• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A recent update broke AnyDVD running in a VM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been closed and will remain so but I wanted to add a final statement. Slysoft continues to offer wonderful software and support. They tirelessly update the products where they add new features, improve functionality, fix bugs, overcome new and more complex protections, etc. The software has clear system requirements and it has been stated time and time again that support under a VM is not officially supported. It has been stated time and time again that it may work with some VMs but not others. It has been stated time and time again that mileage may vary.

James, one of the lead developers, has taken the time to post in this thread and state what he knows concerning the problem where suddenly after a more recent update AnyDVD won't function well under a VM in certain conditions. James has stated he isn't aware of the cause and that it isn't a top priority. Other people in this thread have suggested the obvious which is that the product isn't supported under VMs although it might work.

I find it rather troubling and to the point of outrageous that someone might even subtly suggest that the "breakage" was intentional. I also find it completely absurd to claim there is a hostility. Most people are simply tired of the this discussion going round and round in an infinite loop. This is a circular discussion that no matter how long it does on will come right back to where it began and so on. There is no conspiracy or hidden agenda.

Seriously, people, we let discussions go a long ways on certain issues where the position of Slysoft is repeated over and over and over and over until most of us are blue in the face. There's nothing wrong in continuing to talk about the issue but the problem is the manner in which it is and pushing and pushing for it to be fixed and suggesting it's a bug or, worse yet, an intentional change made to cause a problem under a VM. This is just flat out ridiculous.

The thread was allowed to runs its course and in doing so it went off the rails. The position of Slysoft is clear. James' position is clear. There's nothing left to be said here and Webslinger rightly closed this thread. I have zero issue with people discussing problems and/or expressing opinions but there is a point at which things become unacceptable and simply ridiculous. This thread reached that point.

Lastly, I think people in these forums take it for granted that developers like James, Peer, Fernando, etc, take the time to actually interact with the users. Not many software companies can say the same and it is something to be greatly respected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back