• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8 tokens GONE

Hmm, maybe Brewer and Shipley?

One token over the line, Sweet Jebus
One token over the line
Sittin' downstairs at my media station
One token over the line

Waitin' for those things to recreate, sweet Disney
Hopin' that the token's on time
One token over the line

What do you watch? I hope it's streamed
I've been queuing, as you can plainly see
I felt the joy and learned about the pain
When my wifi died
And if I should choose to queue a whole series
It would drain my hoard

So I'm one token over the line, Sweet Jebus
One token over the line
One token over the line

One token over the line
One token over the line

One token over the line

When my wifi died
It would drain my hoard

One token over the line
One token over the line

See what happens when we "step away from the computer" we get creative ;)

OMG!! :ROFLMAO:

Hurry, repair this sweet program. I'm not sure the world can take much more of this!

Yeah, those 8 tokens will probably be replenished multiple times by the time it's fixed. But maybe AnyStream could ask the user if they want to continue with the rest of the queue if one download fails. That could be also inconvenient if one episode randomly fails and you have like 50 more queued which would have downloaded without issues, but maybe this could be configurable or restricted to only pause if a DRM error happens.

I think after 2-3 errors sure, but it's the internet, one error does happen once in a while. but 2-3 in a row, that's concerning enough to stop.

Yeah, those 8 tokens will probably be replenished multiple times by the time it's fixed. But maybe AnyStream could ask the user if they want to continue with the rest of the queue if one download fails. That could be also inconvenient if one episode randomly fails and you have like 50 more queued which would have downloaded without issues, but maybe this could be configurable or restricted to only pause if a DRM error happens.

That is a really good, constructive and reasonable idea in my opinion.

One token over the line
One token over the line

One token over the line

When my wifi died
It would drain my hoard

One token over the line
One token over the line

How can something be so horrible and awesome at the same time?

As I said before, at the moment there are bigger issues. However, that doesn't necessarily mean all other issues should never be contended with. Also virtually every release of AnyStream lists "minor changes and fixes" that are so minor that they aren't even specified.

Also note, because the situation is transitory doesn't mean it isn't a problem or a potential problem. Case and point, near as anyone can tell. AnyStream isn't functional (or fully functional) for any supported provider. One could say, "not a problem, all we have to do is wait for the devs to address the DRM issue".

Not everyone will agree that the current state of AnyStream functionality isn't a problem though and waiting isn't a cure-all for everything.

What kind of life do you lie if you can't just wait 36 minutes for your token to replenish? In that time you are waiting, you can watch content you downloaded. And unless you're an idiot and continue to download using up all your tokens when you know there is a problem, it's just not an issue at all.

What kind of life do you lie if you can't just wait 36 minutes for your token to replenish? In that time you are waiting, you can watch content you downloaded. And unless you're an idiot and continue to download using up all your tokens when you know there is a problem, it's just not an issue at all.

There is a country song in there somewhere... :p

"8 tokens gone, and 36 minutes is just way too long"

There is a country song in there somewhere...

(Apologies to Patsy Cline:
)

I fall to pieces
Each time I've no tokens again
I fall to pieces
How can I download, and when?

You want me to act like I've got all day
You want me to sit and wait (sit and wait)
Accept the refill rate (refill rate)

But I've tried and I've tried
And it's just not great
Oh so long, and I fall to pieces

I fall to pieces
Each time I run out again (out again)
I fall to pieces
Time only adds to the pain

You tell me to find happiness elsewhere
Something else to do (else to do)
Not make a hullabaloo (hullabaloo)
But each time I have nothing else to queue
I wanna die and I fall to pieces

Last edited:
(Apologies to Patsy Cline:
)

I fall to pieces
Each time I've no tokens again
I fall to pieces
How can I download, and when?

You want me to act like I've got all day
You want me to sit and wait (sit and wait)
Accept the refill rate (refill rate)

But I've tried and I've tried
And it's just not great
Oh so long, and I fall to pieces

I fall to pieces
Each time I run out again (out again)
I fall to pieces
Time only adds to the pain

You tell me to find happiness elsewhere
Something else to do (else to do)
Not make a hullabaloo (hullabaloo)
But each time I have nothing else to queue

Patsy Cline is in heaven right now having a word with the Lord about you :p

Unfortunately it seems there are some laboring under misconceptions and assumptions.

I cannot speak for the OP but my main motivation in addressing this oddity is to improve AnyStream as a product. By way of bringing it to the attention of the devs.

Like many others here in this forum I have made suggestions that I thought would improve the utility, user experience and ease of use of the product. A download queue was one such suggestion and a token counter another. It’s gratifying to see such an implementation even if it’s a logical progression (and popular request).

There remains the outside theoretical possibility that a user of AnyStream could load up a queue with a full complement of tokens only to find zero successful downloads and zero tokens left in ~90 seconds or less. This is on the extreme side but I don’t see any guardrails implemented to prevent this.

It’s more likely to be a couple of lost tokens here and there which is mildly annoying at best.

Is this a hair on fire emergency or a Greek tragedy? No, it’s not and we’ve all said as much already.

Back