
Amazon will now have to force cancel my pre-order, I won't do it voluntarily even if they ask via email.

I wasn't all that eager about the 4K release, but it did include 2 Blu-ray discs and a digital copy for the price.

The movie is not that much a fan favorite, it never really was popular when it was first run in theaters, and never really was a big seller on DVD even with the director's cut special edition. So why the 10K+ purchases of this in pre-release mystifies me other than some people pre-ordering lots of copies hoping to scalp and gouge regular buyers.
This demonstrates one of my points here. Disc is clearly not dead.

I did not get mine yet either I will just wait my turn. I do already have my order in for "The Crow" so I am good there.

Yes it's very helpful.

As it offers info on releases around the world, I use it heavily in support of the UN-supported UHD List.

And, like you, for my personal use as well to know what new releases are coming.

This site and IMDB are my go-to's for movie info. :=)

T
Same here but I also use "Just Watch". They have better streaming info just not as much detail on everything.

I just got an update on my preorder. Amazon says it will be delivered between the 24th and the 28th.

Same here but I also use "Just Watch". They have better streaming info just not as much detail on everything.

Looks like this is a good guide for streaming.

I'm more of a Disc person myself, though I do download movies with AS from time to time.

T

I just got an update on my preorder. Amazon says it will be delivered between the 24th and the 28th.
No email update on my pre-order, not even one about a delay in delivery date. All I see on the website is "not yet shipped, we will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

No email update on my pre-order, not even one about a delay in delivery date. All I see on the website is "not yet shipped, we will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."
Just stay in line man. It will come eventually.

🤞 🤞 🤞

Back