• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8 tokens GONE

SAF

tried to download a TV series with 8 episodes on Prime. According to AS, I had 8 tokens available. Trie to do a batch download. Got errors for each. Guess what.. no episodes downloaded and all 8 tokens are GONE! :rockingchair:

Attached is the filelog..

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.5.1.astlog
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
Sometimes, things happen that we do not have control over, but I have faith that very soon, you will have many more tokens and the program will be working again. This was something we had no control over. Thanks for the log file.

Sometimes, things happen that we do not have control over, but I have faith that very soon, you will have many more tokens and the program will be working again. This was something we had no control over. Thanks for the log file.
Everyone needs to off on downloading anything else from AP, NF and Hulu until there is a new version released. That will keep your from 'wasting' any more tokens. :)

tried to download a TV series with 8 episodes on Prime. According to AS, I had 8 tokens available. Trie to do a batch download. Got errors for each. Guess what.. no episodes downloaded and all 8 tokens are GONE! :rockingchair:

Attached is the filelog..
And you will get those tokens back, one every 36 minutes. Not a big deal.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to off on downloading anything else from AP, NF and Hulu until there is a new version released. That will keep your from 'wasting' any more tokens. :)

You're making a dangerous assumption that anyone will bother to read the forum. The number of threads here over the last couple days proves people can't find the bold red text at the top of the page. :banghead:

You're making a dangerous assumption that anyone will bother to read the forum. The number of threads here over the last couple days proves people can't find the bold red text at the top of the page. :banghead:

Seeing that you see yourself as an intellectual....

Can you inform the OP "where" in the big bold red text at the top of the page is Amazon mentioned at all?

We have been told elsewhere in the forum that Amazon does NOT suffer from a DRM issue.

If you point a finger at others, then always remember that 3 fingers on your own hand is pointing back at you.

HBO just went down in Sweden as well just minutes ago, getting 0byte files there now

Same in Canada, HMax crashes, can't DL anymore.

Same in Canada, HMax crashes, can't DL anymore.

It's likely that the CDM that AS uses was either leaked, or just narrowed down one way or another. For a CDM to be revoked, it would have to be due to many different user IPs using the same keys to decrypt. This is what leads me to believe that their L1 CDM was leaked, and consequently revoked. :/

Nope, according to ivan older widevine key versions were pulled by Widevine themselves.

Got errors for each. Guess what.. no episodes downloaded and all 8 tokens are GONE! :rockingchair:

This is academic at the moment. As it stands AnyStream seems to have functionality issues with all of its supported service providers. So in this case the priority must be to deal with these DRM issues and get full functionality back.

Still, to address your point,....

I started a thread about a similar issue not that long ago titled something like "Token Reclamation". The responses of fellow users were very much the same as they are here. BTW, I also postulated that having a download queue could compound the issue and you seem to be verifying that this is indeed the case.

To understand the likely position the deves have on the subject, I think you have to understand the mind of a developer. If you design a thing to do something specific and it does said thing, then it's not a bug. For example:

UDP is a protocol that sends data regardless of whether it can confirm a recipient is there to receive it's payload. This is by design. Perhaps a bad example but switching to a different protocol might be necessary.

Which is kind of my point with respect to tokens. Instead of seemly deducting a token at request for a download, simply put a lean on a token and only actually take a token when the requested download has been completed successfully according to an AS algorithm. The download can be authenticated in some way to reasonably determine that it was complete. They can't check for everything (file corruption, audio sync issues, video fidelity and so on) but this is a reasonable compromise IMO.

Yes we know tokens are regenerative.

Well, this is actually pretty funny....Just stopped by a competitors forum and the guys there are arguing about the exact same things.
Almost sounds like it's the same people....everything from "Chill, the devs are working on it" to "I want a refund/extend my license".

Speaking of tokens, why even mention 8 lost tokens ? I "lost" almost 100 when downloading an old show and every episode after the first one downloaded in a crappy quality.
Guess what ? Since we have a "small" DRM problem and downloads are currently not possible, I'm already back to 100 so why even mention it ?

at this point and with previous experiences in mind, it is safe to assume tokens shall be lost. if and when that happens, and it will happen again, seek help here on forum and cease downloading until redfox fixes things. silver lining? tokens regenerate regardless of providers changing things on their end or not. the downside? your hard drives are now still displaying more free space then they would if everything was working and every single token resulted in a full download. and weighing in pros vs cons, i think were all still in the positive, so to speak. therefore, lost tokens are something we all have to accept and live with. in the end, 8 tokens is practically nothing. in a couple of hours theyll be back. cheers!

And this is why it really is not an issue. If you run out, you only have3 to wait at the most 36 minutes and you can download again.

As I said before, at the moment there are bigger issues. However, that doesn't necessarily mean all other issues should never be contended with. Also virtually every release of AnyStream lists "minor changes and fixes" that are so minor that they aren't even specified.

Also note, because the situation is transitory doesn't mean it isn't a problem or a potential problem. Case and point, near as anyone can tell. AnyStream isn't functional (or fully functional) for any supported provider. One could say, "not a problem, all we have to do is wait for the devs to address the DRM issue".

Not everyone will agree that the current state of AnyStream functionality isn't a problem though and waiting isn't a cure-all for everything.

Back